SRI LANKA: 8 Day Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two
Go leopard spotting in Yala National Park!
$3,998Valued at $5,998
From awe-inspiring ancient ruins to stunning feats of nature, iconic landmarks and exotic hidden wonders, scratch the surface of Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus history on this 8 enchanting day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Safari Through Leopard Country in Yala National Park on an Unforgettable Jeep Safari
- Be Mesmerised by 360° Views from Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress and the Enchanting Beauty of Ella Gap
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and 6 Delicious Lunches
- Tours, Sightseeing and Admissions as per Itinerary
- Transportation by Private Air Conditioned Vehicle as per Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Return Airport Transfers
- Tour Guide Gratuities and Tipping
- Negombo – Arie Lagoon or similar
- Sigiriya – Sungreen Resort & Spa or similar
- Kandy – Earl’s Regent Hotel or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – Jetwing St. Andrews or similar
- Kataragama – Mandara Rosen or similar
- Panadura – Jie Jie Beach by Jetwing or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
7, 21 March 11, 25 April
- 9, 23 May
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With so many UNESCO World Heritage sites packed into one country, a myriad of verdant tea plantations, rain forested peaks and legendary temples, Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus years of culture will enthral you on this incredible 8 day tour.
- Climb to the peak of Sigirya’s Lion Rock for astounding views of this lost, ancient kingdom built on a massive rocky plateau 370 metres above sea level!
- Be awestruck by Sri Lanka’s natural beauty, from the panorama at Mihintale Mountain and the summit of Ella Gap, to the cascading waters of Ravana Ella Waterfall thriving tea plantation views from Little Adam’s Peak.
- Discover Sri Lanka’s enduring culture and history with visits to the Dambulla Cave Temple, the Temple of the Tooth Relic and Galle, each boasting unique colonial architecture, royal ruins and Buddhist shrines.
- Buckle up for a wildlife jeep safari in Yala National Park. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive leopard, fuzzy sloth bear and colossal tusker – they might be just a few feet away!
Your adventure starts here! After you’ve touched down in Sri Lanka, you’ll be welcomed by your tour representative and transferred to your hotel in Negombo.
Your adventure begins with a guided tour through the hustle and bustle of Negombo. Next it’s onto Dambulla where you’ll see the iconic Golden Buddha Statue and ascend the stone steps cut into the ancient rock to see Dambulla Cave Temple, a sacred Buddhist site home to at least 153 carved statues.
Continue to Sigiriya for your overnight stay..
First on the agenda for today, you’ll enjoy a guided Habarana village experience where you’ll walk along a man-made reservoir through scrub jungle, over evergreen marshland and into the lively village.
In the early evening, you’ll climb the lion staircase up to the ancient stone fortress of Sigiriya, where a polished ‘mirror wall’ showcases ancient poems and intricately painted frescoes. Climb to the peak for a breathtaking bird’s-eye view of the 360° vistas.
Stopping in the Matale region this morning, breathe in the rich aromas of vanilla, cardamom and cinnamon with a visit to a local spice plantation en-route to Kandy.
Start your Kandy adventure with a walk through the busy city streets, passing through the infamous clocktower before strolling along the shady banks of Kandy Lake.
After check-in, you could head out into the night to admire the colonial-era and Kandyan architecture, pick up a traditional bite to eat for dinner and perhaps snag a piece of revered Kandyan jewellery!
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic this morning to see where Sri Lanka’s most sacred Buddhist relic, a tooth from Buddha himself, is guarded in a golden casket. You may even be able to witness a sacred Pooja ceremony, showered by the blessings of up to hundreds of devotees. Afterwards, learn about the 2000-plus history of Sri Lanka’s Kings and Queens at the Kandy Museum.
Continuing to Nuwara Eliya, you’ll spy Ramboda Falls, a spectacular double waterfall only 1.5km from the road. Then you’ll venture uphill through jade-green ceylon tea plantations, passing several tea estates before the roadside transforms into stalls filled with fresh fruits and vegetables.
Transferring to Yala National Park today, you’ll capture breathtaking pictures of Sri Lanka’s widest waterfall, the Ravana Ella, cascading down a rocky cliff, Little Adam’s Peak rising among tea plantations and the magnificent Nine Arches Train Bridge.
Savour the frosty mountain vistas as you drive into the heart of Bandarawela, where you’ll be able to climb to the peak for breathtaking views of Ella-Gap framed splendidly by lush forest before continuing to leopard country in Yala National Park.
Buckle up for your wildlife jeep safari this morning, driving into the heart of the park and through wide-open plains to witness the abundance of peacocks, crocodiles, wild boars and spotted deer grazing in the forest scrub.
Get your camera ready and keep your eyes peeled for the elusive leopard, fuzzy sloth bear and colossal tusker – they may be just a few feet away!
Your Sri Lanka spectacular comes to an end today, as you head back to Colombo for a city tour past Galle to visit the historic Dutch Fort and masterfully-created Galle Fort. Then it’s time to say goodbye to your travel buddies as you board your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane or Perth are available for an additional $350 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sri Lankan Airlines, China Southern Airlines, China Eastern, or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 10, maximum 40
- A single supplement of $400 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages