PERU: 9 Day Amazon River Cruise Including Flights for Two
Set sail into the heart of the Amazon.
$7,998Valued at $9,998
Witness the legendary Amazon River up close with an epic riverboat voyage through Pacaya-Samiria; a breathtaking reserve showcasing the secretive wildlife, exotic plants and local way of life in the Amazon.
- Return International Flights For Two
- Experience the Amazon Jungle up Close with an Unforgettable River Cruise Led by an Amazon Reserve Naturalist Guide
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment, Plus Exciting Hikes, Skiff Rides and Chances to Spot Amazon River Dolphins, Sloths and More!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 2 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- 6 Night Amazon Cruise for Two Aboard the Amatista Riverboat
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- All On-Ground Transport and Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Tours as per the itinerary
- Insights from a Certified Amazon Reserve Naturalist Guide Aboard the Amatista
- Return Airport Transfers
- Lima – Hotel Runcu or similar
Set sail in tropical style and comfort with a small band of explorers aboard the charming Amatista Riverboat.
Your spacious cabin with a private ensuite provides a cool break from the tropical climate, while the full-sized windows in your room means you’ll always have a great vantage point to drink in the tropical river views.
Plus, the food onboard is inspired by the tropical flavours of the Amazon and prepared onboard with fresh local ingredients, so you can truly immerse yourself in the rainforest lifestyle. When not grazing, you could spend your free time in the exterior bar lounge drinking in the vistas from the open-air sundeck.
This may be your last chance to get up and close with this natural wonder. With the current trend of rainforest destruction, this legendary rainforest cover could be halved by 2020. See it up close without contributing heavily to the environmental damage as guided by the onboard certified Amazon naturalist.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 4 May
- 1 June
- 20, 27 July
- 3, 17, 24 August
- 7 September
- 19, 25 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to the jungle! Glide through the legendary Amazon in style, admiring the towering trees, thriving wildlife and awesome river aboard the luxury Amatista Riverboat, with all onboard meals and entertainment included.
- Set sail into the heart Peru’s northern Amazon jungle, Pacaya Samiria National Reserve. Renowned as the ’jungle of mirrors’, this gorgeous reserve is filled with unexplored forests, lagoons, rivers and heaps of wildlife!
- Keep your camera handy as you spy tropical creatures that can be found only in the heart of the rainforest, such as pink dolphins, sloths and toucans – just to name a few!
- Discover the unique culture of the inhabitants of the Amazon, with guided excursions to rainforest villages, including a shaman visit and dinner with a local indigenous family.
- Explore historic Lima during your hotel stay in Peru, and treat yourself to delicious, authentic Peruvian cuisine.
Get ready to venture into the rugged wilds of the Amazon with your international flight to Peru! Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Depending on what time you arrive, you may have time to explore Lima’s plethora of edgy art galleries, dance clubs alive with tropical beats or cheers to your holiday with an authentic pisco sour cocktail.
The rainforest beckons this morning as you board your flight to Iquitos and transfer to your luxury accommodation for the next six nights, the Amatista Riverboat. Once onboard, you could soak in the magnificent vistas from the 360° sundeck or relax in your air-conditioned cabin, before setting off on a nighttime boat excursion this evening.
Teeming with colourful macaws and the rare jaguar, keep your eyes peeled and cameras at the ready as you drift idly down the tranquil river to Pacaya-Samiria Reserve today.
This afternoon, venture into the jungle’s depths for a rare glimpse of how life on the river is lived with a local rainforest tribe visit. Afterwards, why not cap off the evening with a Piranha Creek excursion?
- Piranha Creek excursion – after dinner, embark on a night excursion to Piranha Creek for a chance to catch an infamous piranha (AUD $99 per person).
Make port in Nauta this morning for a bout of independent exploration, before cruising further down the river and setting off on a walking jungle expedition!
Learn from your certified naturalist guide about the wealth of medicinal plants in this immense forest, from wasai, great for kidney health, to sodo, a natural nicotine patch! While on the hunt for these well-hidden plants, keep your eyes occasionally turned upwards for a glimpse of howler monkeys.
Cruise along the gorgeous waterways and drink in the sights over the next three days, as you venture deep into the Amazon rainforest, leaving all remnants of civilisation behind.
You’ll get to enjoy a walk along the shores of the Ucayali River, home to the Amazon river dolphin and giant otter, visit a local rainforest tribe to see a traditional shaman and share a home cooked meal with a local indigenous family. After dark, you’ll enjoy a nighttime boat excursion with your naturalist guide – keep your eyes peeled for tree frogs and nocturnal birds.
Please note excursions and activities while on the riverboat are dependent on fluctuating water levels and are subject to change.
Keep your cameras at the ready this morning as you explore the shoreline by motorised skiff – this is your last chance to catch a glimpse of the exotic animals that live in this rainforest! Then, leave the tranquillity of the river behind, with a visit to a local Manatee Rescue Centre before continuing to the airport for your flight to Lima.
Upon arrival in Peru’s beautiful capital city, why not treat yourself to an evening of exploration and tantalising Peruvian cuisine. Ceviche, raw fish cured in citrus juice, is a must.
After breakfast, your spectacular Amazon adventure comes to an end. Bid farewell to your newfound friends and transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Adelaide, Hobart or Canberra: $350 per person
- Perth or Darwin: $500 per person
- Flights are economy class with LATAM Airlines and Qantas, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 18
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Drinks onboard the riverboat
- Tips/Gratuities – USD $15 per person, per day
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages