SRI LANKA: 12 Day Scenic Sri Lanka Tour Including Flights for Two (Standard Package)
A stunning blend of hills, wildlife and beaches.
Experience Sri Lanka in all its glory on this incredible 12 day tour, taking you through buzzing city centres, ancient marvels steeped in thousand year old heritage, elephant orphanages, wildlife safaris and stunning white sandy beaches.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Gorgeous Accommodation for Two
- Sip on Sri Lanka’s Famous Ceylon Tea at a Plantation, Go Leopard Spotting on a Jeep Safari and Get Lost in the Hilly Landscapes of Nuwara Eliya
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Stunning Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and 1 Delicious Lunch
- Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicles
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Local English Speaking Guides
Whether you’re on a budget or love a little extra luxury, choose from two accommodation options to experience Sri Lanka the way that suits you best.
- Colombo – Colombo City Hotel or similar
- Polonnaruwa – The Lake Hotel or similar
- Kandy – Hotel Lagone or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – Ashley Resort or similar
- Yala – Oak Ray Lake Resort or similar
- Bentota/Beruwala – The Palms Hotel or similar
- Colombo – Marino Beach Hotel or similar
- Polonnaruwa – The Deer Park Hotel or similar
- Kandy – Randholee Resort & Spa or similar
- Nuwara Eliya – St. Andrews Hotel or similar
- Yala – EKHO Safari Hotel or similar
- Bentota/Beruwala – Centara Ceysands or similar
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred accommodation option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 2*, 10**, 21** April
- 5, 16, 20 May
- 2**, 11*, 19** June
- 8**, 18, 21 July
- 19, 22, 28 August
- 6, 17, 22 September
- 3, 9, 18 October
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Scratch the surface of Sri Lanka’s diverse beauty on this spellbinding 12 day tour, jam-packed with tropical wonders, stunning wildlife, hillside views and pristine white sandy beaches.
- Get up close and personal with adorable baby elephants at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage where you’ll get to nurse a baby elephant with a milk bottle and watch it bathe in the river.
- Climb the lion staircase to the peak of Sigiriya (Lion Rock) where thousand year old scriptures scribbled on ancient stones and breathtaking 360° views of lush landscaped gardens await at the summit.
- Visit Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist spiritual helm at the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy, housing the tooth of the Buddha in a guarded golden casket.
- Play eye-spy with Sri Lanka’s stunning wildlife on a jeep safari in Yala where you can feast your eyes on leopards, elephants, buffalo and more!
- Recharge and rejuvenate from your Sri Lankan adventure with a two night stay in the beachy playgrounds of Bentota and Beruwala, letting the palm trees, ocean breezes and tranquil jungle sounds sway you into relaxation.
Pack your bags for an action-packed adventure as your board your international flight to Colombo. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Head for Polonnaruwa this morning, visiting the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage en-route where you’ll be able to feed baby elephants breakfast before witnessing them bathe in the river. Continue onto Hiriwadunna where you’ll learn about local village life and feast on an authentic lunch.
Take a ride in a bullock cart through a scrub jungle, and wade through a local stream before crossing the lake in a traditional Sri Lankan oruwa. Cap it off with a farm visit to learn about crop harvesting and taste authentic village cuisine prepared by the farmer’s family, savouring freshly pickled products and local herbs cooked over a claypot.
- Evening Safari – see the Minneriya National Park come alive by night, where you’ll get the chance to see up to 300 different species of Asian elephants, monkeys and birds (AUD $60 per person).
Climb the lion staircase up the ancient stone fortress of Sigiriya (Lion Rock) this morning, where a polished ‘mirror wall’ inscribed with ancient poems and stunning mountain views await at the top.
Enjoy a local lunch (own expense) before an afternoon of sightseeing in Polonnaruwa. Once the royal capital with a rich heritage spanning over 1,000 years, there’s plenty of ancient ruins and sights to see, starting with the King Parakramabahu Palace.
Proceed to Kandy after breakfast, stopping at the Dambulla Rock Cave Temple en-route. Standing over 100m high, you’ll enter the cave by following the stone steps carved into the side of the rock, stopping to admire the breathtaking surrounding views on the trail.
Head for a Spice Garden in Matale afterwards, where you can unwind with a head massage and shop for Sri Lanka’s aromatic spice blends. In the evening, visit the golden-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, housing the tooth of the Buddha guarded in a gold casket.
Visit the Silk Factory and Gem Museum in Kandy this afternoon, famous for its precious gems including the world renowned Ceylon Blue Sapphire. Eat lunch locally (own expense) before enjoying an evening of guided sightseeing around the city.
Head for Nuwara Eliya this morning, visiting a Tea Factory Plantation where you’ll learn about the production of Ceylon Tea along the way. Hidden away in the central mountains and once a summer retreat for 19th century British planters, Nuwara Eliya is the resort capital of the hills. Lying in the heart of ‘tea country’, this quaint English-style town is a great base for exploration in the hills. Spend the evening walking around Gregory Lake at your leisure.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before traveling to Yala, stopping off at the Ravana Waterfalls in Ella en-route. Eat lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before checking in to your hotel and spending the afternoon exploring at your leisure.
Explore Yala National Park via a jeep today, home to an abundance of wildlife and stunning natural scenery, including leopards, sloth bears, herds of elephants, buffalos, sambar, spotted deer and crocodiles.
Leave the jungle behind as you head for the beach today. En-route, visit the Dutch Fort of Galle, the National Maritime Archeological Museum and the Galle Lighthouse.
Spend the day relaxing and unwinding on the beach at your leisure, perhaps partaking in a thrilling Banana Boat or jet ski ride!
Kickstart your morning with a Balapitiya river cruise, gliding past untouched tropical islands abundant with mangroves. Stop off at the Kosgoda turtle hatchery where you’ll be able to meet baby turtles and even get the opportunity to release them back to the beach!
Soak up some last minute tropical rays and breezes before you transfer to Colombo for your late night flight home. Feel free to spend the day at your leisure in Colombo, perhaps doing some last minute shopping and sightseeing.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth or Canberra are available for an additional $200 per person
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airways or Sri Lankan Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 50
- Travelling solo? A single supplement surcharge of $450 for Standard Packages, or $800 for Deluxe Packages applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed under the Itinerary
- Tipping, recommended at approximately $10 per person, per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages