SRI LANKA: 9 Day Best of Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two - (Standard)
The country you never knew you needed to visit.
$3,998Valued at $5,220
Sri Lanka – a teardrop-shaped oasis in the Indian Ocean carpeted with tea plantations and lush jungle, over 2,000 years of multicultural history, rolling surf, wandering elephants and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation, Including Daily Breakfast
- Visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Lion Rock, the Ella Gap and Other Iconic Sri Lankan Sights!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation, Including Daily Breakfast
- All Transport as per the Itinerary
- Stunning Train Ride from Nanu Oya to Ella
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guide Throughout Your Journey
- Return Airport Transfers
3-4 Star Standard Accommodation:
- Colombo – Colombo City Hotel or similar
- Habarana – Saunter Paradise Hotel or similar
- Kandy – Kandy City Hotel or similar
- Ella – Tea Tree Resort or similar
- Induruwa – Temple Tree Resort & Spa or similar
4.5-5 Star Luxury Accommodation:
- Colombo – The Kingsbury or similar
- Sigiriya – Aliya Resort & Spa or similar
- Kandy – Mahaweli Reach or similar
- Wellawaya – Jetwing Kaduruketha or similar
- Bentota – Centara Ceysands or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 5, 16, 20 May
- 2, 11, 22* June
- 8*, 18, 21 July
1, 10,19, 22, 28 August
- 6, 17*, 22* September
- 3*, 9*, 18 October
- *A High Season surcharge of $250 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to Sri Lanka, a beautiful island country in the Indian Ocean with over 2,000 years of cultural history, rolling surf, elephants and UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Feed baby elephants and watch them play in the river at the world-famous Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, where abandoned, injured and orphaned Asian elephants are nurtured and cared for by passionate carers.
- Safari through Minneriya National Park, home to herds of Asian elephants, leopards, sambar deer, sloth bears and macaques. If you travel in the dry season, you may even witness an ’Elephant Gathering’.
- Be awestruck by breathtaking views of hills, jungles and Ceylon tea plantations from the iconic Lion Rock fortress, Ella Gap and Nine Arches Train Bridge.
- Discover the enduring culture of this magical country with tours to the Dambulla Cave Temple, the Temple of the Tooth Relic and Galle, filled with colonial architecture, royal ruins and Buddhist monasteries.
- Take a otherworldly boat trip through the Madu Ganga estuary, one of the last remaining tracts of pristine mangrove forests in Sri Lanka.
Welcome to Sri Lanka! On arrival at Bandaranaike International Airport you will be met by a friendly local representative and taken to your hotel in the bustling seaside capital of Colombo.
After breakfast this morning you will visit the famous Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, a sanctuary created to protect abandoned and orphaned elephants. While here, you’ll have the delightful chance to feed a bottle of milk to the baby elephants before watching them play in the river.
After lunch on your own, take a safari through the Minneriya National Park . Keep your cameras out and eyes peeled for elephants, sambar deer, sloth bears, purple-faced leaf monkeys, toque macaques and even rare Sri Lankan leopards. Finish today’s journey in Sigiriya, and spend the evening sorting through your camera roll!
Tuck into breakfast this morning before climbing Sigiriya Lion Rock, a World Heritage site that’s served as a monastery, fortress and palace since the 3rd century BC.
Giant lion paws carved into the rock stand guard at the entrance to the staircase, and a polished ‘mirror wall’ displays writings of ancient poets and intricately painted frescoes. Climb to the summit for a bird’s-eye picture and 360° views of this ancient complex. Enjoy lunch independently at a local restaurant, then the rest of the day is yours to do as you please.
Ascend stone steps cut into the ancient rock face at the Dambulla Cave Temple today. A sacred pilgrimage site dating back to the 2nd century BC, it was formerly inhabited by Buddhist monks and is filled with 153 carved statues of Buddha and wall-to-ceiling murals. You may even spy the Sigiriya Lion Rock from yesterday’s excursion in the distance.
Continue on to Kandy, stopping to visit a spice plantation in the Matale region, known for its vanilla, rubber, cocoa, cardamom and chillies. Upon arrival in Kandy, visit a gem museum filled with revered Kandyan jewellery – perhaps treat yourself to a precious trinket or two. Enjoy lunch on your own and and later, visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic, where Sri Lanka’s most sacred Buddhist relic, a tooth from Buddha himself, is guarded in a golden casket.
Ceylon tea is one of Sri Lanka’s most famous exports and this morning, you’ll visit a tea plantation for a first hand glimpse (and perhaps a taste) of authentic tea leaf processing.
Afterwards, board your train from Nanu Oya to Ella. The train lines to and from Ella are famous for their scenic beauty and are a tourist attraction in themselves. Have your camera out as you wind through spectacular scenes of tea plantations and jungled hillsides – you may even spot tea pickers at work!
Set off on a sightseeing tour of Ella today. Admire Sri Lanka’s widest waterfall, the Ravana Ella, cascading down a rocky cliff threaded with tropical greenery. Visit Little Adams Peak, rising among tea plantations, and be amazed at the Nine Arches Bridge – one of the most iconic sights in Ella. Colourful trains cross this bridge six times a day, making for postcard-worthy pictures. Take in the stunning views from the Ella Gap – the view framed by the towering Ella Rock, with caves nearby steeped in royal legend.
Tonight, if you need a good stretch after all your exploring, your hotel will be happy to arrange a yoga session on request.
After breakfast this morning, settle in with a good book or podcast as you make the scenic journey to Sri Lanka’s southwestern shores. In the afternoon you’ll spy the golden sands and waving palms surrounding your seaside resort, where you can relax and unwind before turning in for the night.
Visit the World Heritage trading port of Galle today. This UNESCO site is rich with Dutch, Portuguese and British colonial heritage, evident from its historic Galle Fort, dating back to the 16th century. Visit the National Maritime Archeological Museum, housed in an old Dutch warehouse within the fort, and the Galle Lighthouse.
Afterwards, take a cruise of the Madu Ganga River in Balapitiya – one of the last remaining tracts of pristine mangrove forests in Sri Lanka. Then, visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. Established to protect Sri Lanka’s turtles from extinction, visitors can see huge tanks filled with turtle hatchlings. After being fed, the baby turtles are taken to the sea and released when they are just a few days old – if you’re lucky, you may get to participate! Return to your seaside resort for the night.
After breakfast this morning, why not spend some time back in Colombo before your flight tonight? An afternoon wandering this bustling seaside capital is the perfect opportunity for some last-minute souvenir shopping, or to get your last taste of authentic Sri Lankan cuisine.
Your incredible trip is over already! What was your favourite part?
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth or Canberra: $150 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sri Lankan Airlines, Qantas, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines or Malaysia Airways, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 50
- Travelling solo? A single supplement surcharge applies to those wishing to travel alone:
- Standard package: $350
- Luxury package: $650
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Tipping (recommended at $10 per person, per day)
- Visa (if required)
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages