RUSSIA: 12 Day Russian River Cruise Including Flights for Two
Visit little known Russian gems.
$8,998Valued at $10,998
Spy golden domes peeking out over rooftops, church spires dominating the streetscape and historic monuments at nearly every bend of the river on this luxury Russian escape, cruising from St. Petersburg to Yaroslavl and Moscow.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 10 Night River Cruise Including Shore Excursions, All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Soak in the Crimson Kremlin Walls, Visit the Glittering Palace Square, Discover a Hidden 18th-Century Reconstructed Village and Hit up the Iconic Hermitage Museum
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 10 Nights for Two in a River View Cabin Aboard the MS Zosima Shashkov
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- Shore Excursions, Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- All Porterage and Taxes
- Invitation Letter for a Russian Visa for Australian Passport Holders
From the moment you step aboard the MS Zosima Shashkov, you’ll be enamoured by all of the luxuries that this ship has to offer.
Savour the exquisite Russian and international fare in the dining room, revitalise with a sweat session in the sauna and while your cruise away with a glass of neat vodka in-hand while gliding past picturesque towns along the Volga River.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 6, 10, 29, 31 May
- 31 August
- 13, 30 September
- 4 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- If ancient fortresses, glittering palaces and spired churches are your thing, get ready for a spellbinding Russian cruise as you glide past picturesque islands hiding secret villages and savour authentic vodka along the Volga River.
- Visit the exquisite Church of Transfiguration on the island of Kizhi, an 18th-century wooden masterpiece that looks like it’s been whisked straight out of a fairytale.
- Be swept away by the art fare in St. Petersburg, getting lost in the 19th-century splendour of the Palace Square and fortresses of Paul and Peter, before hitting up the Hermitage Museum, home to works by Da Vinci and Rembrandt.
- Explore the hidden village of Mandrogi, a reconstructed 18th-century village hidden deep within the forest along the Svir River.
- See the impressive Church of St. Dmitry on the Blood, where the eponymous prince met his demise at the hands of his father, Ivan the Terrible.
- Discover the former headquarters of the KGB, soak up the crimson Kremlin walls and kaleidoscopic domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow’s buzzing Red Square.
Say proschay Australia and hello Russia as you board your international flight to St. Petersburg
Privet St. Petersburg! Upon arrival, transfer to your luxury MS Zosima Shashkov and treat your palate to delicious Russian delicacies with a welcome dinner tonight.
Get to know the city today as you wander past espresso bars, vegan sanctuaries and art galleries along Nevsky Prospekt. Then, get lost in the 19th-century glittering palaces, swirly-spired churches and walled fortresses of the Palace Square, Peter and Paul Fortresses, St. Isaac’s Cathedral and Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood.
Later, hit up the Hermitage Museum, home to over three million artworks by the likes of Da Vinci, Rembrandt and Michelangelo. In the evening, you could see prima ballerinas twirling across the ballet or glide along the legendary canals with a scenic night cruise!
- Ballet (AUD $135 per person).
- Canal Cruise (AUD $99 per person).
Today is yours to use as you please! You could melt away in a banya (Russian sauna), bite into powdery pyshkas (sugar-coated Russian doughnuts) and climb to the summit of St. Isaac’s Cathedral for panoramic city vistas or discover the thriving nightlife along Rubinsteina Street.
- Pushkin Palace and Peterhof Park – visit the Russian equivalent of Versailles (AUD $149 per person).
Be transported to the 18th-century today as you explore Mandrogi, a reconstructed village hidden deep within lush forest along the Svir River. Feeling adventurous? Visit the Museum of Russian Vodka, home to over 2500 varieties of Russian vodka.
Cap off your exploration with a traditional shashlik lunch, before sailing to Kizhi Island for the evening.
View the exquisite Church of Transfiguration today, an 18th-century masterpiece and Russia’s oldest wooden church that looks like it’s been whisked straight out a fairy tale. Follow up this magnificent wooden landmark with a stroll through the Open-air Architecture Museum.
Returning to the ship, learn the art of a Russian tea ceremony or test your vocal ability with a traditional Russian song class!
Church of Transfiguration is subject to weather conditions. If cancelled, alternative sightseeing will be arranged.
Relax at your leisure this morning. Arriving in Goritsy this afternoon, stroll the picturesque grounds of the 14th-century Kirillo-Belozersky Monastery, grown from a cave into a magnificent 12 church complex. Back on board, treat the palate to a festive Russian vodka tasting. Ypa (cheers)!
The 800-year-old Transfiguration of the Saviour Monastery and it’s brilliant fortified walls awaits today, as you explore the ancient city of Yaroslavl, admiring 18th to 20th-century Russian art in the restored former governors’ mansion and the Church of Elijah the Prophet.
Round out your city tour at the Church of St. Nicholas and some free time to shop the local food markets!
See the impressive Church of St. Dmitry on the Blood in Uglich today, the place where the prince met his demise at the hands of his father, Ivan the Terrible, and the marvellously decorated Transfiguration Cathedral. Continue to Moscow tonight!
This afternoon, begin your panoramic city tour at the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, admiring the golden domes dominating the Moscow skyline and the former headquarters of the KGB. Then, soak up the crimson Kremlin walls and kaleidoscopic domes of St. Basil’s Cathedral in the buzzing Red Square.
Wind past the palaces and Orthodox churches of the Kremlin grounds today, visiting the infamous Tsar Canon, the 16th-century Tsar Bell and Cathedral Square. This evening, bid a fond farewell to your travel buddies with a farewell dinner.
Your luxury MS Zosima Shashkov cruise comes to an end this morning, as you prepare to transfer to the airport for your flight to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth
- Flights from Hobart or Canberra are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are with economy class with Qatar, Qantas, Etihad, Emirates, Singapore Airline, Lufthansa or Cathay Pacific, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
Cruise Cabin Upgrades:
- Upgrades are available for an additional cost per person:
- Middle Deck: $200 per person
- Boat Deck: $500 per person
- Suite Deck: $1700 per person
- Contact Kogan Travel at 1300 517 210 for more information
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Visas are mandatory for Australian passport holders
- You must apply for a Russian visa at least 6 weeks prior to departure from Australia
- Travelling solo? A single supplement is available upon request. Contact Kogan Travel at 1300 517 210 for more information
- Travel insurance – compulsory for Australian passport holders in order to obtain a Russian visa
- Airport transfers
- Visa/Entry requirements – compulsory
- Tipping/Gratuities – recommended at $15 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages