VIETNAM & CAMBODIA: 10 Day Luxury Mekong Delta Cruise Including Flights for One
Glide along the serene waters of the Mekong.
$3,499Valued at $4,228
Tranquil island life, elegant cruise ships, serene Mekong views and bustling metropolises whizzing with aromatic markets and breathtaking architecture await you on this incredible 10 day Mekong Delta cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Return International Flights
- 1 Night of 5 Star Accommodation and 7 Nights Aboard a Luxury Cruise Liner Including all Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Explore Quaint Floating Fishing Villages Along the Tonle Sap River, Gain Insight into Life Under the Khmer Regime in Phnom Penh and Sample Exotic Local Produce in Vietnamese Riverside Towns
- Return International Flights
- 1 Night of 5 Star Accommodation in Siem Reap
- 7 Night Luxury Mekong River Cruise Aboard the Toum Tiou II Riverboat
- Daily Breakfast Plus 3 Delicious Lunches and 6 Dinners
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Tours as per the Itinerary
- English Speaking Local Tour Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Siem Reap – Royal Angkor Resort or similar
Set sail down the Mekong aboard the luxury Toum Tiou II Riverboat. Unwind in your lush Main Deck cabin, decked out with floor-to-ceiling glass showcasing panoramic views of the Mekong, featuring air-conditioning and private ensuite bathroom with luxe slippers and robes. Relax with a sunset cocktail at the sundeck bar or savour Cambodian and Vietnamese tastes at the onboard restaurant.
Solo Traveller Package
Thinking about going solo? This incredible getaway has packages available for those wanting to travel alone, available at no extra cost.
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred option from the Package Options section at the top of the page. Solo travellers will be paired with fellow travellers of the same gender.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 30 March
- 6, 20 April
- 7*, 14*, 21*, 28* July
- 7*, 18*, 25* August
- A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Whether you’re cruising along the tranquil waters of the Mekong, visiting sobering war memorials in Cambodia or living island life in Vietnam, everyday is a new adventure on this incredible 10 day Mekong cruise through Cambodia and Vietnam.
- Gain insight into Cambodian island life along the Tonle Sap River with a visit to the floating village of Chnok Tru and the fishing port hub of Kampong Chhnang.
- Experience the sea of saffron monk robes, stunning architecture and aromatic markets of Phnom Penh, learning about the Cambodia’s sobering past under the Khmer regime with a visit to Tuol Sleng Museum and the Killing Fields.
- Marvel at panoramic sunset views stretching through Cambodian rural planes from Sam Mountain in Chau Doc, an ancient place of Buddhist pilgrimage dotted with sacred temples and pagodas.
- Leave the tourist traps behind and get a taste of Vietnamese river life in My Tho and Sa Dec, abundant with breathtaking pagodas, bustling markets and tree-lined vistas.
Pack your bags for a Mekong adventure as you board your international flight to Cambodia. Upon arrival in Siem Reap, make your own way to the hotel for check-in.
Make your own way to your Siem Reap meeting point to transfer to the Phnom Krom pier for your Mekong River Cruise embarkation. Settle in to your surroundings with a welcome drink and dinner as the crew sets sail for Chnok Tru. In the slight chance that water levels are too low, you may embark from Koh Chen instead.
Arrive at Chnok Tru this morning, one of the biggest floating villages on the Tonle Sap River. Learn about the local industries of fish farming, pottery and sugar palm production.
Head to Kampong Chhnang next, one of the largest fishing ports on the river. Wander through the local market and visit a brick factory to gain insight into these local industries. Explore a sugar plum farm and learn about the production of caramel coloured sugar form the Thnot tree (sugar palm), used in large cakes and palm wine.
Arrive at Kampong Tralach this morning, starting your day with a visit to the majestic Vihara Buddhist Monastery and Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda. En-route enjoy a riverside drive through Kampong Tralach Krom village crossing beautiful stretches of emerald rice paddies.
Head to the small town of Koh Chen to visit family-run silver and copper workshops. You may even get the chance to meet a Khmer Rouge survivor and hear about their story under the regime. Enjoy an afternoon cyclo tour through Phnom Penh, departing from the buzzing What Phnom. Admire the stunning colonial architecture of the post office and Van’s Restaurant before making your way to the Royal Palace and the National Museum.
Explore Phnom Penh at your leisure this evening, perhaps discovering the atmospheric riverside roads lined with buzzing cafes.
Start your morning with a guided tour to the Tuol Sleng Museum, learning about the dark history and devastation that plagued the Security Prison 21 (S-21) under the Khmer Rouge regime. Continue onto the sombre Killing Fields of Choeung Ek, a powerful memorial to victims of the regime lined with mass graves.
Spend the afternoon at your leisure, perhaps exploring the Silver Pagoda or Russian Market. Return to the boat for an Apsara show before departure this evening.
Cross the border into Vietnam and cruise to Chau Doc. Start the day with a visit to the Tra Su Bird Sanctuary, gliding through serene waters to enjoy bird spotting via powerboat and small local rowing boats. Travel to Sam Mountain where you can settle in to watch the sunset, enjoying panoramic views from the mountain.
Start your morning with a visit through the Kien An Cung Pagoda in Sa Dec and take time to stroll through the Sa Dec riverside market. A small city with a population of only 30,000, Sa Dec provides a glimpse into life along the Mekong, with unspoiled tree-lined streets, fading colonial vistas and preserved architecture less travelled to by tourist masses.
Continue on to Vinh Long, weaving through its small pathed streets to learn about the local industry of rice popping. Head to Cai Be by local boat where you’ll meet the ship, dropping anchor near Thoi Son Island.
Visit Vinh Trang Pagoda this morning, known for its enormous Buddha statues and peaceful atmosphere, catching a glimpse of My Tho town along the way. Cruise to Thoi Son Island by boat, sampling local coconut, fruit and honey and meeting local musicians. Enjoy an island lunch at your leisure followed by a farewell cocktail onboard and goodbye Captain’s dinner.
Say goodbye to your travel buddies as your disembark in Ho Chi Minh City making your own way to the airport for your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Solo travellers can be paired with a fellow traveller of the same gender for no surcharge
- Group tour sizes: minimum 2, maximum 16
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra: $275 per person
- Darwin: $550 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific or Malaysia Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies to early arrivals and late departures
- Flights are subject to promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Tips/gratuities – recommended at $12 per person per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages