VIETNAM: 14 Day Vietnam Discovery Tour Including Flights for Two
Discover all corners of Vietnam’s beauty.
$3,998Valued at $8,900
Whether you’re admiring picturesque pagodas in Hanoi, trekking through the breathtaking landscapes and rice fields of the Sapa valley or revelling in the riverside charm and unique delicacies of Hoi An; every day is a new adventure on this incredible 14 day Vietnam discovery tour.
- Return International Flights for Two, Plus All Internal Flights
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast, Plus an Overnight Train to Lao Cai and an Overnight Halong Bay Cruise!
- Visit Wartime Sights in Ho Chi Minh City, Uncover Hidden Narrow-Alleys in Hanoi and be Culturally Enlightened with an Insight into the Lives of the Hmong People
- Return International Flights for Two
- All Internal Flights
- 10 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast for Two Plus Many More Delicious Meals
- Overnight Train to Lao Cai
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise, Including All Onboard Meals and Activities
- All Transport as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Hanoi – Larosa Hanoi or similar
- Overnight train to Lao Cai – 4 Berth Cabin (upgrades available)
- Sapa – Sunny Mountain Hotel or similar
- Halong Bay – Oriental Sails or similar
- Hoi An – Hoi An Garden Palace & Spa or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City – Queen Ann Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 18* March
- 8*, 22* April
- 6, 20 May
- 10, 24 June
- 8, 22 July
- 12, 26 August
- 2, 16 September
- 14*, 28* October
- 4*, 18* November
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies to departures on these dates
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Uncover the diverse beauty of Vietnam. Whether it’s hidden alleys, towering ancient pagodas, limestone seascapes or traditional delicacies; discover the best that Vietnam has on offer on this mindblowing 14 day trip.
- Open your palate and your senses while exploring the narrow-streets of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, home to Vietnam’s most beautiful pagodas and the world-famous ca phe trung – a decadent blend of whipped egg, coffee and butter.
- Trek through the breathtaking Sapa Valley. Wander through postcard-worthy rice paddies and quaint local villages, and uncover the day to day lives and traditions of the native Hmong people.
- Cruise through the expansive beauty of Halong Bay on a rowboat adventure through uninhabited caves, emerald landscapes and hidden grottoes on an overnight cruise.
- Get lost in the riverside beauty and incredible preserved ancient architecture of Hoi An, adorned with Chinese and Japanese detail that will make you feel as if you were walking through a quaint 16th century port town.
- Explore the historic marvels of Ho Chi Minh City, gaining insight into the Vietnam War at the War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace, and gape in awe at the grandeur of the Saigon Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral.
Xin chao Vietnam! Pack your bags for a banh-mi bound Vietnamese adventure as you board your international flight to Hanoi. Once you land, you will be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
This morning you’ll take a guided tour of Hanoi, starting at the Ho Chi Minh Complex, located amongst traffic-free botanical gardens, monuments, memorials and pagodas. Pay homage to the influential ‘Uncle Ho’ at the Mausoleum before checking out the lotus-like One Pillar Pagoda and the Tran Quoc Pagoda – the oldest Buddhist temples in Vietnam.
Spend the afternoon exploring Hanoi at your own pace, maybe venturing through the streets of the Old Quarter to see Hanoi’s famous speed train pass through the narrow streets of the neighbourhood. After your afternoon of leisure, you will be transferred to the train station for your overnight train to Lao Cai Province.
- Upgrade to a twin share sleeper cabin on the overnight train for AUD $50 per person
Arrive early this morning in Lao Cai, where you’ll be transported to the hotel for breakfast before spending the rest of your morning in Lao Cai Village. Winding through the surrounding rice terrace fields of Muong Hoa Valley, you’ll be enamoured with the breathtaking panoramic mountainous views that surround the valley.
You’ll then travel to a local Black H’mong Village to learn about the lives, culture and history of the native Sapa people, before taking a leisurely walk to Ta Van Village, a rice terrace field haven that lies at the foothills of the valley. You’ll then be transported back to Sapa for a restful night’s sleep.
After breakfast, you’ll start your day walking through the breathtaking landscapes of Suoi Ho Village, filled with endless rice terraces. You’ll then trek through these terraces to reach Ta Phin Village, home to both Black Hmong and Red Dao minorities famed for their use of herbal medicine procured from the land to cure diseases. You’ll then be transported from Sapa back to Hanoi, arriving in the evening for check-in.
Board your morning coach through the lush Red River Delta farmland and arrive at the emerald seascape of Halong Bay for your overnight cruise. Glide through serene waters to magical towering limestone pillars and thousands of scattered islands, stopping at wave-eroded grottoes to admire the hidden beauty of Halong.
Capture the sunset from the boat and watch the sampans – local fishing boats – disappear into the jade green horizon. Enjoy dinner on board and get to know your travel buddies!
Start your morning with zen Tai Chi on the sundeck or snap away at the breathtaking sunrise over Halong Bay’s limestone pillars. Sip on a cup of tea or coffee before exploring closeby islands by rowboat, returning to the deck for breakfast against the stunning marble-like backdrop of limestone rock formations. You’ll disembark the boat after breakfast and be picked up by your coach to go back to Hanoi.
- Halong Seaplane Tour – Witness full panoramic views of Halong Bay from up in the air! (AUD $210 per person)
- Hanoi Street Food Tour (D) – Eat like a local in this guided tour of the local street food scene, tasting stuffed pancakes, banh mi, sticky rice balls, egg coffee and other delicious delicacies (AUD $70 per person)
Say goodbye to Hanoi and hello to Hoi An as you board your morning flight to Danang before being transferred to Hoi An for check-in. A melting pot of Japanese merchant houses, Chinese tea houses, authentic street food and Venice-like canals, you’ll be free to explore Hoi An at your own leisure for the rest of the day.
Perhaps take a stroll through Hoi An Old Town and be enamoured by the well preserved Chinese-heritage houses and temples. Maybe then walk down to to the street food mecca of Vietnam, Ba Le Well Lane, sampling delicacies like succulent barbeque pork rice paper rolls, Banh Xeo – rice pancakes, and Cao Lau – thick noodle soup.
Today you’ll explore Hoi An by foot on a guided tour. You’ll visit an old merchant’s home as your first stop, adorned with preserved wooden Chinese and Japanese carvings. You’ll then walk through the hustle and bustle of Hoi An Market to bask in the smells of fragrant herbs and spices, before visiting a breathtakingly ornate local Chinese temple. Cross over the famed Japanese Covered Bridge as your final stop, etched with exquisite Chinese and Japanese artistry and heritage symbols.
Enjoy the rest the afternoon going at your own pace, perhaps wondering along the banks of the Thu Bon River, stopping to eat fresh seafood and sip on a beer at one of the many riverside restaurants.
Explore Hoi An today at your own pace, maybe admiring the beautiful Buddha carved statues and Fujian architecture of the Fujian Assembly Hall. If you’re in need of a recharge, escape the streets and head to Cua Dai Beach and laze away on pristine white sands surrounded by calm waters.
Soak up the last few hours of your Hoi An haven with some last minute sights before boarding your internal flight to Ho Chi Minh City, where you’ll have the remainder of the day to explore the city at your own pace.
Maybe wander through the incense-infused temples and streets from the back of a cyclos – Vietnam’s 3-wheeled bicycle taxi, making sure to check out the war-time historic Reunification Palace or Giac Lam Pagoda if architecture is more your style!
Take the day to discover Ho Chi Minh City at your own leisure. Be sure to check out the Venerable Thich Quang Duc Monument – an ode to the Buddhist monk who set himself alight in protest of rising anti-buddhism sentiment in 1963. If you’re more of a history buff, visit the Former US Embassy to South Vietnam, the historic spot where the Vietnam war came to an end.
- Mekong River Cruise (L) – Get an insight into life along the stunning Mekong. Cruise through riverside villages and lush rice fields before stopping at a local riverside restaurant for an authentic lunch prepared by a local family. (AUD $130 per person).
Embark on a guided tour of Ho Chi Minh’s key hotspots today, learning about Vietnam’s French heritage at the Notre Dame Cathedral before admiring the grandeur of the Saigon Postal Office. You’ll then be taken to War Remnants Museum to get an insight into the the brutality of the Vietnamese War, then onto the scramble of the Ben Thanh Market. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon to explore Ho Chi Minh City at your own leisure.
- Cu Chi Tunnel Tour – Gain insight into the life of a tunnel-dwelling Vietnam War resistance fighter, where you’ll get the chance to weave through underground tunnels, bomb traps and tank remnants (AUD $70 per person).
Savour the last few hours of your Vietnamese adventure with some last minute shopping and sights before boarding your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home safe in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed.
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- A single supplement surcharge of $480 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Overnight train to Sapa: upgrade to a twin share sleeper cabin for AUD $50 per person
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane, Adelaide or Canberra: additional $300 per person
- Perth: additional $500 per person
- Flights are economy class with either Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines or Thai Airways, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies to early arrivals and late departures, plus additional airfares and tax
- Flights may not be to direct or operate daily
- Flights include 23kg of checked baggage per person and 7kg of hand luggage per person
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Tipping – recommended at approx. AUD $5 per person, per day
- Optional excursions and activities
- Anything not listed in inclusions and itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages