TURKEY: 7 Day Taste of Turkey Tour Including Flights for Two
An expedition straight out of a history book.
Watch iconic postcard images come to life in history-soaked Turkey, as you venture into the heart of Istanbul, discover the ancient city of Troy and pay your respects at Gallipoli.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 5 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- Learn About the Live of Sultans at Topkapi Palace, Admire the Iconic Splendour of the Blue Mosque and Glide Past Sultan Palaces on the Bosporous
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 5 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 4 Lunches and 1 Delicious Dinner
- All On-Ground Transport as per Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Experienced Guides
- Taxes, Fees and Service Charges
- Istanbul – Lady Diana Hotel or similar
- Canakkale – Akol Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 5, 12, 19, 26 October
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 February
- 7, 14, 21, 28 March
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With its fair share of world-famous ruins and monuments, be swept away by Turkey’s most iconic spots, soaking up the sights, culture and tastes of Istanbul and Canakkale on this 7 day introduction.
- Haggle and eat like a local in the sultan of all markets, the Misir Carsisi, fragrant with aromatic cinnamon and turmeric, and the maze-like alleyways of the Kapoli Carsi (Grand Bazaar), perhaps with a crave (Turkish coffee) in-hand.
- Pass under the two bridges that divide and connect Europe and Asia as you glide past Sultan palaces, Ortakoy Mosque* and Ottoman villas on a Bosporus cruise.
- Visit Istanbul’s most photogenic building this morning, the Blue Mosque, a 17th-century Ottoman Mosque infamous for its cascade of domes, minarets* and blue Iznik tiles that adorn the interior.
- Skirt the northern shore of the Marmara Sea to Gallipoli and the Anzac Cemetery, a memorial to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps casualties.
- Experience the millennia of history in Troy, the site of nine different cities over its 4000+ years in existence and home to a full-scale Trojan horse reproduction.
Prepare to be mesmerised by Byzantine architecture and rosewater delights as you embark on your Turkey adventure today!
Hos geldiniz, Istanbul! Once you touch down in Turkey, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for check-in and a short briefing. The rest of the day is yours to perhaps stroll along the legendary Silk Road, tantalise the taste buds with flavoursome mezes and immerse yourself in local life.
Immerse yourself in the aromatic scent of cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric this morning as haggle and eat like a local in the iconic Misir Carsisi (Spice Market), before gliding past palaces of Sultans, Ortakoy Mosque and Ottoman villas on a Bosporus cruise.
Later, learn about the lives of sultans and courtiers who lived in the Topkapi Palace when it was the court of the Ottoman Empire, before exploring the sultan of bazaars, the Kapaoli Carsi (Grand Bazaar).
Visit Istanbul’s most photogenic building this morning, the Blue Mosque, a 17th-century Ottoman Mosque infamous for its cascade of domes, minarets* and blue Iznik tiles that adorn the interior, before admiring the sheer spectacle of Hagia Sophia/Aya Sofya’s 1400-year-old Byzantine cathedral.
Continue to the Hippodrome, the place which once served as the backdrop of chariot races and athletic events during the Roman period.
Skirt the northern shore of the Marmara Sea early this morning on your way to Gallipoli and the Anzac Cemetery, a memorial to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps casualties. Afterwards, you’ll board a ferry across the Dardanelles Strait and continue to Canakkale.
Continue your scenic drive along the magnificent Aegean Sea towards the ancient city of Troy today, perhaps stopping to savour the olives, figs and pistachios sold on the roadside.
Dating back to 3000 BC, Troy has been the site of nine different cities over its 4000+ years in existence and is home a full-scale Trojan horse reproduction! You’ll definitely want to take a snap with this behemoth piece of ‘history’.
Afterwards, transfer back to Istanbul to savour your last night in glorious Turkey. Drink to your trip with a tipple of raki (aniseed brandy), or a glass or two of local wine.
Gule, gule, Istanbul! Transfer to the airport for your flight home today.
Some flights may arrive in Australia a day later
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights from Brisbane or Hobart are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore, Emirates, Etihad or Qatar Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 24
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tipping/Gratuities – recommended at $10 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages