SRI LANKA: 9 Day Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two
Experience the tastes and culture of this exotic jewel.
$3,998Valued at $5,120
From awe-inspiring ancient ruins to stunning feats of nature, iconic landmarks and exotic hidden wonders, scratch the surface of Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus history on this 9 enchanting day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- Explore Dambulla Cave’s Labyrinthine Depths, Climb to the Peak of Ella Gap and Learn to Make Authentic Sri Lankan Dishes with a Local Family
- Return Economy International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation for Two, Including Daily Breakfast
- Transport via Private Air Conditioned Vehicle as per Itinerary
- Stunning Train Ride from Nanu Oya to Ella
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide throughout Your Journey
- Return Airport Transfers
- Negombo – Goldi Sands Hotel or similar
- Habarana – Sungreen Habarana or similar
- Kandy – Earl’s Regent Hotel or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – Jetwing St. Andrews or similar
- Yala – Big Game Camp Yala or similar
- Induruwa – Pandanus Resort or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 August
- 6 September
- 11, 18, 25 October
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 November
- 7, 14, 21, 28 February
- 7, 14, 21, 28 March
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With so many UNESCO World Heritage sites packed into one country, a myriad of verdant tea plantations, rain forested peaks and legendary temples, Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus years of culture will enthral you on this incredible 9 day tour.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Polonnaruwa’s medieval city, strolling past what was once the grand palace of King Parakramabahu and weaving in and out of the ancient ruins of Sri Lanka’s lost second capital.
- Discover Sri Lanka’s enduring culture and history with visits to Kandy, the Dambulla Cave Temple, the Temple of the Tooth Relic and Galle, each boasting unique colonial architecture, royal ruins and Buddhist shrines.
- Climb to the peak of Sigirya’s Lion Rock for astounding views of this lost, ancient kingdom built on a massive rocky plateau 370 metres above sea level (optional)!
- Be awestruck by Sri Lanka’s natural beauty on your train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella, winding through jungled hillsides and climbing to the peak for breathtaking views of Ella Gap.
- Buckle up for a wildlife jeep safari in Yala National Park. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive leopard, fuzzy sloth bear and colossal tusker – they might be just a few feet away!
Touch down in Sri Lanka! On arrival, you’ll be transferred to Negombo for the evening.
Wake up with the sun this morning as you head to Wella to observe the local fisherman at work.
Then, continue to Sigiriya, driving past coconut cultivations, lush green paddy fields and enjoying a bite of fresh pineapple at a local plantation enroute. On arrival, you’ll have the opportunity to climb Sigiriya Lion Rock.
Returning to the hotel, fry up the fish you caught earlier, perhaps drinking a cheeky Sri Lankan Arak cocktail by the poolside.
- Sigiriya Lion Rock – climb the lion staircase up to the ancient stone fortress, where a polished mirror wall showcases ancient poems and intricately painted frescoes (Approx. USD $30 per person).
Another picturesque sunrise awaits you this morning as you visit Giritale Tank, one of the finest landmarks in the ‘Kingdom of Lakes’. Then, enjoy a bicycle tour of the local villages learning about the traditional way of life and spying exotic birdlife.
Afterwards, you’ll learn to prepare traditional Sri Lankan dishes with a local family, using vegetables you purchased on your cycling tour earlier (own expense).
Continue to the ancient city of Polonnaruwa. One of the greatest kingdoms in the history of Sri Lanka, you’ll get to witness the stone-carved Buddha statues, observe the glamour of Gal Viharaya, Lankatilaka, Thuparama and more.
Ascend stone steps cut into the ancient rock face at the Dambulla Cave Temple today. A sacred pilgrimage site dating back to the 2nd century BC, this glorious site is home to 153 carved statues of Buddha and wall-to-ceiling murals.
Continuing to Kandy, stop via a spice plantation in the Matale region, capping off your visit with a cup of herbal tea. In the evening, enjoy a city tour before a traditional Sri Lanka dance performance and drive around Kandy Lake. Spend the remainder of the evening exploring the local bazaar.
- Gem Museum and Art and Craft Centre (Free).
- Kandy food tour – treat your palate to traditional kottu roti and hoppers, capped off with traditional masala tea (Approx. USD $9 per person).
- Local Kandy pub – cheers to your adventure with traditional local beer in a local pub (Approx. USD $10 person).
Learn how to make traditional pol roti, milk rice, putti or curry over breakfast this morning, before visiting the sacred Buddhist Temple of the Tooth Relic – you may even get to witness a sacred Pooja ceremony while here!*
After paying homage, learn about the 2000-plus history of Sri Lanka’s Kings and Queens at the Kandy Museum, followed by a walk through giant palms and rare orchids in the Peradeniya Botanical Garden.
Continuing to Nuwara Eliya, you’ll spy Ramboda Falls, a spectacular double waterfall, before visiting a traditional ceylon tea factory.
*Guests are advised not to wear shorts, short skirts or sleeveless shirts at the temple.
Board your train to Ella this morning, keeping your camera handy as you wind through spectacular tea plantations and jungled hillsides. Arriving at Ella, climb to the summit for breathtaking views of Ella Gap, framed splendidly by lush forest before continuing to leopard country in *Yala National Park.
Buckle up for your wildlife jeep safari this morning, driving into the heart of the park and through wide-open plains to witness the abundance of peacocks, crocodiles, wild boars and spotted deer grazing in the forest scrub.
Continue to Induruwa in the afternoon for check-in.
Join the locals on the bus this morning, as you head to Galle to visit the historic Dutch Fort and masterfully-created Galle Fort – you also have the option to have lunch here (own expense)!
Afterwards, return by train to Induruwa.
- Farewell dinner on the beach (Approx. USD $35 per person).
Savour your final hours in Sri Lanka this morning, transferring to the airport for your return flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Perth Flights from Brisbane or Adelaide are available for an additional $200 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Qantas, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, Sri Lankan Airlines or Malaysia Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 20
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – compulsory
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tipping and gratuities – recommended at $10 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages