SRI LANKA: 16 Day Amazing Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two (Standard)
The undiscovered country you need to see.
$5,998Valued at $7,120
Uncover iconic landmarks, hidden wonders and be swept away by the enchanting island of Sri Lanka on an exotic, cultural journey. From awe-inspiring ancient ruins to stunning feats of nature, this is the country you never knew you needed to see.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 14 Nights of Your Choice of Hotel Accommodation, Including Sumptuous Daily Breakfast
- Discover Ancient Anuradhapura, Be Mesmerised by 360° Views from Sigiriya Lion Rock Fortress and Be Enchanted By Ella Gap’s Iconic Beauty
- Return International Flights for Two
- 14 Nights of Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicles
- Thrilling Jeep Safari Through Wilpattu National Park
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per Itinerary
- Local English Speaking Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Return Airport Transfers
- Negombo – Beacon Beach Hotel or similar
- Anuradhapura – Rajarata Hotel or similar
- Jaffna – Valampuri Hotel or similar
- Polonnaruwa/Sigiriya – Oak Ray Elephant Lake Hotel or similar
- Kandy – Hotel Lagone or similar
- Ella/Wellawaya – Ella Mount Heaven Hotel or similar
- Bentota – Temple Tree Resort & Spa or similar
- Negombo – Jetwing Blue Hotel or similar
- Anuradhapura – Forest Rock Garden Hotel or similar
- Jaffna – Jetwing Jaffna Hotel or similar
- Polonnaruwa/Sigiriya – The Deer Park Hotel or similar
- Kandy – Randholee Resort & Spa or similar
- Ella/Wellawaya – Jetwing Kaduruketha or similar
- Bentota – Centara Ceysands or similar
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred accommodation option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 28** January
- 8*, 15, 23 February
- 3*,10*, 22* March
- 2*, 16*, 25* April
- 5, 16, 20 May
- 2, 11, 22** June
- 8**, 18*, 21 July
- 19, 22, 28 August
- 6, 17*, 22** September
- 3**, 9*, 18 October
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- With so many UNESCO World Heritage sites packed into one country, a myriad of verdant tea plantations, rainforested peaks and legendary temples, Sri Lanka’s 2000-plus years of culture will enthrall you over the next 16 days.
- Uncover one of the greatest cities of the ancient world, Anuradhapura, and admire the three main dagobas, second in size only to the Pyramids of Giza.
- Safari through Wilpattu National Park’s exotic wilderness on a thrilling jeep exploration, perhaps spying an elusive leopard or elephants, sloth bears and spotted deer!
- Island hop from Jaffna to Nagadeepa Island to visit one of Sri Lanka’s holiest Buddhist shrines, and admire the impressive sprawl of ancient ruins and diverse flora in Neduntheevu on Delft Island.
- Climb to the peak of Sigirya’s Lion Rock for astounding views of this lost, ancient kingdom built on a massive rocky plateau 370 metres above sea level!
- Be awestruck by Sri Lanka’s natural beauty, from the panorama at Mihintale Mountain and Ella Gap’s summit, the cascading waters of Ravana Ella Waterfall and views of thriving tea plantations from Little Adam’s Peak.
- Discover Sri Lanka’s enduring culture and history with visits to the Dambulla Cave Temple, the Temple of the Tooth Relic and Galle, filled with colonial architecture, royal ruins and Buddhist shrines.
- Take an otherworldly cruise through the Madu Ganga estuary, one of the last remaining tracts of pristine mangrove forests in Sri Lanka, before visiting a local turtle hatchery.
Pack your bags for Sri Lanka and board your international flight bound for Negombo, stopping in Colombo enroute.
After you’ve landed, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for check-in. Depending on what time you get in, you may have time to watch the sunset over Negombo’s palm-tree lined beach and cheers to your well-deserved holiday in one of the hotel bars looking over the water.
Reigning supreme for over a millennia as one of the greatest monastic cities of the ancient world, Anuradhapura’s garden of dagobas (brick stupas) is one of South Asia’s most evocative sights.
The three main dagobas are among the biggest architectural wonders in the ancient world, second only to the Pyramids of Giza, while the sprawling complex is an archeological open-air museum of palaces, gardens, brilliant sculptures and Buddhist temples, all just waiting to be discovered.
Venture off the beaten path today as you safari through Wilpattu National Park’s exotic wilderness on a thrilling jeep exploration. Enjoy a specially prepared breakfast, and keep your cameras ready for possible sightings of the elusive leopard and big game such as elephants, sloth bears, water buffalos, and spotted deer.
In the afternoon, make the pilgrimage to the peak of Mihintale Mountain, climbing the jagged steps carved into the mountainside to the sacred site where Buddhism was introduced to Sri Lanka.
After breakfast at the hotel, you’ll skirt the Indian Ocean on your way to Jaffna, a city of enigmatic colonial history and Hindu masterpieces, where hints of pre-war grandeur can be found in clusters like the ruins of Old Kacheri.
After lunch at a local restaurant on your own, why not venture out to see this beautiful example of Neo-Renaissance architecture and moss-covered Roman arches on your own. Or, take the time to stroll through Jaffna’s causeway and shopping market. If you happen to buy too much, just take a rickshaw back to your hotel.
Board a ferry to Nagadeepa Island this morning to visit one of Sri Lanka’s holiest Buddhist shrines, Nagadeepa Temple. According to legend, Buddha came to the island to prevent war between a king and his nephew over a gem-studded throne. His answer? Give it to the temple instead.
While the original temple and throne were lost long ago, there now sits a luminous silver-painted dagoba, behind which three happy-looking Buddhas sit in a domed temple. Returning to the mainland, enjoy a guided tour of the Jaffna Public Library, Duraiappa Stadium, Jaffna Market and the pristine, Clock Tower.
Magnificent ruins and azure shore await today as you leave Jaffna for Neduntheevu on Delft Island via ferry. On arrival, admire the diverse flora, including a rare, ancient baobab tree and see the impressive sprawl of ancient ruins, including the Dutch Colonial Fort made from limestone and coral.
You’ll then venture out to Kankesanthurai to see the immense Bakawarai Bottomless Well and Naguleswaram Temple, dip your toes in the steaming waters of Keerimalai Hot Springs and visit the ancient port of Dambakola Patuna.
Carved from bedrock, the immense city of Sigiriya rises dramatically from the ground in a collection of near-vertical walls that hide the ruins of an ancient civilisation at its very peak. Stopping enroute for lunch on your own, you’ll have the afternoon and evening free to explore at your leisure.
Tuck into breakfast this morning before climbing Sigiriya Lion Rock. At the peak, giant lion paws carved into the rock will greet you at the staircase entrance, while a highly polished ‘mirror wall’ displays writings of ancient poets and intricately painted frescoes await you inside. Climb to the very top for a bird’s-eye view of this ancient complex and marvel at the astounding 360° views.
Continuing to Hiriwadunna, ride a bullock cart on unpaved trails and enjoy a nature trek through scrub jungle, before passing under low hanging branches in a traditional oruwa down a local stream. Learn to harvest crops with a farmer and savour authentic village cuisine cooked in clay pots over an open hearth.
Afterwards, enjoy a guided bike tour of Polonnaruwa’s medieval city, cycling through the main entrance, past what was once the grand palace of King Parakramabahu and weaving in and out of brilliant, ancient ruins of Sri Lanka’s lost second capital.
Ascend stone steps cut into the ancient rock face at the Dambulla Cave Temple today. A sacred pilgrimage site dating back to the 2nd century BC, this glorious site is home to 153 carved statues of Buddha and wall-to-ceiling murals.
Continuing to Kandy, stop via a spice plantation in the Matale region, capping off your visit with a head massage. Enjoy lunch on your own in a local restaurant and later, visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic, where Sri Lanka’s most sacred Buddhist relic, a tooth from Buddha himself, is guarded in a golden casket.
Get a first hand glimpse (and perhaps a taste) of Sri Lanka’s most famous export this morning with a visit to a local tea plantation. Afterwards, board a train from Nanu Oya to Ella. A spectacle in itself, this gorgeous rail journey takes you through spectacular tea plantations and jungled hillsides – keep your camera handy!
After check in at your hotel, the remainder of the day is yours to explore at your leisure.
Sip a reviving cuppa at breakfast this morning before setting off on an Ella sightseeing tour, where you’ll get to admire Sri Lanka’s widest waterfall, the Ravana Ella, cascading down a rocky cliff, Little Adam’s Peak rising among thriving tea plantations and the magnificent Nine Arches Train Bridge. Then, take in the stunning panorama from Ella Gap; soaking in the sloping mountain ranges as far as the eye can see.
Leaving this gorgeous city behind, settle in with a good book or podcast as you make the scenic journey to Sri Lanka’s southwestern shores. In the afternoon you’ll spy the golden sands and waving palms surrounding your seaside resort, where you can relax and unwind before turning in for the night.
Blessed with imposing Dutch-colonial buildings, Galle is a delight to explore on foot, with such treasures as the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Old Trading Port, the 16th-century Dutch Galle Fort, National Maritime Archeological Museum housed in an old Dutch warehouse within the fort, and Galle Lighthouse. Enjoy a guided tour of these grand sites, before returning to Bentota for the evening.
Arriving in Balapitiya this morning, venture into the heart of Madu Ganga River on a serene river cruise to see the plethora of pristine mangrove islets, before visiting a nearby turtle hatchery.
Created to protect Sri Lanka’s turtles from extinction, the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery will garner automatic ‘awww’ as you spy tanks filled with tiny, turtle hatchlings. After these little guys are fed, you might even be able to help release one back into the sea!
Savour your final breakfast in Sri Lanka this morning before transferring to the airport of your flight to Colombo. On arrival, enjoy an included city tour, with just enough time to shop for some last minute gifts. Then it’s home time, have a safe trip!
Your incredible trip is over already! What was your favourite part?
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra or Perth are available for an additional $200 per person
- Flights are economy class with Sri Lankan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific or Qantas, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 50
- A single supplement applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Standard Hotels: $650
- Deluxe Hotels: $925
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed under the Inclusions
- Tipping – recommended at approx. AUD $10 per person, per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
International Flights Included
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages