TURKEY: 13 Day Highlights of Turkey Tour Including Flights for One
A wondrous blend of otherworldly landscapes and architectural treasures.
Discover the historic landmarks of Istanbul, explore the ethereal landscape of Pamukkale and immerse yourself in the rich classical history of Troy on this epic 13 day journey through Turkey.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Discover the Otherworldly Landscapes and Magical Allure of Cappadocia
- Immerse Yourself in the Rich History of Turkey’s Ancient Lands as You Explore Troy, Pergamum and Hierapolis
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 9 Dinners
- All Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Taxes, Fees and Service Charges
- All Airport Transfers
- Istanbul – Novotel Istanbul Bosphorus or similar
- Canakkale – Kolin Hotel or similar
- Izmir – Movenpick Hotel Izmir or similar
- Antalya – The Marmara Antalya Hotel or similar
- Cappadocia – Dinler Hotels Urgup or similar
- Ankara – Swissotel Ankara or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 23, 27, 28 April
- 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 19*, 21, 26 May
- 1, 3, 8, 10, 14, 15 September
- 12, 13, 15, 19, 22, 26, 27, 29 October
- *This departure is fully escorted with a guide from Melbourne
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Explore the magical landscapes, architectural treasures and ancient landmarks of Cappadocia, Istanbul and Ankara on this spectacular 13 day adventure.
- Discover the surreal landscapes of Pamukkale, where ethereal calcium terraces are filled to the brim with warm mineral-rich waters.
- Be transported to another planet as you relax amongst the whimsical and surreal landscapes of Cappadocia, riddled with honeycombed hills, otherworldly rock formations and subterranean fortresses.
- Snap postcard-worthy pictures of Istanbul’s most iconic landmarks, including the Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet Square and Topkapi Palace.
- Pay your respects to the fallen soldiers at Gallipoli with a stroll through the poignant ANZAC Cemetery.
Pack your bags for an adventure through Turkey as you board your international flight to Istanbul.
Greetings, Istanbul! Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in. Spend some free time unwinding from your journey or venture out to local shops, cafes or restaurants.
Get acquainted with the truly magical sights and culture of Istanbul with a morning tour of the city’s most historic and astounding landmarks.
Snap postcard-worthy pictures of the cascade of domes and slender minarets of the 17th-century Blue Mosque, wander through the old historic Sultanahmet Square, admire the opulence of Topkapi Palace, and bask in the unforgettable aromas of the Spice Market.
Spend the rest of the day at leisure, exploring this fascinating city known for its incredible architecture and spectacular setting on the Bosphorus Strait.
- Half Day Istanbul Tour – explore the Underground Cistern, be awestruck by the religious aura of the Hagia Sophia and wander the Grand Bazaar, shopping for carpets, jewelry, leather and more (approx. AUD $98 per person).
Step back in time with a drive to the famed WWI battlefield in Gallipoli, embracing the poignant atmosphere as you pay respects to the heroic ANZACs at the ANZAC Cemetery.
Afterwards, cross the narrow Dardanelles Strait via ferry, arriving in Canakkale in the early evening.
Discover the history of these ancient lands, exploring the ruins of the city of Troy – the birthplace of the Trojan Horse legend – before climbing to the former kingdom atop the Acropolis of Pergamum where you’ll find the ruins of the Asklepion of Pergamum, a prominent Roman spa centre.
Delve further into the archaic history of Turkey as you arrive in Izmir this afternoon, the famed birthplace of Homer.
Explore the lively city of Izmir at your own pace today. Boasting a fascinating heritage as the former home of the Greeks, Armenians, Jews and Levantines, discover the archaeological remnants of these cultures or sip on an authentic Turkish coffee at a cafe along the scenic Pasaport Quay.
- Full Day Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary with Lunch – walk along 2000 year-old marble and cobblestone streets at the ruins of Ephesus, visit the Great Theatre, Odeon, Fountain of Trajan, steam baths of Scholastica, Temple of Hadrian and more, before continuing to the House of the Virgin Mary and enjoying a local lunch (approx. AUD $143 per person).
Experience surreal calcium terraces overrunning with mineral-rich waters in the ethereal town of Pamukkale, famously known as “cloud city”, before navigating the expansive Hierapolis Necropolis and taking a calming dip in the hot thermal pools of Hierapolis, lodged amongst ancient Roman ruins.
End the day in the resort city of Antalya, regarded in ancient times as “Heaven on Earth”.
Situated right on the Mediterranean coastline, enjoy a day embracing the stylishly modern and classically beautiful city of Antala. Why not stroll the endless souvenir shops, galleries and restaurants in the peaceful Old Town or walk below the triumphal Hadrian’s Gate in the heart of the city?
- Perge, Aspendos and Antalya Archaeological Museum – journey to the well-preserved Pamphylian city of Perge, visit the ancient ruins in Aspendos and learn about Anatolian culture at the Antalya Archaeological Museum (approx. AUD $108 per person).
Embark on a historical drive down the ancient Silk Road trade route and explore the roadside inn Sultanhani Caravanserai, entering through an intricate portal gate, a fine example of Turkish Seljuk art, before arriving in Nevsehir, the heart of Cappadocia, famous for its otherworldly surroundings.
- Whirling Dervishes Performance – observe the captivating dance of the whirling dervishes and experience a seven-century old ritual with dazzling costumes and traditional live music (approx. AUD $72 per person).
Explore the whimsical and surreal landscapes of Cappadocia to your heart’s content with a free day to roam the city of honeycomb rock formations and underground villages seemingly plucked straight from fairytales.
Marvel at the Byzantine Church of St. John the Baptist carved deep into the rocky mountains at Cavusin, gaze up at the soaring fairy chimneys in the Pasabag Valley or venture below ground, winding through the cavernous Derinkuyu Underground City.
- Cappadocia Balloon Ride – soar over the magnificent Cappadocian landscape in a hot air balloon for a memorable flight observing deep canyons and fertile valleys (approx. AUD $299 per person).
- Half Day Cappadocia Tour – explore the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum, Avanos Village and Ozkonak Underground City situated on the slopes of Mt. Idis (approx. AUD $89 per person).
Take in the vivacious sights of Ankara, Turkey’s modest capital city unmarred by the tug of a notorious history, admiring the monumental Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk before browsing the Anatolian artifacts in the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
Return to Istanbul this afternoon and retreat to your hotel to wind down from your adventure through Turkey. This evening, enjoy a delightful farewell dinner with your travelling companions.
- Istanbul Bosphorus Cruise – enjoy an unforgettable cruise along the Bosphorus, a strait separating Europe and Asia that passes numerous fishing villages and suspension bridges (approx. AUD $100 per person).
Gule Gule! Bid Istanbul goodbye as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide
- Departures from Canberra and Hobart will incur a surcharge of $295 per person
- Flights are with Qatar, Turkish Airlines, Etihad, Emirates or Singapore Airlines or similar
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early or delayed departures, plus any applicable fare difference and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 36
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages