SOUTH AFRICA: 15 Day Sensational South Africa Tour Including Flights for Two
Feast your eyes on the best of Africa.
Experience the epic wilderness of South Africa on this spellbinding tour, where you’ll enjoy an ever-changing scenery of natural wonders that look like they’ve been lifted straight from the pages of National Geographic!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 13 Nights of Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast, 2 Lunches and 10 Dinners
- Wind Through Lush Landscapes, Breathtaking Natural Marvels and Spy Fabled Wildlife in All Their Glory
- Return International Flights for Two
- Internal Flight from Garden Route to Johannesburg
- 13 Nights of Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast, 2 Lunches and 10 Dinners
- On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Exciting Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout Your Journey
- Cape Town – Stay Easy Cape Town City Bowl or similar
- Hermanus – Windsor Hotel or similar
- Mossel Bay – Ocean Hotel or similar
- TsitsiKamma Park – Tsitsikamma Village Inn or similar
- Eastern Cape – Garden Court Hotel or similar
- Oudtshoorn – Protea Hotel or similar
- Kruger Gateway – Bundu Lodge or similar
- Kruger Park – Buffalo Hotel or similar
- Johannesburg – Garden Court Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 28 February
- 5 June
- 14 August
- 11 September
- 23 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to South Africa! Prepare for the trip of a lifetime as you drive right into the epic wilderness, enjoy the ever-changing scenery of natural wonders and glimpse majestic wildlife over 13 incredible days.
- Get to know Cape Town with a tour of the city centre, passing the splendid baroque Castle of Good Hope, St. George’s Cathedral, strolling through the exotic Malay Quarter and enjoying some free time at the historic V&A Waterfront.
- Wander the charming harbour town of Hermanus, admiring the breathtaking scenery and unparalleled mountainscape views.
- Spy your share of majestic wildlife over two glorious days in the Greater Kruger National Park. From the likes of elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, antelope and giraffes, you’ll be struggling for space on your camera, so be sure to keep a second SD card handy!
- Gape at the boundless beauty of the Panorama Route, from the serenity of Blyde River Canyon to the cavernous Bourke’s Luck Potholes and expanse of lush ravine at Gods Window.
It’s time to embark on your African adventure! Leave Australia for Cape Town today.
Your adventure starts in one of the most iconic cities in South Africa – Cape Town. Make your own way to the hotel for check-in and spend the remainder of the day at your leisure – perhaps taking advantage of the city’s magnificent seaside location.
Your tour of Cape Town begins in the city centre today, driving past glorious landmarks such as the Baroque-styled Castle of Good Hope and breathtaking St. George’s Cathedral. Stroll through the exotic Malay Quarter before visiting the Company’s Garden, a lively urban space with buskers, towering lush greenery and lively wildlife.
Then it’s off to the the historic V&A Waterfront. Enjoy some free time to stroll through the Waterfront’s endless shopping and trendy seaside restaurants. After lunch on your own, why not take a cable car up to Table Mountain to admire breathtaking views over the Atlantic and a birds-eye view of the city and its turquoise beaches
Now that you’ve seen the spectacular Cape Peninsula and mesmerising mountain ranges, why not use this free day to see Cape Town’s plethora of charming villages, such as Bo-Kaap’s brightly painted facades, or walk through the kaleidoscope of flora and fauna thriving in the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
- Cape Point and Peninsula day trip – venture further south, passing steep mountains, secluded coves and sweeping beaches (AUD $135 per person).
This morning we explore the Cape Winelands! Take a scenic drive through the Cape wine region, tasting South Africa’s signature Pinotage and learning all about the wine-making process from a local wine expert.
Afterwards, explore the oak-lined avenues of Stellenbosch, taking in the grandiose gables and white-washed walls of the intricate Cape Dutch architecture before strolling past laid-back coffee shops, bustling boutiques and art galleries.
Join another wine tasting tour before taking a coastal drive to the vibrant town of Hermanus where you could join a South African family for dinner or explore the upmarket shops at your leisure.
Rich in breathtaking scenery and unparalleled mountainscape views, spend the morning wandering the charming harbour town of Hermanus. One of the world’s best whale-watching destinations, you could try and catch a glimpse of the majestic creatures from atop the long stretch of cliffs.
Nestled between the Langeberg Mountains and Breede River, enjoy some lunch and free time to explore the picturesque town of Swellenden before continuing en route to Mossel Bay where you will visit the Cape Aloe Vera Town, tasting aloe tea, sampling facial creams and learning all about the health benefits and uses of aloe vera.
Stop by a series of coastal caves at Pinnacle Point, containing archaeological artefacts and fossil findings dating as far back as 170,000 years ago.
- Great White Shark Cage Diving – thrill seekers will not want to miss the trip to “Shark Alley” to experience cage diving with Great Whites! (AUD $380 per person)
- Whale and Eco Tour – (AUD $250 per person).
Head to Botlierskop Private Game Reserve this morning for a safari experience unlike any other. Enjoy close encounters with Africa’s majestic wildlife, witnessing impala, wildebeest, rhinos, lions, giraffes and more in action.
Enjoy lunch at the heart of Garden Route, Knysna and explore the beautiful harbour area before visiting Monkeyland, a free-roaming primate sanctuary or Birds of Eden, the world’s largest free-flight bird sanctuary.
- Lunch Cruise – jump aboard a double-decker floating restaurant for a delicious lunch and cruise along Knysna Bay (AUD $85 per person).
The morning is yours to explore the great outdoors as you reach the Tsitsikamma Coastal National Park, the perfect place to get adventurous! You could hike the famous Otter Trail, get the adrenaline pumping by bungee jumping at Bloukrans Bridge or learn about the region’s flora and fauna on a bush walk.
Take a scenic drive to the Storms River mouth where you could hike along the rugged coastline and suspension bridges overlooking the charming hamlet or enjoy some free time to enjoy lunch overlooking the ocean.
This afternoon, drive to the Eastern Cape Coast for stretches of golden beaches and idyllic vistas.
Leave the Garden Route behind as you wind along Route 62. Witness the rolling red-stained Klein Karoo mountains, driving through the small towns and farming communities of Langkloof until you reach the ostrich capital of Oudtshoorn.
Stop off for a guided tour of an ostrich farm and learn all about these feathered creatures before exploring one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Cango Caves. Embark on a walking tour through a series of chambers and tunnels, marvelling at collections of stalagmite formations dating back as far as 4500 million years.
Leaving Oudtshoorn for Georgetown today, board your early morning flight to the vibrant heart of South Africa, Johannesburg!
Tonight, dinner is served beneath the midnight blue sky in the African bush.
Explore one of the world’s greatest wildlife-watching destinations today as you venture into the Kruger National Park on a full-day game drive to see the iconic safari species that share the bushveld, including elephants, lions, leopards, cheetah, rhino and more. En route, stop at rest camps Skukuza, Tshokwane and Satara.
More magnificent game viewing is on the agenda for the next two days as you embark on a safari led by a local wildlife specialist. Spend the day in an open safari truck, winding through some of the best game and wildlife viewing areas, waterholes and rest camps. Try to spot some of the resident wildlife from your truck – you’ll need feline-like reflexes to capture them in action though!
Unearth mountainous vistas, lush green valleys, arid bush and red stone facades today as you explore the Mpumalanga Province along the spectacular Panorama Route.
Stop to admire the massive Blyde River Canyon, which carves its way magnificently through red sandstone, before admiring Bourke’s Luck Potholes’ collection of waterfalls and distinctive rock formations. Afterwards, continue to Johannesburg.
Tonight, enjoy a final farewell dinner with your fellow travellers!
Your great South African escape ends this morning after breakfast as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from Hobart, Canberra or Perth are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, Qatar, Emirates and South African Airlines, subject to availability
- Flights may depart or return a day earlier or later depending on flight schedules or departure cities
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory for Australian passport holders
- Tipping – Recommended tipping is AUD $15 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages