SOUTH AFRICA: 16 Day Explore South Africa Tour Including Flights For Two (Departing PER)
The ‘Big 5’ await in the South African wilderness.
Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the magnificent Garden Route, stunning Cape Winelands and iconic coastlines of South Africa and see the world’s most majestic wildlife in mighty Kruger National Park on this 16 day adventure.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Witness the Thrill of Africa’s ‘Big 5’ While on Safari in Kruger and Tsitsikamma National Parks
- Embrace South Africa’s Breathtaking Vistas Along the Scenic Garden Route and Panorama Route
- Return International Flights for Two
- Internal Flight from George to Johannesburg
- 13 Nights of Accommodation for Two
- 13 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 10 Dinners
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- English-Speaking Tour Leader
- Airport Group Transfers in Cape Town and Johannesburg
- Cape Town – StayEasy Cape Town City Bowl or similar
- Hermanus – Windsor Hotel or similar
- Mossel Bay – Oceans Hotel or similar
- Tsitsikamma – Tsitsikamma Village Inn, Tsitsikamma Lodge and Spa, Tsogo Sun Beacon Island Hospital or similar
- Cape St. Francis – Cape St. Francis Resort or similar
- Oudtshoorn – De Oude Meul, Protea Hotel by Marriott Riempie Estate or similar
- Gateway to Kruger – eBundu Lodge, Buffalo Hotel, Greenway Woods or similar
- Kruger National Park – Timbavati Safari Lodge, Sanbonani Resort Hotel or similar
- Johannesburg – Garden Court O.R. Tambo International Airport or similar
- Available for departure on the following dates in 2020:
- 8, 22 May
- 5 June
- 14 August
- 11 September
- 23 October
- 6 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For enquiries please visit the Escape Guru website or call on 1300 508 802.
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Weave through lush hillsides, awe-inspiring natural wonders, soaring mountainscapes and sprawling vineyards on this thrilling 16 day adventure through the South African wilderness.
- Get up close and personal with Africa’s famous ‘Big 5’ on a thrilling safari through the wonderful Kruger National Park, filled with stunning wildlife that looks like it’s been lifted straight from the pages of National Geographic!
- Uncover the harmony of cultures, cuisines and astounding landscapes in Cape Town, marvelling at the historic Castle of Good Hope and relishing in the distinct religious traditions of Cape Malay.
- Be awestruck by the rivers, gorges, mountains, forests and thriving plantations that make up Tsitsikamma National Park, with time to explore the astounding natural landscapes and unique flora and fauna as you please.
- Feast your eyes on the scenic Panorama Route, gazing out at the unrivaled beauty of the Blyde River Canyon, otherworldly Bourke’s Luck Potholes and magnificent Three Rondavels.
Pack your bags for an action packed adventure through South Africa as you board your international flight to Cape Town.
*Please Note: Some flights may depart before this day, see the Fine Print for more information.
Welcome to Cape Town! Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Get to know your tour leader and fellow travellers this evening as you enjoy a delightful dinner.
Discover the harmony of cultures, cuisines and astounding landscapes in Cape Town with a guided tour of the historic Castle of Good Hope and St. George’s Cathedral before wandering the vibrant streets of Cape Malay, a melting pot of culture and religious traditions.
Explore the natural wonders of the sprawling Company’s Gardens and end the day at the pristine V&A Waterfront, a bustling hub of shopping and dining locations.
Today is yours to admire the wonders of Cape Town and the surrounding landscapes at your leisure, perhaps roaming the collection of valleys, beaches and mountain peaks at Table Mountain National Park or greeting rafts of African Penguins at Boulders Beach.
- Cape Point and Peninsula Day Tour.
Embark on a scenic drive through the expansive Cape Winelands where you will taste South Africa’s signature Pinotage wine, learn about the region from a local wine expert and enjoy a lunch among the vineyards.
Stop in the heart of the Cape Winelands at the University town of Stellenbosch, exploring streets lined with exquisite cape dutch architecture and laid-back coffee shops before indulging in a final wine tasting session and taking a heavenly coastal drive towards Hermanus.
- Dinner with South African Family.
Relax in the peaceful harbour town of Hermanus, renowned as the best whale-watching destination in the world, then enjoy lunch on your own this afternoon in Swellendam where you could try authentic boerekos or springbok carpaccio.
Stop just outside the quaint settlement of Albertinia to taste aloe tea, sample facial cream and learn about indigenous aloe vera at the Cape Aloe Vera Farm.
En route to the coastal village of Mossel Bay, stop by the Pinnacle Caves where you can uncover fossils dating as far back as 170,000 years ago,
- Shark Cage Diving.
- Whale and Eco Tour.
Embark on a thrilling early morning safari at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve where you will get up close to impala, wildebeest, rhinos, lions, giraffes and more!
Afterwards, stop in the heart of the Garden Route, Knysna, and enjoy free time to perhaps stroll the breathtaking harbour or board a floating restaurant on Knysna Bay (own expense).
Depart Knysna for more animal adventures this afternoon. You could roam free with countless monkeys at Monkeyland or move through the largest free flight aviary and bird sanctuary, Birds of Eden, for a unique eco-tourism experience (own expense).
The morning is yours to marvel at the awe-inspiring scenery and natural landscapes of Tsitsikamma National Park, a region of rivers, gorges, mountains, forests and lush plantations. You could bungee jump off Bloukrans Bridge or partake in the tree-top canopy tour, woodcutters trail journey or bush walk through a plethora of vibrant flora.
Next up, Storms River Mouth! Walk along the coastline or cross the longest suspension bridge in South Africa before taking some free time to enjoy lunch while overlooking the vast South Atlantic Ocean.
This afternoon, drive to the Eastern Cape Coast, known for its idyllic beaches and surroundings.
Venture out onto the meandering Route 62 through the spectacular Langkloof Valley, stopping at Oudtshoorn Ostrich Farm for a guided tour where you will learn some insightful information about these large feathered animals.
Be treated to a special Karoo dinner this evening.
- Cango Caves – explore a series of dripstone caverns that date back more than 20 million years.
This morning, watch the golden sunrise over the Langkloof and take in the magnificent panoramas from the Outeniqua Pass before boarding your flight from George to Johannesburg.
Upon arrival in the “City of Gold”, Johannesburg, you will be transferred to Kruger Gateway where you will enjoy dinner under the night sky as you await tomorrow’s unforgettable African bush adventure.
Prepare for the “wild” day ahead with a full day tour of Kruger National Park. Keep an eye out for cheetahs, leopards, elephants, lions, rhinos and buffalos sprawled over the park’s 20000km2 area and enjoy regular rests at Skukuza, Tsokwane and Sarata rest camps along the way.
Cool off with an evening swim in the safari lodge pool followed by an included dinner.
The next two days are yours to embark on a variety of half day, full day, sunrise or sunset tours of Kruger National Park, where 114 species of reptiles, 507 kinds of birds and 147 mammal species are waiting to be discovered.
Spend your final night in the African bush exchanging safari stories around a campfire where you could sip on some Amarula, an African liqueur made with fruit from the marula tree.
Take the scenic Panorama Route through the breathtaking Mpumalanga Province, stopping at the renowned Three Rondavels, a soaring viewpoint with unrivaled vistas over the deep Blyde River Canyon and jagged Drakensberg Ridge.
Witness otherworldly rock formations at Bourke’s Luck Potholes, a remarkable water feature with hundreds of natural potholes and plunge pools, before heading towards the final destination of the day, Johannesburg.
Following breakfast, your South African adventure comes to an end as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
*Please Note: Some flights may arrive before this day, see the Fine Print for more information.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth
- Flights are economy class with South African Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qantas or similar
- A break fee of $150 plus airfare difference per person applies for early or delayed departures
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – maximum 48
- Travelling solo? A single supplement price from $1105 applies to those wishing to travel alone, based on lead travel dates
- A triple share option is available upon request (extra bedding), subject to availability
- Due to flight times and scheduling, some customers may be required to depart Australia the day before the advertised itinerary (day 0), and some customers may arrive in Australia the day before the advertised itinerary. The number of accommodation nights will not change.
- Pre-tour accommodation in Cape Town from $90 per person, per night (excludes transfers)
- Post-tour accommodation in Johannesburg from $105 per person, per night (includes complimentary airport transfers)
- Upgrade to business class with South African Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qantas or similar from $6299 per person*
- *Upgrade applies to international long-haul sectors only and is subject to limited availability. Business class may not be available on all carriers.
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Tourist visa (not required for Australian passport holders)
- Optional tipping: approx. $3 – $5 per person, per day while touring
- Personal expenses
- Optional entry fees and taxes not mentioned in the itinerary
- Items of personal nature
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages