RUSSIA: 20 Day Russian Rivers & Norwegian Fjords Cruises Including Flights for Two (Inside Cabin)
Unforgettable and soul-inspiring.
$11,998Valued at $14,220
Discover Russia, saturated with centuries of fascinating history and kaleidoscopic architecture, before embarking on a Baltic exploration of the world-famous Norwegian Fjords, dotted with toy villages, snow-capped mountains and Medieval churches.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 11 Night Luxury Cruise on Russia’s Legendary Volga River, Followed by a 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise
- Exciting Tours of St. Petersburg, the Kremlin, Moscow City, Red Square & More, Plus Norway’s Prettiest Port Towns & Fjords!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 11 Nights in a River View Cabin Aboard MS Zosima Shashkov, Including All Onboard Meals
- 7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise on MSC Poesia – Choose from an Ocean View, Balcony or Interior Cabin
- Return Airport Transfers in Russia
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transport and Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- Invitation Letter for a Russian Visa (Australian Passport Holders Only)
Built to glide along Europe’s most scenic waterways, the River View cabins onboard the MS Zosima Shashkov feature generous windows where the river view and kaleidoscopic waterside architecture roll lazily past like your own private movie. Your room features air conditioning, a private bathroom, refrigerator and comfortable beds.
Activities onboard include Russian cultural practices such as dancing, singing, and painting babushkas (nesting dolls). There are live performances by classical and Russian folk musicians, authentic vodka tastings and a Russian tea ceremony.
The ship boasts two bars, a lounge, sauna, small souvenir shop and a doctor’s office, as well as a dining room serving authentic continental and Russian cuisine – the perfect home base for sightseeing spectacular along the Volga River from Moscow to St Petersburg.
The MSC Poesia is a standout in MSC’s elite fleet. An ode to beauty with tastefully decadent decor, think brass handrails, marble countertops and a waterfall in the atrium. This 5 star ship sets a new standard for modern luxury travel.
Packed with endless opportunities to taste, learn, rejuvenate and play, paired with stunning stops in some of the most fascinating ports of the Baltic, a cruise on a MSC cruise ship is an unforgettable experience.
Here’s just a sample of what awaits you on board:
- Relax in the Galleria, filled with plenty of shopping, eating, music & more
- Sink into the waters of the 3 swimming pools, 4 whirlpools and giant poolside cinema screen
- Unforgettable performances at the Teatro Carlo Felice
- Tempt lady luck at the Casino Royal and dance the night away at S32 Disco
- A delectable selection of specialty restaurants, bars and cafes
- Balinese beauty and relaxing treatments at the MSC Aurea Spa
- An extensive Fitness Centre with stunning ocean panoramas
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred accommodation option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
These cosy sanctuaries are the perfect place to relax and refresh when you’re not having fun above deck. You’ll find a private en suite bathroom, flat screen TV, a desk and seating area, and air conditioning. Choose from either a double or two single beds with luxury linens and a telephone where you can easily reach the helpful staff should you desire anything.
Ocean View Cabin
As well as all of the facilities of the Inside Cabin, Ocean View cabins come with the added benefit of a window or porthole overlooking the ocean – so you can bask in natural light and watch the calming waves from the comfort of your room.
A must-have for those seeking that something special! Open your doors to the sweeping sea views and take your morning coffee on the seating area of your private balcony. Balcony Cabins also offer a larger lounge area and a bathtub for an extra luxurious experience.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 6, 27 May
- 17* June
- 8*, 22* July
- 19* August
- 9, 30 September
- *A High Season surcharge of $1000 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Discover Russia’s centuries of history and architecture at its kaleidoscopic best as you cruise the Volga, the longest river in Europe, before embarking on a dreamy cruise of the Norwegian Fjords where model-train villages sit amongst snow-dusted mountains.
- See Moscow’s famous Red Square for yourself, along with the iconic domes of St Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin, the former headquarters of the KGB and a plethora of other iconic sites.
- Eat like a local as you tuck into a Russian ‘shashlik’ lunch in Mandrogi, delight in an authentic Russian vodka tasting, and enjoy a smorgasbord of chef-prepared Russian and European dishes aboard the MS Zosima Shashkov.
- Explore the glittering spread of St Petersburg, with awe-inspiring visits to the world-famous Hermitage Museum, the Peterhof Palace, St Isaac’s Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, the Rococo Pushnik Palace, and so much more.
- Experience luxury aboard the sumptuous MSC Poesia, replete with marble staircases, a Balinese spa, a plethora of bars and much more as you set sail on your Norwegian Fjord cruise.
- Make stops in some of northern Europe’s prettiest port towns as you cruise through impressive fjords, from Hellesylt to Geiranger, Flaam, and Germany’s Kiel.
Pack your bags and charge your cameras – you’re in for the most scenic European cruise of your life! You’ll leave Australia today bound for Moscow.
Today you’ll arrive in Moscow, Russia’s fascinating and enigmatic capital. From the airport you’ll travel directly to the cruise port on the legendary Volga River, where you can relax and settle into your cabin aboard the sumptuous MS Zosima Shashkov. Enjoy a welcome dinner tonight to get to know your fellow guests.
Today you will tour kaleidoscopic Moscow – and you might need an extra SD card! Visit the inspiring Red Square marvel at the golden dome of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the iconic turrets of St Basil’s Cathedral – the former headquarters of the KGB – and much more.
Enjoy lunch before continuing to the fortified Kremlin. See the famous Czar Cannon, the Czar Bell and Cathedral Square – home to three of Moscow’s most elaborate cathedrals. Return to the ship overnight.
- Armoury Museum – one of the oldest museums in Moscow and home to ceremonial royal garments and artifacts.
- Kostroma National Folk Show – vibrant costumes, mind-blowing choreography and billows of mist twirl across a striking stage in this unmissable storytelling of Russia’s cultural history.
- Moscow by Night Tour – travel to lively Tverskaya Street, with its bustling shops and restaurants, to Victory Park and the observation platform at Sparrow Hills.
Today is yours to uncover Moscow’s multi-layered charms – perhaps take in the sights along the Moskva River, visit Lenin’s Mausoleum, or track down a local ‘rynok’ – a Russian farmer’s market.
Or, join an optional tour of the world-famous Tretyakov Gallery, or the 16th century Novodevichy Convent. Tonight, you will sail for Uglich.
- Tretyakov Gallery – tour the national treasury of Russian fine art, displaying more than 130,000 works of painting, sculpture and graphics from Russia’s history.
- Moscow Novodevichy Convent – this UNESCO World Heritage Site is one of the country’s best-known cloisters, a turreted architectural masterpiece of white, green, red and gold.
Relax onboard this morning – perhaps join a Russian language class or learn about traditional handicrafts. In the afternoon, you’ll arrive in Uglich, on the banks of the Volga. Embark on a walking tour of this historic town, visiting the Church of St Dimitry-on-Blood and the Transfiguration Cathedral, plastered with marvellous frescoes and icons. Once back on board, you’ll set sail for Yaroslavl.
Arrive this afternoon in the quaint Golden Ring city of Yaroslavl. Visit the fortified Transfiguration of the Savior Monastery and its cathedral, the oldest building in Yaroslavl, and admire the Yaroslavl Museum of Russian Art, housed in the 18th century Governor’s mansion.
View the exquisite Church of Elijah the Prophet with its detailed frescoes and icons, and the Church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. You’ll have time to browse the local markets for handicrafts and treasures before returning to the ship for dinner.
One of the most tranquil and holy places in Russia, Goritsy is renowned for its monasteries. Perhaps the most famous is the Monastery of St Cyril of the White Lake. This enduring 14th century masterpiece has housed monks and fleeing nobles throughout the centuries. Marvel at its fortified walls, 730 metres long and six metres thick, before returning to the ship for a festive Russian vodka tasting as you sail for Kizhi.
Relax in the sauna this morning or read on deck as the riverbank rolls by before arriving in the afternoon at the island of Kizhi.* Stand in awe at the Church of Transfiguration, its onion-shaped turrets covered in thousands of hand-hewn shingles like scales on a dragon – crafted without a single nail in sight.
Wander through the UNESCO World Heritage-listed open-air wooden Architecture Museum, filled with houses, windmills and churches representing ancient Russian architecture. Upon return to your ship, set off for Mandrogi.
*The operation of the Kizhi Church of Transfiguration is dependent on weather and sea conditions. If cancelled, the visit to Kizhi will be replaced with alternate sightseeing.
Dock in Mandrogi, a reconstruction of a traditional 18th century Russian village, filled with izba, brightly painted cottages like gingerbread houses. Stop at the Museum of Russian Vodka, displaying over 2500 varieties of vodka from across the country. Browse handcrafts and enjoy wood carving, lacework and pottery demonstrations. Enjoy a traditional ‘shashlik’ (meat skewer) lunch in an open-air pavilion on the shore (weather permitting), before boarding the ship for St. Petersburg, the jewel of Russia
This morning, tour enchanting St. Petersburg, beginning on Nevsky Prospekt, the main avenue of the city. Continue to the Palace Square, Peter and Paul Fortress and St. Isaac’s Cathedral with its huge golden dome. Then, observe the magnificent Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood.
This afternoon, visit the world-famous Hermitage Museum, housing a large collection of priceless masterpieces by Michelangelo, Van Gogh, Picasso, Monet, Rembrandt and many others. Tonight, after dinner, attend an optional performance of a traditional Russian folk show, showcasing the Cossack culture.
- Russian Folk Show – dazzling costumes and choreography combine in a display of Russia’s Cossack culture.
This morning tour the magical grounds of Peterhof Palace, with its gorgeous landscaped gardens and fountains overlooking the Gulf of Finland. Masterminded by Peter the Great, this dazzling complex is often called the ‘Russian Versailles’. Spend your afternoon at leisure, or discover a different perspective of St Petersburg with an optional tour exploring the city’s rivers, bridges and canals.
- St Petersburg River, Bridge & Canal Tour.
Today is yours to discover the fabled, glittering city of St Petersburg on your own. You could join an optional tour of the spectacular Pushkin Palace and Pavlovsk Palace, or an optional performance of a traditional Russian Ballet
- Pushkin and Pavlovsk Palaces – visit the lavish 18th century Catherine’s Palace, summer residence of the Russian Tsars. Continue to Pavlovsk Palace, considered one of the country’s most picturesque estates and home to an impressive collection of 19th century paintings and emerald green columns.
- Traditional Russian Ballet – The passion of Russian ballet dancers is like no other, and viewing a performance will leave you spellbound.
This morning you will step off the MS Zosima Shashkov for the last time as you transfer to the airport for your flight to Denmark. Upon arrival in Copenhagen, catch a taxi on your own to the cruise port to check in to your Norwegian Fjords cruise aboard the fabulous MSC Poesia.
Enjoy your first day on board the MSC Poesia as you cruise the stunning North Sea to Norway. Kick back and relax on one of the many sun decks, achieve a new level of relaxation at MSC Aurea Spa, or perhaps have a flutter at the ship’s incredible casino.
Arriving around 7am this morning, you’ll cruise through the world’s most famous fjord from Hellesylt to Geiranger, marvelling at the sheer mountain cliffs with the water rippling between.
Arrive around this morning in the picture-perfect village of Flaam, one of Norway’s most popular ports. The spectacular views from the Flaam Railway are not to be missed, as the carriages chuff around snow-dusted mountains like a life-size a model train diorama. Flaam and its surrounds are also home to museums, breweries, and even churches dating back to the Middle Ages.
You might think you’ve just stepped onto a movie set, but really, you’re in Haugesund. The pastel-pink town hall is one of the most famous buildings in Norway, decorated inside with gorgeous artwork. The harbour is filled with postcard-worthy scenes of yachts, piers and brightly coloured toy-shop houses.
While at sea today, why not indulge in a little card game, or wind down in the whirlpool spa? Drink in the views on the deck by the Piranha Pool Bar or relax and enjoy a sneaky cigar in the luxurious Hitchcock Lounge.
Welcome to Germany! An Imperial military port since 1871 when its canal was opened to connect the Baltic and the North Seas in 1895, the grand harbour of Kiel continues to control the largest artificial waterway in the world. However, it’s the city’s magnificent museums that should be the focus of your visit, before leaving port at 5pm.
You’ll arrive back in Copenhagen this morning. Bid farewell to the MSC Poesia and your newfound friends as you disembark, and make your own way to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Qatar, Qantas, Etihad, or Emirates, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Single supplement available – contact Kogan Travel for more information
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport/port transfers in Copenhagen
- Tipping and gratuities (recommended at $12 per person, per day)
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages