SOUTH AFRICA & EGYPT: 30 Day Tour Including Flights For Two
African wildlife meets ancient pyramids.
$15,998Valued at $22,998
Take an exotic adventure of epic proportions to the plains of Africa and the Pyramids of Egypt, witnessing some of the world’s most majestic wonders, cities and landscapes on this incredible 30 day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 24 Nights of Accommodation for Two with Many Delicious Meals, Plus an All Inclusive 5 Star Nile Cruise
- Unwind in Coastal Havens Along the African Peninsula, Marvel at Egypt’s Fabled Pyramids and Spot Rhinos, Elephants and More on a Kruger National Park Safari
- All Internal and Return International Flights for Two
- 24 Nights of Accommodation Plus 3 Nights Aboard a 5 Star Nile Cruise Ship
- 25 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches and 19 Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation in an Air Conditioned Coach as per the Itinerary
- Game Drives with Experienced Guides in South Africa
- Airport Transfers in Egypt
- English Speaking Tour Guides and a Local Egyptologist Guide to Guide You Through Egypt
- Admissions and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Johannesburg – Drifters Greenfire Lodge or similar
- Greater Kruger National Park – Greenfire Bush Lodge or similar
- Hazyview – Greenfire Lodge Hazyview or similar
- Swaziland – Foresters Arms or similar
- Zululand – Whie Elephant Bush Camp or similar
- Drakensberg – Greenfire Drakensberg Lodge or similar
- Dolphin Coast – Greenfire Dolphin Coast Lodge or similar
- Wild Coast – Greenfire Wild Coast Lodge or similar
- Frontier Country – Mountain View Manor or similar
- Storms River – Storms River Village Lodge or similar
- Knysna – Wayside Inn or similar
- Cape Town – Greenfire Cape Town Lodge or similar
- Cairo – Oasis Hotel or similar
- Nile Cruise – Odyssey Nile Cruise or similar
- Hurghada – Grand Seas Resort or similar
Set sail along the Nile aboard the 5 Star MS Nile Odyssey, watching the banks of the river float by atop the sundeck swimming pool. Get amongst nightly entertainment onboard with belly dancing, bingo nights and cocktail parties! Bedazzle your wardrobe with jewels from the jewellery shop and shop for loved ones at the gift store.
- Available for travel on one of the following dates:
- 12, 19, 26 May
- 2, 9 June
- 28 July
- 4, 11, 18
- 1, 8 September
- 13, 20, 27 October
- 3, 10, 17, 24 November
- 2, 9, 16, 23 February
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 March
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Cross Africa from South to North on this mind blowing 30 day tour through South Africa and Egypt, traversing through stunning game reserves, picturesque coastal towns, ancient tombs and millennial old pyramids
- Spy your share of majestic wildlife in Kruger National Park. From the likes of elephants, lions, leopards, rhino, buffalo and giraffes, be awestruck by stunning wildlife that looks its been lifted straight from the pages of National Geographic!
- Travel through old African Kingdoms in Swazi and Zululand, passing through historic battlegrounds, sugarcane fields, stunning mountain ranges and breathtaking game reserves with your chance to spot black and white rhinos.
- Marvel at the panorama from the summit of Table Mountain and watch awe-inspiring scenery unfold before you on a day tour of Cape Town, exploring unspoilt beaches, world-class wineries and the buzzing restaurants, bars and cafes on the Waterfront.
- Cross the continent to Cairo where you’ll uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza and awe-inspiring Sphinx with a real Egyptologist.
- Glide along the serene banks of the Nile River on a 5 Star Nile Cruise, witnessing the legacy of the great pharaohs at the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, the temple of Queen Hatshepsut and the great Colossi of Memnon over three glorious days.
Pack your bags for an adventure of a lifetime as you board your international flight to Johannesburg.
Touch down in Johannesburg! Take a taxi from the airport to your accommodation for check-in, where the rest of the day is yours to explore at your leisure.
- Soweto tour – travel to one of the world’s most famous townships, home to millions and a monument to the Apartheid (from R590 per person).
- Johannesburg city tour – visit the iconic landmarks and neighbourhoods of the city (from R590 per person).
Drive past stunning mountain vistas, lush green valleys and arid bush this morning as you wind along the scenic route to Mpumalanga. Stop in the historic township of Dullstroom for lunch, before winding down the Drakensberg escarpment into the untamed Lowveld.
Arrive in the Kruger National Park greater area, where Africa’s wildlife roam freely. Enjoy dinner tonight cooked over a traditional open fire.
Start your morning with a light breakfast before embarking on a guided game walk to witness the Big 5 in action; lions, elephants, buffalos, leopards and rhinos. Return back to the lodge for a sumptuous brunch, basking in the serenity of the wilderness.
Spend your afternoon on an open vehicle game drive, searching for Africa’s majestic wildlife. Enjoy a ‘sundowner’ drink as the sun sets over the bushveld before continuing your game drive into the night. Savour a hearty bush braai cooked over an open fire for dinner.
Watch the sunrise over mountainous vistas and red stone facades along the Panorama Route, en route to Hazyview.
Admire how the Blyde River Canyon carves its way through expansive red sandstone, before continuing to God’s Window for breathtaking vistas of the Drakensberg Escarpment and Bourke’s Luck Potholes’ collection of waterfalls and distinctive rock formations.
Time permitting this evening, you’ll be able to enjoy a nature walk in the surrounding forest before dinner.
More magnificent game viewing is on the agenda for today, as you rise early to tackle another section of Kruger National Park’s rugged plains in search of the African Big Five.
Enjoy a scenic drive south this morning as you cross the border into the Kingdom of the Swazi, driving through spectacular scenery and vast homesteads enveloped by sugarcane fields. Stop at Sibebe rock, a 350m high granite mountain that stands over the Mbuluzi Valley. After spending some time at the foot of the mountain, head for the capital of Mbabane for the night.
Follow winding roads through Swaziland and cross back over to South Africa, arriving in Zululand, abundant with lush reserves that offer protection to a wide variety of indigenous animals, like the Black and White Rhino. Admire the stunning flora, fauna and wildlife of the Zulu Kingdom this afternoon with a game experience.
Travel inland today to Drakensberg, passing through a tranquil region lined with undulating hills, once the battleground for historic wars fought between the Zulu, the Boers and the British. Stop off at one of these battlefields where you’ll get the chance to learn about South Africa’s fascinating history.
Reach the majestic Drakensberg mountain range and Vulture Colony this afternoon, driving up the mountain tracks in a 4×4 to the lodge where you’ll spend two evenings. Spend the rest of your time in Drakensberg at your leisure, perhaps hiking, walking or perusing the San Rock Art Gallery.
Head for the Indian Ocean towards the Dolphin Coast, travelling through the rolling hills and spectacular beauty of the Natal Midlands en route. Continue onto the Mandela Capture site, the site of arrest for the iconic leader, now a cultural and historic exhibition site.
Spend the next two days relaxing at the Dolphin Coast, maybe unwinding beachside or wandering the streets of this gorgeous coastal town.
Pass through the outskirts of Durban this morning and follow the peninsula to the breathtaking Wild Coast, abundant with unspoiled beaches, natural estuaries, rolling grassland and a tapestry of traditional Xhosa villages.
Spend a full day hiking along the stretched coastline with a guide, with the option to melt away on a secluded beach or swim in a nearby waterfall.
Leave the lush coastal forest behind as you head for Frontier Country, a region settled by 1820s European immigrants and the battleground for many frontier wars. Wind your way through scattered hills and deep valleys dotted with distant glimpses of the ocean.
Enter the renowned Garden Route today, stopping off at the Tsitsikamma Coastal National Park for a hike, trailing along rugged coast line and suspension bridges overlooking the Storm River. Spend the evening in Storms River before heading for Knysna for your second night in the region.
Leave Knysna behind this morning and travel through the Garden Route’s Lake District and along the Whale Route to reach Cape Town in the afternoon. One of the most beautiful cities in the world, there’s plenty to explore with a plethora of stunning beaches, buzzing restaurants and nature.
Over two days you’ll get the chance to visit Cape Point, Hout Bay, the Waterfront, beaches, wineries and even get the opportunity to hike Table Mountain.
Your South African adventure ends today as you continue onto your next leg via an overnight flight to Cairo.
Welcome to Egypt! Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Travel to the outskirts of Cairo to visit the sunkissed Sphinx, the Pyramid of Khafre, the Pyramid of Menkaure and the iconic Great Pyramid of Giza. Head to Sakkara to admire the unique step pyramid of Zoser, the first ever pyramid known to mankind and constructed with six tombs built on top of each other.
- Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx (EGP 160 per person).
- Sakkara Pyramid (EGP 150 per person).
Transfer to the airport early this morning to board your internal flight to Aswan. Upon arrival, transfer to your 5 Star Nile cruise ship. Float by the High Dam of Aswan before taking a short boat ride to Agilkia Island to explore the Temple of Isis at Philae, dedicated to one of the oldest ancient goddesses in Egypt.
- The High Dam of Aswan (EGP 50)
- Philae Temple (EGP 150)
Visit Abu Simbel this morning on an optional activity, two massive temples carved out of the mountainside, before continuing onto the Kom-Ombo, a unique ‘double’ temple dedicated to the Crocodile and Falcon gods. This ancient marvel remained hidden until it was re-discovered in 1798, making it one of Egypt’s most well preserved temples. Hop back onto the ship and continue onto Luxor for the evening.
- Abu Simbel – often referred to as the Temples of Ramses II, see these iconic temples set on the banks of Lake Nasser (EGP 2400).
- Kom-Ombo (EGP 100).
After breakfast, stop in Luxor to tour the stunning East Bank, weaving through the breathtaking ancient temple complex of Karnak and Luxor. Enjoy your last afternoon onboard, soaking up the Egyptian sun or relaxing with a great book.
- Karnak Temple (EGP 150)
- Luxor Temple (EGP 140)
After breakfast, disembark the cruise and tour around the archeological paradise of the West Bank of Luxor, starting your tour with a visit to the Valley of the Kings, the discovery site of the tomb of Tutankhamun. Continue onwards to the Temple of Hatshepsut, topping your tour off with the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon, the last remains of the temple of Amenophis III.
Later, board your coach to Hurghada and spend the night at your resort just a stone’s throw away from the Red Sea
- Valley of the Kings (EGP 225)
- Hatshepsut Temple (EGP 100)
Unwind along the coastal haven of the Red Sea today. The day is yours to spend at your leisure, perhaps snorkelling and scuba diving, or just lazing away on a recliner with a cocktail in hand!
Transfer this morning from Hurghada to Cairo, where you can spend the rest of your last day with some last minute sights, shopping and tastes.
Say goodbye to your travel buddies this morning as you board your international flight back to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Group size: minimum 2, maximum 17
- Luggage should be limited to a maximum of 15kg per person
- There is no single supplement for this tour however those wishing to travel alone will share a room with a fellow solo traveller of the same sex, subject to availability
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights from Hobart and Canberra are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad, Cathay Pacific or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Inclusions
- Optional activities
- Tipping and gratuities
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages