SRI LANKA: 9 Day Private Highlights Tour for Six
Walk amongst ancient ruins and nature’s wonders.
$4,999Valued at $7,999
Immerse yourself in Sri Lanka’s rich culture as you trek through National Parks teeming with wildlife, explore bustling cities full of hidden charms and wander around ancient temples and timeless ruins on this 9 day getaway.
- 8 Nights of Charming Accommodation for Two, Four or Six Including Daily Breakfast
- Observe the World’s Largest Orphanage of Elephants Bathe and Feed, Visit the Turtle Conservation Project and Sip on the Island’s Famous Ceylon Tea
- Enjoy Sunrise Treks through Mist-Wrapped Forests of UNESCO National Parks, Be Swept Away by Spellbinding Vistas and Explore the Ruins of Ancient Civilisations
- 8 Nights of Charming Hotel Accommodation for Two, Four or Six with Daily Breakfast
- Private Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per Itinerary
- Train Ride from Kandy to Nanuoya
- Exciting Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Entrance Fees and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Horton Plains and Yala National Park Jeep Safari
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Local Government Taxes and Service Charges
- Negombo – Paradise Beach Hotel or similar
- Sigiriya – Sigiriya Village or similar
- Kandy – Ozo Kandy or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – Heaven Seven or similar
- Yala – Grand Tamarind Lake or similar
- Bentota – The Palms Beruwala or similar
- Colombo – Ozo Colombo or similar
- Available for travel between 27 August – 30 November 2019
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Get lost in ancient ruins, early morning safaris through wild grasslands and Sri Lanka’s rich culture and history on this awe-inspiring 9 day discovery.
- Explore the seaside town of Negombo with visits to the Start Fort and Dutch Canal, and marvel at the skilled stilt fishermen in Weligama.
- Visit Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist spiritual helm at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy, housing the tooth of the Buddha in a guarded golden casket.
- Climb the stone steps carved into the side of the mountain up to Dambulla Golden Cave Temple and be mesmerised by the thousand year old scriptures scribbled into ancient stones and ruins of bygone civilisations at the summit of Sigiriya (Lion Rock).
- Rise early and embark on a jeep safari through the vast expanses of Yala National Park, keeping your eyes peeled for leopards, and navigate the wild grasslands of Horton Plains National Park, home to the World’s End – a 880m plunge!
- Watch elephants bathe in the river and feed on fruits at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, and visit Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery where you might be able to meet baby turtles and see them get released back to the beach!
- Enjoy a scenic train ride to Nuwara Eliya where you can walk amongst tea fields and see how Ceylon tea leaves have been picked for generations – soothe the soul with a refreshing cup of Sri Lanka’s world-famous brew.
Ayubowan, Sri Lanka! Upon arrival in Negombo, you’ll be welcomed by a local representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
In the evening, embark on a tour of Nogombo, with possible visits to a fishing village in Weligama to see the stilt fishermen, the historic Star Fort and Dutch Canal.
Stop by the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage this morning en route to Sigiriya, where you’ll be able to witness baby elephants bathing in the river and feeding time.
Continue to the Dambulla Golden Cave Temple, the largest and best-preserved complex, where you’ll climb the stone steps carved into the side of the rock to be mesmerised by the ancient beauty of paintings, statues and frescoes at the top.
Climb the lion staircase to the summit of Rock Fortress Sigiriya. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Sigiriya offers breathtaking vistas and insight into the ruins of an ancient civilisation.
Delight the senses with Sri Lanka’s aromatic spice blends at a local spice garden in Matale, savouring the full flavours of spices, herbal brews and traditional remedies before heading off to Kandy!
On arrival in Kandy, set out on a tour of the picturesque city with visits to the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, housing the tooth of the Buddha guarded in a gold casket, and a local gem museum.
Today is yours to explore Kandy at leisure! Perhaps stroll along Bogambara Lake, take photos of the historic buildings surrounding Dalada Veediya or visit Giragama Tea Plantation.
Half Day Kandy Tour with an Expert Guide – explore the British architecture of a bygone era with visits to Queen’s Hotel, Kandy Town Hall, the Bank of Ceylon, the Church of Saint Paul’s and more (USD $30 per person).
Take a scenic train ride to Nuwara Eliya, passing sprawling mountains and lush greenery, before walking amongst tea fields to get a behind-the-scenes look at how Ceylon tea leaves are picked and produced at a local Ceylon Tea plantation – you might even get to taste a brew first hand!
Covered by wild grasslands, filigree waterfalls and undulating plateaus, take a hike through Horton Plains National Park, keeping an eye out for birds and your footing as you navigate World’s End – a terrific escarpment that suddenly plunges 880m!
Rise early and buckle up as you set out on a morning jeep safari through the wild grasslands of Leopard country in Yala National Park with a golden hour view of native birds and prowling leopards, crocodiles, deer and wild boars.
Afterwards, visit the charming town of Galle and marvel at the skilled stilt fishermen. Blessed with imposing Dutch-colonial buildings, enjoy the evening at your leisure to visit the 16th-century Dutch Galle Fort or Galle Lighthouse overlooking the alluring seaside.
Stop off at the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery en route to Colombo this morning to meet baby turtles. You may even get the opportunity to release them back to the beach!
Arriving in Colombo, enjoy a tour of the capital, including visits to Colombo Fort, Independence Square, Hindu Temple, Dutch Church and Dewatagaha Mosque to just name a few!
Enjoy a final breakfast before heading back to Negombo to catch your flight back home to Australia!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for up to 6 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 12
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tipping/Gratuities – recommended $10 per person, per day
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages