TURKEY & MOROCCO: 24 Day Turkey and Morocco Adventure Including Flights for Two
An expedition straight out of a history book.
$15,998Valued at $17,998
Encounter cities plucked straight from history books as you venture into the heart of Turkey, paying your respects at Gallipoli and visiting Troy, before uncovering soaring sandstone mountains in red and burnt orange, imperial cities and ancient kasbahs in marvellous Morocco.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 22 Nights of Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 14 Dinners
- Pay Your Respects to the Fallen at Gallipoli, Stand in Awe of the Sahara in Rissani and Encounter Cities Plucked Straight from the History Books
- Return International Flights for Two
- 22 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 14 Dinners
- On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Guide
- Gratuities for Tour Guide and Driver
- Return Airport Transfers
- All Internal Flights
- All Hotel Taxes, Service Charges and Fees
- Istanbul – Novotel Istanbul Bosphorus or similar
- Canakkale – Kolin Hotel or similar
- Izmir – Movenpick Hotel Izmir or similar
- Antalya – The Marmara Antalya Hotel or similar
- Cappadocia – Dinler Hotel Urgup/Kapadokya Lodge or similar
- Ankara – Swissotel Ankara or similar
- Rabat – Sofitel Rabat Jardin des Roses or similar
- Fez – Fes Marriott Hotel Jnan Palace or similar
- Erfoud – Kasbah Xaluca Maadid or similar
- Ouarzazate – Ibis Ouarzazate or similar
- Marrakech – Le Meridien N’Fis or similar
- Casablanca – Kenzi Tower Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 21 May
- 11, 18, 25 June
- 20 August
- 3, 10, 17 September
- 5, 15, 22, 29 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With its fair share of world-famous ruins and monuments, be swept away by Turkey’s most iconic spots, soaking up the sights, culture and tastes of Istanbul, Canakkale, Izmir and Cappadocia before exploring the ever-changing colours of Morocco over 24 incredible days.
- Admire the splendour of old Istanbul with visits to the 17th century Blue Mosque, famous for its magnificent blue tiles, the Hippodrome, and Topkapi Palace – the once great court of the Ottoman Empire!
- Pay your respects to the fallen soldiers of WWI with a visit to the Gallipoli Peninsula, home to the sobering Anzac Cemetery.
- Behold the immense fortified walls of Troy and legendary centre of the Trojan war – you can even see a full-scale Trojan Horse reproduction.
- Take a dip in the restorative, luminous blue waters of the Pamukkale Hot Springs, carved into the glittering white calcite cliffs of this natural, ‘cotton castle’.
- Uncover the medieval fortified city buried in the heart of Rabat as you explore Chellah and visit the Royal Palace built on the ruins of an 18th-century palace.
- Stroll along the historic Talaa Kebira past an array of hidden Arabic gems and mosques and perhaps pamper yourself with the ultimate Moroccan steam bath experience in a traditional Hammam with a free day in Fez.
Pack your bags and prepare to be mesmerised by desert landscapes and otherworldly cities as you embark on your Turkey and Morocco adventure!
Welcome to Istanbul – the only city in the world that straddles two continents! Upon arrival, you’ll be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Spend some leisure time exploring the hotel and surrounds before attending an orientation meeting with your tour manager and fellow travellers, followed by a welcome dinner.
This morning you will be treated to a guided tour of some of Istanbul’s most famous sites. Your first stop will be to the Blue Mosque, a 17th-century Ottoman mosque, famous for its six minarets and magnificent interior of blue tiles. Continue to the Hippodrome, the place which once served as the backdrop of chariot races and athletic events during the Roman period; followed by St. Sophia, the great Byzantine basilica built in the 6th-century. Round out your day of exploration at the Grand Bazaar, browsing carpets, jewelry, leather and more!
- Half Day Istanbul Tour* – visit the Topkapi Palace, St. Sophia and wander the Grand Bazaar (AUD $98 per person).
*You will not be able to visit the Grand Bazaar on 30 July 2020 due to the celebration of Ramadan.
Leave Istanbul early this morning for the Gallipoli Peninsula, the scene of one of WWI’s most sobering military campaigns and the site of the famous Ottoman victory against the Allies. Pay your respects to the fallen soldiers at the Anzac Cemetery, a memorial dedicated to the casualties of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
This afternoon, you’ll board a ferry across the Dardanelles Strait to Canakkale for dinner and your overnight stay.
Continue your scenic drive along the magnificent Aegean Sea today, towards the ancient city of Troy. Dating back to around 3000 BC, this glorious area has been the site of nine different cities over the thousands of years it’s been in existence. Upon entering Troy’s impressive city walls, a full-scale Trojan Horse reproduction will dominate your view, before you’re left to your own devices to explore this historic site.
Then, drive to Pergamum to admire the ruins and quiet splendour of the once-powerful kingdom that existed there during the ancient Hellenistic period. Later, visit Asclepion, the ancient Roman spa centre, before stopping for lunch in a local village. Continue en route to Izmir for the evening.
Admire Izmir’s monumental sights at your leisure today. You could visit the Church of St Polycarp, the oldest functioning Church in Izmir, discover velvet castles at the Fort of Kadifekale or you could simply relax in an authentic Turkish cafe sipping Turk kahvesi.
- Ephesus and House of the Virgin Mary tour with lunch – discover Turkey’s best preserved ancient ruins at Ephesus, home to the House of the Virgin Mary, the Basilica of St. John, the library of Celsus and more (AUD $137 per person).
Admire the extraordinary necropolis and circular tombs atop the Pamukkale hot springs this morning, enroute to Antalya.
Renowned as a ‘cotton castle’, this UNESCO World Heritage site is a surreal calcite city made up of white terraces filled with warm, mineral-rich waters. Enjoy a restorative soak in the rejuvenating waters before continuing to Antalya.
Explore Antalya at your leisure today, taking advantage of the fantastic beaches on the southern coast, world-class shopping and beautiful old city, offering fantastic cliff top views of the Roman-era harbour.
- Perge, Aspendos and Antalya Archaeological museum tour – visit the Pamphylian city of Perge and ancient city of Aspendos, before getting amongst artifacts dating back over 2500 years at the Antalya Archeological museum (AUD $108 per person).
Visit the spectacular 13th century Caravanserai of Sultanhan this morning, a large abandoned city and shelter built within Cappadocia along the infamous Silk Road. On arrival in Cappadocia, you’ll have the evening to yourself or you could join an optional Whirling Dervishes Performance.
- Whirling Dervishes performance – this captivating mystical dance is performed to express the love and wisdom of the Sufi God (AUD $72 per person).
Discover Cappadocia’s mesmerizing lunar landscapes and ancient sites on your own today. You could see the city from above with a breathtaking, optional hot air balloon ride in the early morning or visit the Ozkonak Underground City *, a maze of tunnels carved eight levels deep into the earth, and the *Goreme Open Air Museum to see rock-carved churches and chapels with an optional full day tour.
- Early morning hot air balloon ride (AUD $299 per person).
- Goreme Open Air Museum and Ozkonak Underground city tour (AUD $89 per person).
Depart for Ankara this morning, the capital and second largest city of Turkey. Upon arrival, visit two extraordinary monuments: the Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk, a tribute to Ataturk, the father of modern Turkey, and the Anatolian Civilizations Museum which is spread across two Ottoman buildings located near Ankara Castle.
After travelling back to Istanbul, you’re free to do what you like for the remainder of the day or you could join an optional Bosphorus cruise! This evening, enjoy a festive farewell dinner with your travel buddies!
- Bosphorus cruise – glide along the shores of Europe and Asia past marble palaces and Ottoman-era villas (AUD $95 per person).
Enjoy your final breakfast in Istanbul this morning and bid Turkey gule gule as you transfer to the airport for your departure flight to Casablanca.
Welcome to Casablanca! Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel in Rabat for check-in. The rest of the day is yours before an orientation meeting at 6pm.
Uncover the medieval fortified city buried in the heart of Rabat today as you explore Chellah and visit the Royal Palace built on the ruins of an 18th-century palace on a city tour. Wander past whitewashed houses in Rabat’s historical citadel of Kasbah, entering through the dramatic Almohad gate, before admiring the intricate designs carved into the brilliant Hassan Tower.
Drive through rolling hills dotted with olive groves and Roman ruins en route to Fez today, stopping at Volubilis where you’ll get to admire the wonderfully preserved mosaics inscribed on the limestone Roman ruins and pass the Holy City of Moulay Idriss.
On arrival in Fez, enjoy mesmerising views over the ancient city from a hill overlooking the whole medina, before a short bus tour through the imperial city. Tonight, enjoy dinner with a local family to gain insight into traditional Moroccan culture and traditions.
Today is yours to stroll along the historical Talaa Kebira past an array of hidden Arabic gems and mosques, perhaps pamper yourself with the ultimate Moroccan steam bath experience in a traditional Hammam or visit the 11th-century Chouara Tannery.
- Fez City Tour (L) – visit the world’s oldest operating university, see the famous tanneries and the Fes el Bali Medina, before visiting the Al-Attarine Madrasa, Moulay Idriss Mausoleum and the Nejjarine Fountains and Museum (AUD $85 per person).
Drive through the low valleys, plains and montane cedar woods of the Atlas Mountains, passing Errachidia, a French Foreign Legion military garrison, and snaking through the dramatic gorgeous and rocky passages along the Ziz Valley to arrive in Erfoud.
Head for the edge of the Sahara Desert this morning, as you explore the ancient city of Rissani where fortunes in gold and slaves were traded. En route, learn about fossils at a local factory and, on arrival, explore the lively souk and a beautifully restored 18th-century ksar (castle).
After, pass the ancient ruins of Sijilmasa on the River Ziz, once a bustling Berber city and medieval trade port. Why not cap off your tour with a Sahara camel ride?
- Sahara Camel Ride (AUD $152 per person).
Visit the oasis of Tinghir this morning, offering lush green vistas and sand-coloured medinas, followed by Tinjdad Road, where nomads once stopped to quench their thirst at the natural springs and find shelter.
After, stand in awe of the soaring mountains and gaping gorge at Dades Canyon, before continuing to Ouarzazate via the Road of the Thousand Kasbahs and Dades Valley, iconic for its blooming roses.
Discover the Draa Valley today as you embark on a city tour of Ouarzazate, your gateway to the Sahara. Wander the maze of stairwells to the summit of Taourirt Kasbah located at the crossroads of the Sahara and north Morocco, before admiring the defensive walls, rising towers and ascending clay buildings of Ait Benhaddou.
Tonight, transfer to Marrakech, following the Tichka Pass into the heart of the Atlas Mountains.
See the best of Marrakech this morning, stopping via the luminous aqua Saadian Tombs, dating back to the 16th-century where Saadian royalty found their final resting place, the Koutoubia Minaret to admire the patchwork of red sandstone bricks and calligraphy, followed by the monumental fountains and woodwork in the spellbinding Bahia Palace.
End the tour in the medina before arriving at the Djemaa el Fna Square to marvel at the musicians, street dancers, acrobats, jugglers and henna tattoo artists lining the buzzing streets at your leisure.
- Dinner with Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride (D) – ride through the medina streets in a traditional horse-drawn carriage, before watching an elegant belly dancing performance over dinner (AUD $105 per person).
Today is yours to discover the enchanting souls of Marrakech at your leisure, strolling through the bustling medina, sipping on authentic mint tea and pick up a pair of traditional, hand-made babouches (slippers) in Souk Smata.
- Essaouira Day Tour – visit the fortified city, walk along the ramparts north of Moulay Hassan Square and continue to the defensive walled Skala de la Ville that provides visits with vistas of the port and fishing boats (AUD $75 per person).
Uncover the French colonial legacy and Arab culture in Casablanca today as you visit the second-largest mosque in the world, Hassan II Mosque, and picture-perfect beach along La Corniche, before driving to Mohamed V Square, the Habous Quarter and Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral.
Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with traditional Moroccan fare.
Your Moroccan odyssey comes to an end today as you transfer to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide or Canberra
- Flights from Brisbane are available for an additional $150 per person
- Flights from Hobart are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, Qantas, Singapore or Turkish Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 42
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $2800 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages