VIETNAM: 12 Day Private Vietnam Foodie Adventure Tour for Two
Taste your way through pho-nomenal delights.
$3,198Valued at $4,299
Open up your palate on this pho-tastic culinary expedition of Vietnam. Savour the unique delicacies, sample legendary pho-infused cocktails, uncover family recipes and discover the unrivalled beauty of limestone seascapes, local villages and ancient pagodas.
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two PLUS a Halong Bay Overnight Cruise with All Onboard Meals
- Cruise Along the Emerald Waters of Halong Bay and Mekong Delta, Visit Notre Dame Cathedral and Learn to Whip up Cha Ca La Vong (Grilled Fish) with a Local!
- Zip Through the Streets of Ho Chi Minh City on a Cyclo Street Food Tour, Down a Cup of the Iconic Ca Phe Trung (Egg Coffee) and Embark on a Pho-Tasting Crawl
- 10 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and Heaps More Meals as per the Itinerary
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Internal Flight from Hue to Hanoi
- On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- All Tours and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Perfume River and Mekong Delta Boat Trips
- Cooking Classes, Street Food Taste and More!
- English Speaking Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Airport Transfers
- Hanoi – Spring Flower or similar
- Halong Bay Cruise – V’ Spirit Cruise or similar
- Hoi An – Like Hotel or similar
- Ho Chi Minh City – Ruby River or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29 September
- 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 October
- 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 November
- 1, 2, 8, 9. 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 February
- 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 April
- 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31 May
- 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28 June
- 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 July
- 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30 August
- 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Uncover the diverse beauty of Vietnam and culinary delights waiting to be discovered. Hidden narrow alleys, towering ancient pagodas, limestone seascapes and local villages abundant with rice paddies; discover the best eats and sights that Vietnam has on offer on this 12 day culinary adventure.
- Explore the historic marvels of Ho Chi Minh City, gaining insight into the Vietnam War at the War Remnants Museum and Reunification Palace, before zipping through the streets on a cyclo food tour, sampling such delights like banh knot and com suon op la!
- Get lost in the riverside beauty and incredible preserved ancient architecture of Hoi An, and the maze-like laneways of the Chinese Assembly Hall and local market*, where you’ll try the infamous banh mi phuong, crisp bread filled with pate, coriander, pickled carrots and secret sauces!
- Visit Thien Mu Pagoda, perched along the banks of the Perfume River and explore the Khing Thanh Citadeal, comprised of the Imperial City, ancient lakes and gardens, laid out in concentric circles.
- Gain real insight into the life of locals as you learn to whip up the perfect ban dap rice crackers and Cha Ca La Vong (grilled fish), served on a bed of rice vermicelli noodles! Best part is, you’ll get to taste all of your creations!
- Open your palate and your senses while exploring the narrow-streets of the Old Quarter of Hanoi, home to Vietnam’s most beautiful pagodas and the world-famous egg coffee.
- Embark on a pho tasting crawl in Hanoi, trying different types of the iconic soup including the infamous pho cocktail!
Xin Chao, Vietnam! Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh, you’ll be welcomed by a local representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Embark on a guided tour of Ho Chi Minh’s key hotspots today, learning about Vietnam’s French heritage at the Notre Dame Cathedral before admiring the grandeur of the Saigon Postal Office. You’ll then be taken to War Remnants Museum to get an insight into the brutality of the Vietnamese War.
Afterwards, it’s time for the real star, Ho Chi Minh’s infamous Saigon noodle soup in Ben Thanh Market, before a traditional cyclo (three wheel bike) street food tour of the local delights, such as banh canh cua (crab rice noodle soup), banh khot (mini knots of fried rice cakes) and com suon op la (grilled pork chop over rice).
Enjoy a scenic drive through the Mekong Delta, arriving in Ben Tre (Coconut Village) where you’ll cruise past local fishing villages and islands via boat. Learn about coconut shell processing. Back on land, learn how to peel coconut husk!
Afterwards, cycle through the lush, evergreen road through local villages, before a rowing boat through the crisscross canals. Gain insight into local life at a local home, learning how to make evergreen rural road cake and sip on honey tea, before lunch at a riverside restaurant.
Transfer to the airport for your short flight to Danang. Upon arrival, travel to Hoi An, a melting pot of Japanese merchant houses, Chinese tea houses, street food hubs and Venice-like canals.
Admire the rich architectural fusion of the 400-year-old Japanese Covered Bridge and weave through the maze-like laneways of the Chinese Assembly Hall and local market, where you’ll be able to tantalise the taste buds with the infamous banh mi phuong, crispbread filled with pate, coriander, pickled-julienned carrots, and secret sauces.
Gain real insight into the life of locals today as you glide through rice paddies, farmland and rural countryside on a motorbike, visiting a 100-year-old ancestral house, learning the art of mat weaving and how to whip up the perfect ban dap rice crackers.
Enjoy some refreshing cold drip coffee at a local roasting house, before continuing your journey to Noi Rang Market and Duy Hai Fish Market. Cap off your guided tour with breathtaking vistas over Cua Dai bridge and the coconut palm-fringed Cam Thanh for lunch at a local restaurant.
The remainder of the afternoon is yours to savour the local delights on offer.
Transfer to Hue this morning, making a pit stop en route to try the tantalising local delicacy of bun thit nuong (grill pork and noodles). Visit King Minh Mang Tomb and enjoy a boat ride to Thien Mu Pagoda, perched along the banks of Perfume River.
Uncover the Khing Thanh Citadel, comprised of the Imperial City, ancient lakes and gardens, laid out in concentric circles today. Upon arrival, you’ll enjoy tea and cake with a local family as you learn about life from a descendant of the royal lineage.
Then it’s off to Dong Ba Market, sampling your way through some of Vietnam’s best eats, including banh be, chem banh loc and more! Later, learn to make some of these delights with a cooking demonstration.
Bid farewell to Hue this morning as you board your flight to Hanoi! Upon arrival, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and pay homage to ‘Uncle Ho’ at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, dedicated to the nation’s founder.
Continue to the Temple of Literature to gain a glimpse into ancient Vietnam at the site of the nation’s first University. Afterwards, stroll through Hanoi Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake, before visiting Hoa Lo Prison for US prisoners of War during the Vietnam War.
Cook like a local today as you learn to dish up Cha Ca La Vong (grilled fish), served on a bed of rice vermicelli noodles, sourcing the finest ingredients at the market and enjoying lunch with your host!
Continue onto Tran Quoc Pagoda – Vietnam’s oldest Buddhist temple, and Truc Bach Lake to visit the monument to John McCain. Returning to the Hanoi Old Quarter, cheers to the day with a glass of Bai Hoi (local draight beer) or iconic ca phe trung (egg coffee).
Travel by coach to Halong Bay, spending the rest of the day cruising past thousands of limestone islands and emerald seascapes. Passing by sampans gliding across the emerald waters of the bay, you’ll even get the chance to visit some of the hidden grottoes that lay beneath the towering cliffs.
Sip on a cup of tea or coffee as you glide through serene waters past Incense Burner Island, Fighting Cock Islet, Stone Dog and more, before disembarking and making your way back to Hanoi.
In the late afternoon, embark on a pho-tasting crawl, including the iconic pho cocktail in the local bar where it was created!
Your tantalising Vietnam culinary adventure comes to an end today as you transfer to the airport for your flight home!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
Internal Flight Information:
- Flight departs from Hue to Hanoi
- Flight is economy class with Jetstar or similar, subject to availability
- Includes 20kg of checked luggage
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $275 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Hotel upgrades are available from USD $315 per person
- International flights
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages