SRI LANKA: 7 Day Private Hill Country Tour for Six
Ancient kings, misty mountainscapes and rolling tea plantations.
$3,999Valued at $6,999
Mist-wrapped emerald peaks, rolling hillsides scattered with tea plantations, ancient temples and cascading waterfalls await you on this private expedition into Sri Lanka’s captivating Hill Country over 7 mesmerising days.
- 6 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation for Six in Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Ella and Colombo
- Snuggle Up with Baby Elephants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and Be Enraptured by the Ritualistic Drumming at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- Ride a Train Utterly Bewitched by Tea Plantation Vistas, Ascend to the Summit of Adam’s Peak and Get Lost in Ella Gap’s Mesmerising Hill Country
- 6 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation for Six with Daily Breakfast
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- English Speaking Chauffeur and Guide
- Train Ride from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- Local Government Taxes and Service Charges
- Kandy – Ozo Kandy or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – Heaven Seven or similar
- Ella Gap – Oak Ray Ell Gap Hotel or similar
- Colombo – Ozo Colombo or similar
- Available for travel between 4 September – 30 November 2019
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be enraptured by undulating plains interspersed with tea plantations and lofty peaks on this 7 day pilgrimage through Sri Lanka’s Hill Country from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya, Ella and Colombo.
- Wind through the last bastion of the Sinhala Kings in Kandy, perfectly placed around a man-made lake in Sri Lanka’s scenic mountainscape.
- Get up close and personal with adorable baby elephants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage where you could get to nurse a baby elephant and watch it bathe in the river.
- Witness the ritualistic drumming at the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, housing the tooth of the Buddha guarded in a gold casket, and wind through the stunning Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, once reserved exclusively for Kandyan royalty.
- Be bewitched by astonishing mountainscapes as you ride to Nuwara Eliya, a resort capital hidden away in the central mountains – one of Sri Lanka’s most beautiful train rides!
- Glide past rolling green hills and through pristine tea plantation as you climb up countless steps to the summit of Little Adam’s Peak for misty hill panoramas.
- Enjoy a full day in Ella to see the cascades of Ravana Ella crash down the mountainside, walk across the train tracks of Demodara Nine Arch Bridge or ascend to Ravana Cave at your leisure.
Touching down in breathtaking Sri Lanka, wind through the last bastion of the Sinhala Kings as you head towards Kandy, set around a luminous man-made lake in Sri Lanka’s scenic Hill Country.
En route, get up close and personal with adorable baby elephants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage where you could get to nurse a baby elephant and watch it bathe in the river.
Witness the ritualistic drumming at the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic this morning, housing the tooth of the Buddha guarded in a gold casket, followed by a visit to a local gem museum and lapidary to see how they’re smoothed.
After, depending on time, wind through the stunning Peradeniya Botanic Gardens, once reserved exclusively for Kandyan royalty, the grounds house 60 hectares of orchids, stately palms, extraordinary Burma bamboo and umbrella-like canopies of botanic splendour.
Go deeper into Sri Lanka’s mesmerising Hill Country this morning as you embark on a train journey to Nuwara Eliya, a resort capital hidden away in the central mountains and once a summer retreat for 19th-century British planets.
Lying in the heart of ‘tea country’, this quaint English-style town is a great base for exploration in the hills.
Fall in love with Ella over the next two days, as you embark on a nature hike to Little Adam’s Peak, overlooking rolling green hills and pristine tea plantations, before enjoying the misty hill panoramas with a soothing cup of Celyon or coffee at 98 Acres Resort.
Today is yours to explore at your leisure. You could see cascades of Ravana Ella crash down the sheer cliffs of the mountainside, walk across the train tracks of Demodara Nine Arch Bridge cloaked in pine and lush tea fields, or ascend to Ravana Cave and Temple.
Head north today into the cosmopolitan buzz of Colombo’s stylish eateries, galleries and shops only moments from sprawling beachfront, before embarking on a city tour.
Your mesmerising Hill Country escapade comes to an end today as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 6 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 6
- Extra guests can be accommodated for an additional cost. Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tipping/Gratuities – recommended at $10 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages