SOUTH AFRICA: 22 Day Cruise & Safari Package Including Flights for Two (Oceanview Cabin)
Uncover Africa’s buzzing cities and exotic wildlife.
Cruise the awe-inspiring coastal cities of South Africa, Namibia and Mozambique before venturing inland, where an abundance of stunning wildlife are waiting to be discovered.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Cruise the Pristine Coasts of Namibia, South Africa and Mozambique with 14 Nights Onboard the MSC Musica
- Get up Close to Majestic Wildlife, Including the Famous ‘Big 5’, on Safari Through the South African Wilderness
- Return International Flights for Two
- Internal Flight from Durban to Johannesburg
- 8 Nights of Hotel and Lodge Accommodation for Two
- 13 Night Southern Africa Cruise Onboard the MSC Musica
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- All Sightseeing, Entrance Fees and Game Drives as per the Itinerary
- English-Speaking Tour Manager
- Cape Town – Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel or similar
- South Africa Cruise – MSC Musica
- Durban – Garden Court South Beach Hotel
- Johannesburg – Greenfire Lodge Johannesburg or similar
- Hazyview – Greenfire Lodge Hazyview or similar
Set sail across the Mediterranean and Adriatic seas onboard the luxury MSC Musica. Spend your days basking beneath the golden sun by the top-deck pools, indulge in Italian gourmet specialties at Il Giardino or delve into night-time entertainment at the Teatro La Scala show lounge and dance the night away in the Crystal Lounge nightclub.
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred cabin option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
Fitted with a private en suite bathroom, flat screen TV, a desk and seating area and air conditioning, these cosy sanctuaries are the perfect place to relax and refresh when you’re not having fun above deck. Choose from either a double or two single beds with luxury linens and a telephone where you can easily reach the helpful staff should you desire anything.
Ocean View Cabin:
As well as all the fantastic facilities of the Inside Cabin, Ocean View Cabins come with the added benefit of a window or porthole overlooking the ocean – so you can bask in natural light and watch the calming waves from the comfort of your room.
A must-have for those seeking something special! Open your doors to sweeping sea views, drink your morning coffee out on your very own private balcony and after a day out exploring, sink into soothing hot waters of the bathtub for an extra luxurious experience.
- Available for departure on the following date in 2021:
- 24 January
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Discover the abundance of majestic wildlife sprawled across the South African wilderness and immerse yourself in the beauty of Namibia and Mozambique on this wild 23 day cruise and safari.
- Get up close and personal with Africa’s famous ‘Big 5’ on two thrilling safaris into the wild, spotting stunning wildlife in the day and nocturnal creatures at night.
- Cruise the breathtaking South African coast onboard the MSC Musica, relishing in the unique sights, cultures and cuisines of Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and Durban.
- Feast your eyes on the scenic Panorama Route, gazing out at the unrivaled beauty of the Blyde River Canyon, otherworldly Bourke’s Luck Potholes and magnificent God’s Window.
- Uncover the wonders of Namibia, admiring the surreal German art nouveau architecture at Luderitz and the abundance of bird life that call Walvis Bay home.
- Bask in the warm sun and spread out on the golden sands of Portugese Island with two days to unwind on a tranquil island paradise.
Welcome to Cape Town! Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours to unwind in your hotel or discover the harmony of cultures, cuisines and astounding landscapes by exploring the streets.
Please Note: Some flights may depart the day before and fly overnight.
Please Note: The day by day descriptions published are intended as a rough guideline only. Adventure travel by nature is unpredictable, weather patterns, game migrations, road conditions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that ultimately are for the client’s benefit. It is essential that clients are flexible and open minded in this regard.
Squeeze in some last minute sightseeing in Cape Town before embarking on your MSC Musica cruise.
This first day at sea is yours to get acquainted with all of the onboard entertainment, perhaps strolling the sunkissed top deck, relaxing on a sun lounger by the La Spiaggia pool area or dipping into the whirlpool bath.
The first destination of your South Africa cruise is pristine Walvis Bay. Home to an abundance of bird life, including flamingos, pelicans and Damara terns, you could spot them with a visit to Flamingo Lagoon or perhaps delve into the town’s maritime background at Walvis Bay Museum instead.
Sandwiched between the Namib Desert and South Atlantic coast, Luderitz will leave you speechless with its surreal German art nouveau architecture. Embrace the opportunity to gaze up at the colonial Goerke Haus, wander the tranquil Luderitz Bay or admire the unique Felsenkirche, a chapel built into a cliff.
You could spend the day working up a sweat at the on-site fitness centre or rejuvenate the mind, body and soul with a soothing massage treatment at MSC Aurea Spa.
Get ready to admire the wonders of Cape Town and the surrounding landscapes at your leisure, perhaps roaming the collection of valleys, beaches and mountain peaks at Table Mountain National Park or greeting rafts of African Penguins at Boulders Beach.
With another full day at sea, why not try your luck at the onboard Sanremo Casino or dance the night away to all the latest hits at Q32 Disco?
Cruising just off the South African coast, you will be able to marvel at unspoilt beaches and soaring cliff faces from the comfort of your MSC Musica cruise.
Another day at sea means you may indulge in Italian gourmet specialties at Il Giardino or immerse yourself in the pinnacle of onboard entertainment, witnessing a spellbinding show at the Teatro La Scala.
A hotspot for surfing, water sports and wildlife reserves, Port Elizabeth is teeming with new opportunities on every corner. Opt for some dolphin and whale watching off Algoa Bay, surf towering waves off King’s Beach or get up close to local wildlife at Kragga Kamma Game Park.
You could spend the day tasting a selection of tropical cocktails from one of the many onboard bars such as the Diamond Bar or ease into a comfortable seat at the Crystal Lounge while sipping a delicious glass of wine.
Welcome to Durban, a hub of cosmopolitan and multicultural activity that was refurbished for soccer’s 2010 World Cup. You could opt to browse the exotic plants of Durban Botanic Gardens, marvel at the futuristic architecture of Moses Mabhida Stadium or recline on the soft sands of Golden Mile Beach.
The next two days are yours to relax and unwind on the pristine beaches of Portugese Island, soaking up the warm sun and soothing atmosphere. A small and quiet paradise, you could explore the surrounding coral reefs, spot over 300 species of bird or dip into turquoise ocean waters at Piall Beach.
Disembark your MSC Musica cruise in Durban and unwind in your hotel, preparing for the safari portion of your trip tomorrow.
Board your internal flight from Durban to Johannesburg. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check-in where you can unwind from your travels.
Embrace South Africa’s scenic beauty as you journey towards the lush province of Mpumalanga, stopping in Dullstroom for lunch (own expense) and passing the vibrant acacia trees and broad valleys of Lowveld before arriving at your Greenfire Bush Lodge outside Kruger National Park.
Roam the expanse of the South African wilderness on foot this morning with a guided game walk, trying to catch a glimpse of Africa’s majestic ‘Big 5’ with the aid of an expert drifter or tracker before enjoying a sumptuous brunch back at the lodge.
Venture back out into the wilderness this afternoon, searching for any of the ‘Big 5’ you may have missed earlier. Once the sun goes down, continue the game drive for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to glimpse the local nocturnal wildlife.
This evening, delight the tastebuds with a hearty bush ‘braai’ cooked over an open fire.
Rise with the African sun and set off along the Panorama Route, stopping at the cavernous Blyde River Canyon, otherworldly Bourke’s Luck Potholes and remarkable God’s Window, a soaring viewpoint offering unrivaled views of the valleys below.
Rest in the cosy town of Graskop before arriving at today’s destination, Greenfire Lodge Hazyview, a log cabin built on the banks of the Sable River. If time permits, embrace the forest scenery with a nature walk around the property.
Prepare for the “wild” day ahead with a full to explore Kruger National Park. Keep an eye out for cheetahs, leopards, elephants, lions, rhinos and buffalos sprawled over the park’s 20000km2 area and enjoy regular rests at rest camps along the way.
Say goodbye to Hazyview after breakfast as you head back to Johannesburg. Your tour ends in the late afternoon on arrival at the Greenfire Johannesburg Lodge.
Make your own way to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Virgin, Qantas or similar
- Departures from Perth, Hobart and Canberra will incur a surcharge of $295 per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early or delayed departures, plus any applicable fare difference and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- The day by day descriptions published are intended as a rough guideline only. Adventure travel by nature is unpredictable, weather patterns, game migrations, road conditions and a multitude of other factors may necessitate itinerary changes that ultimately are for the client’s benefit. It is essential that clients are flexible and open minded in this regard.
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional activities
- Transfers from airport to hotels and cruise ports
- Meals not stated in the itinerary
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages