PERU: 14 Day Amazon to the Andes Intimate Tour Including Flights for Two
A once-in-a-lifetime journey.
$8,770Valued at $10,038
From the breathtaking ruins of Machu Picchu to the lush forest of the Amazon Jungle, every day is a new adventure on this once-in-a-lifetime tour through Peru, with specialised tour guides and experts taking you on an unforgettable journey.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Accommodation Including 3 Nights Camping on the Inca Trail and 2 Nights in an Amazon Lodge
- Sip on Pisco Sours in Lima, Trace the Trail of the Incas to Machu Picchu and Live Life in the Amazon Over 3 Thrilling Days of Adventure
- Return International and All Internal Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation Across Hotels and Guesthouses, Camping and Lodges
- Daily Breakfast, 6 Lunches and 5 Delicious Dinners
- Inca Trail Permit*
- Experienced Tour Representatives, Inca Trail Hike Specialists and an Expert Jungle Guide
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
*See Fine Print for Details
- Lima – Hotel Santa Cruz or similar
- Cusco – Hotel Prisma or similar
- Ollantaytambo – Hotel Inka Paradise or similar
- Inca Trail – Local Campsites
- Amazon Jungle – Tambopata G Lodge or similar
Owned and run by locals, staying at local campsites are a brilliant way to fully immerse yourself in Inca culture and gain insight into life in the mountains. Staying at a local campsite not only enhances your Inca Trail experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy that otherwise would not be able to benefit from tourism due to distance and remote location.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 1, 2, 3, 9, 15, 25, 28, 29, 30 August
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Brace yourself for an adventure of a lifetime on this intimate journey through the Amazon and Andes of Peru, traversing through millennial-old ruins, misty mountaintops and mythical jungles with expert guides by your side.
- Travel to Cusco and the Andean Highlands, once the heart of the Inca Empire and the gateway to ancient citadels and ruins like Ollantaytambo. Uncover the alleyway gems of this surviving Inca town with a personalised guided tour, perhaps capped off with a corn beer!
- Trace the steps of the Incas over three magical days to reach the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu. Shrouded by mist and escarpments carved into the mountain, this citadel will be imprinted in your mind for years to come.
- Trek to the mythical Amazon Jungle, where your expert jungle guide will take you on a journey through Tambopata Rainforest. Play eye spy with magical birds and local flora and fauna while uncovering swimming holes and experience jungle life from the comfort of your own hammock!
- Leave the jungle and the mountains behind as you enjoy a few days in Lima, where fresh ceviche, pisco sours and other Peruvian gastronomic delights reign supreme.
Get your passport ready for a journey of a lifetime across the Inca Trail and the Amazon as you board your international flight to Lima. Upon arrival make your own way to the hotel for check-in, where the rest of the day is yours to explore or unwind.
Lima Cooking Class – get a hands-on demonstration on how to cook the fine delicacies of this bustling city (AUD $107 per person).
Jump on a flight to Cusco this morning. Why not ask your tour guide to show you around the best spots and viewpoints of this ancient city or spend the rest of the day acclimatising to the high altitude.
- Cusco Cooking Class (L) – head to the local market and learn how to cook a traditional Peruvian feast (from AUD $62 per person).
Take an intimate day tour to the mythical Sacred Valley and get a feel for local life at a women’s weaving co-op and a local pottery making community. Taste local delights at a community restaurant before hiking to the Ollantaytambo storehouses, where mesmerising ruin views await. Alternatively, you could wander the cobblestone streets and enjoy a beer at a local Chicheria (corn beer bar).
Brace yourself for the wonders of the Inca trail as you transfer to the trail starting point. Ease into the hike with a day of meandering streams, stunning Andean scenery and ancient Inca ruins around every peak and corner. Pass through smaller ruin sites like the Llactapata, basking in the flora and fauna en route.
Start your morning early to climb the steep path to Warmiwanusca, famously known as the Dead Woman’s Pass. Having reached the highest point of your trek, spend the rest of the afternoon sitting back, relaxing and unwinding with your trek mates on top of the clouds!
Cross over two more passes and ruins on today’s adventure. Standing at 3,950m is Runquraqay, where you can catch glimpses of the snow-capped Cordillera Vilcabamba. Take a gentle climb through the forest of clouds to the second pass and onto the ruins of Phuyupatamarca, ‘the town above the clouds’, where you can either wind up your day or continue another 1.5 hours to the Winay Wayna ruins.
Rise before dawn to reach the iconic Sun Gate, where you can catch your first glimpse of the breathtaking Machu Picchu. Hike down for a personalised tour of this marvel, waterfalling down the mountain in cascades of stone escarpments. You could even ask your tour guide to take you to the hidden Inca Bridge if time permits.
Catch the bus to Aguas Calientes, where you can relax and reflect on your momentous achievement before catching the train back to Cusco.
Enjoy a free day to either unwind from your Inca trail adventure or make use of your specialised guide to explore this ancient city, perhaps visiting the Museo Machu Picchu to see millennial-old artefacts or learn about the Inca way of cosmos at the Cusco Planetarium.
- Rainbow Mountain Hike – if you haven’t had enough of your hiking fix, spend the day climbing this natural marvel (from AUD $65 per person).
- Cusco Cooking Class – cook up a Peruvian feast with a local cooking class (from AUD $62 per person).
Journey to the mythical Amazon Jungle today, starting with a flight to Puerto Maldonado followed by a boat ride to your intimate lodge. Play eye spy with magnificent species’ of birds, soaking in the river and forest views en route. The Tambopata Rainforest holds the record for the most amount of bird sightings in one area!
Take advantage of the expertise of your Amazon jungle guide as you go wildlife spotting along oxbow lakes and jungle trails. Breathe in the fresh jungle air from a relaxing hammock, take a refreshing plunge in a local swimming hole or visit a nearby plantation. Go caiman spotting on a tranquil cruise after dinner.
Feast on a delicious Amazonian breakfast before transferring to the airport for your flight back to Lima. On arrival, you could ask your tour guide for recommendations and opt for a night out on the town filled with many pisco sours!
Bid adios to Peru as you board your international flight to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights are economy class with Latam Airlines, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size: maximum 16
- Travelling solo? No single supplement applies for those wishing to travel along. However, solo travellers will share a room with a fellow solo traveller of the same sex
- If permits to trek the Inca trail are not available for your selected dates, you will have the choice of either a 3 day Lares Trek or a 3 night stay in Cusco and take the train to Machu Picchu
- Travel insurance – compulsory
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages