TURKEY: 13 Day Best of Turkey Tour Including Flights For Two
An expedition straight out of a history book.
$4,998Valued at $7,998
Watch iconic postcard images come to life in history-soaked Turkey, as you venture into the heart of Istanbul, sink into the Pamukkale hot springs and discover mesmerising lunar landscapes in Cappadocia.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 11 Nights of Luxurious Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- Discover the Ancient City of Troy, Pay Your Respects to the Fallen at Gallipoli and Encounter Cities Plucked Straight from the History Books
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 11 Nights of 4-5 Star Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 1 Lunch & 9 Delicious Dinners
- All On-Ground Transport as per Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Experienced Guides
- Taxes, Fees and Service Charges
- Gratuities While on Tour
- Istanbul – The Marmara Pera or similar
- Canakkale – Kolin Hotel or similar
- Izmir – Ege Palas or similar
- Antalya – Akra Barut Hotel or similar
- Cappadocia – Avrasya Hotel or similar
- Ankara – Movenpick Hotel Ankara or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 29 October
- 4*, 7*, 12, 19, 26 November
- 13, 19, 21, 24, 28 February
- 1*, 9*, 16*, 23* March
- *A High Season surcharge of $100 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With its fair share of world-famous ruins and monuments, be swept away by Turkey’s most iconic spots, soaking up the sights, culture and tastes of Istanbul, Canakkale, Izmir and Cappadocia over 13 incredible days.
- Admire the splendour of old Istanbul with visits to the 17th century Blue Mosque, famous for its magnificent blue tiles, the Hippodrome, and Topkapi Palace – the once great court of the Ottoman Empire!
- Pay your respects to the fallen soldiers of WWI with a visit to the Gallipoli Peninsula, home to the sobering Anzac Cemetery.
- Behold the immense fortified walls of Troy and legendary centre of the Trojan war – you can even see a full-scale Trojan Horse reproduction.
- Take a dip in the restorative, luminous blue waters of the Pamukkale Hot Springs, carved into the glittering white calcite cliffs of this natural, ‘cotton castle’.
- Discover the magic and allure of Cappadocia with an optional hot air balloon expedition, as you enjoy breathtaking views of the rugged panorama, honeycombed hills and towering boulders.
Prepare to be mesmerised by byzantine architecture and culinary delights as you embark on your Turkey adventure today!
Touch down in Istanbul! After you’ve landed, make your own way to the hotel for check-in and spend the rest of the day exploring this magnificent city. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner with your tour guide and fellow travellers!
This morning you will be treated to a guided tour of some of Istanbul’s most famous sites. First stop: the 17th century Blue Mosque famous for its indigo tiles and six minarets. Afterwards, use your imagination to picture the chariot races that took place at the Hippodrome during the Roman period.
Later, learn about the lives of sultans and courtiers who lived in the Topkapi Palace when it was the court of the Ottoman Empire, followed by a stroll through a lively spice market, rich with cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric aromas. Spend the remainder of the day at leisure, or join this afternoon’s optional tour.
- St. Sophia and Grand Bazaar tour – see the 6th century Byzantine basilica of St. Sophia and explore the colourful Grand Bazaar in the heart of Istanbul’s old town (AUD $89 per person).
Skirt the northern shore of the Marmara Sea early this morning on your way to Gallipoli and the Anzac Cemetery, a memorial to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps casualties. Afterwards, you’ll board a ferry across the Dardanelles Strait and continue to Canakkale.
Continue your scenic drive along the magnificent Aegean Sea towards the ancient city of Troy today. Dating back to 3000 BC, this glorious area has been the site of nine different cities over its 4000+ years in existence and is home a full-scale Trojan Horse reproduction!
Driving to Pergamum, admire the ruins of the once-powerful Hellenic-period kingdom, followed by Asclepion, an ancient Roman spa centre. After lunch in a local village, continue to Izmir for the evening.
Admire Izmir’s monumental sights at your leisure today. You could visit the Church of St Polycarp, the oldest functioning Church in Izmir, discover velvet castles at the Fort of Kadifekale or you could simply relax in an authentic Turkish cafe sipping Turk kahvesi.
- Ephesus and House of the Virgin Mary tour with lunch – discover Turkey’s best preserved ancient ruins at Ephesus, home to the House of the Virgin Mary, Basilica of St John, the library of Celsus and more (AUD $128 per person).
Admire the extraordinary necropolis and circular tombs atop the Pamukkale hot springs this morning, enroute to Antalya.
Renowned as a ‘cotton castle’, this UNESCO World Heritage site is a surreal calcite city made up of white terraces filled with warm, mineral-rich waters. Enjoy a restorative soak in the rejuvenating waters before continuing to Antalya.
Explore Antalya at your leisure today, taking advantage of the fantastic beaches on the southern coast, world-class shopping and beautiful old city, offering fantastic cliff top views of the Roman-era harbour.
- Perge, Aspendos and Antalya Archaeological museum tour – visit the Pamphylian city of Perge and ancient city of Aspendos, before getting amongst artifacts dating back over 2500 years at the Antalya Archeological museum (AUD $105 per person).
Visit to the spectacular 13th century Caravanserai of Sultanhan this morning, a large abandoned city and shelter built within Cappadocia along the infamous Silk Road. On arrival in Cappadocia, you’ll have the evening to yourself or you could join an optional Whirling Dervishes performance.
- Whirling Dervishes performance – this captivating mystical dance is performed to express the love and wisdom of the Sufi God (AUD $66 per person).
If time permits there may be a local school visit enroute to Cappadocia.
Discover Cappadocia’s mesmerizing lunar landscapes and ancient sites on your own today.
You could see the city from above with a breathtaking, optional hot air balloon ride in the early morning, visit the Ozkonak Underground City *, a maze of tunnels carved eight levels deep into the earth, and the *Goreme Open Air Museum to see rock-carved churches and chapels with an optional full day tour.
- Early morning hot air balloon ride (AUD $253 per person).
- Goreme Open Air Museum and Ozkonak Underground city tour (AUD $105 per person).
Depart for Ankara this morning, the capital and second largest city of Turkey. Upon arrival, visit two extraordinary monuments: the Mausoleum of Kemal Ataturk, a tribute to Ataturk, the father of modern Turkey, and the Anatolian Civilizations Museum which is spread across two Ottoman buildings located near Ankara Castle.
After travelling back to Istanbul, you’re free to do what you like for the remainder of the day or you could join an optional Bosphorus cruise! This evening, enjoy a festive farewell dinner with your travel buddies!
- Bosphorus cruise – glide along the shores of Europe and Asia past marble palaces and Ottoman-era villas (AUD $89 per person).
Enjoy your final breakfast in Istanbul this morning and bid Turkey gule gule as you transfer at your own expense to the airport for your departure flight to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights from Brisbane are available for an additional $200 per person
- Flights from Canberra and Hobart are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with Qatar, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, Turkish Airlines or Singapore Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommend
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Airport Transfers
- Anything not listed under the Inclusions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages