NEPAL & BHUTAN: 12 Day Nepal & Bhutan Tour for Two
Immerse yourself in the road less travelled.
$4,598Valued at $7,200
Embark on an adventure of a lifetime through Nepal and Bhutan where wildlife safaris, colourful architecture, glistening sunrises over magical peaks and enchanting emerald forests await!
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for One/Two
- Daily Breakfast Plus Many More Delicious Meals as per the Itinerary
- Revel in the Incense-Burning Aromas of Kathmandu, Ride on the Back of an Elephant through the Jungle and Uncover the Mystique of Bhutan!
- 11 Nights of Accommodation for One/Two
- Daily Breakfast, 5 Delicious Lunches and Dinners for One/Two
- All Transportation and Airport Transfers as per the Itinerary
- Return Flights from Kathmandu to Paro, Bhutan
- Local English Speaking Tour Guides
- Bhutan Visa Fees
- All Necessary Permits, Taxes, VAT and Service Charges
- Kathmandu – Samsara Resort or similar
- Pokhara – Hotel View Point or similar
- Chitwan – Hotel Rhino Land or similar
- Thimphu – Hotel Amodhara or similar
- Paro – Mandala Resort or similar
- Available for travel on one of the following dates:
- 10, 15, 24 of every month from October to December
- 10, 15, 24 of every month from March to December
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Be dazzled by the diverse beauty of Nepal and Bhutan. From sub-tropical jungles, centuries-old golden temple complexes, breathtaking scenery and majestic Himalayan kingdoms less-travelled by tourists, every day is a new adventure on this incredible 12 day tour.
- Sweep past splendid architecture, Buddhist Stupas adorned with colourful prayer flags, monkey temples and natural wonders in Kathmandu on a day of sightseeing.
- Marvel at breathtaking views of the sun rising over the peaks of Annapurna Himalaya from atop Sarangkot Hill in Pokhara, transforming the sky from pastel purple into glistening gold.
- Gain insight into local Himalayan life with a visit to an indigenous Tharu village and immerse yourself in this unique culture with a traditional Tharu cultural stick dance.
- Enjoy sights from new heights atop the back of an elephant on a Chitwan Jungle Safari with rhino spotting, birdwatching and more!
- Widely regarded as the ‘last great Himalayan kingdom’, marvel at the wonders less-travelled to by tourists in Thimphu and Paro, Bhutan, home to majestic monasteries, fortress-like dzongs and stunning landscapes that look like they’ve been lifted straight from a fairytale picture book.
Namaste, Nepal! Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you’ll be met by a tour representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Spend the rest of the day unwinding and recharging at your leisure.
Get to know the sights, cultures and tastes of Kathmandu today on a guided tour, starting in Patan Durbar Square, home to many spectacular temples and stupas. Head to Swayambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple) in the afternoon, one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal abundant with monkeys!
Travel along the scenic banks of the Trishuli and Marsyangdi Rivers en route to Pokhara, catching your first glimpse of the majestic Himalayas with Ganesh Himal and Manaslu visible from your window!
The afternoon is yours to spend at your leisure. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, tranquil lakes, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls and markets, there’s plenty to explore!
Kickstart your morning with stunning sunrise views of the Himalayas atop Sarangkot Hill before descending to the hotel for breakfast. Head to Bindhyabasini Temple, lying in the centre of the old bazaar, before taking a relaxing boat ride along the tranquil waters of the Phewa Lake.
Continue onto the surging Patale Chhango (Davis Falls) and Gupteshwor Cave, home to a huge shrine dedicated to the Hindu god, Shiva.
Weave through stunning mountainous roads for Chitwan this morning. Upon arrival, check in to your jungle lodge before embarking on a tour of Tharu Village, gaining insight into local Himalayan life with a unique cultural experience run by the community.
Grass seas extend out in either direction as you wander through the sub-tropical Chitwan jungle today, starting off with a nature walk and a trained guide to help you spot native deer and sloth bears.
Next up, get to know the jungle riding on the back of an elephant! Crossing over streams and into grasslands, you’ll get a chance to see rhinos before taking a refreshing dip in the river where you’ll be able to treat your elephant guide to a rejuvenating bath.
Enjoy supper at the Elephant Breeding Centre accompanied by a scintillating Tharu cultural stick dance.
Start your morning early with a bird-watching walk through the bush along the Rapti River, home to over 450 species of exotic birds. Your experienced naturalist guide will introduce you to the Giant Hornbill, Lesser Florican, Paradise Flycatcher and many others! Drive back to Kathmandu this afternoon.
Transfer to the airport this morning to board your flight to Paro, Bhutan. Upon arrival, your guide will meet you for a short drive to Thimphu. Enjoy some sightseeing around the city this evening before heading to your hotel to relax.
Be treated to a full day of sightseeing in this unique capital city, starting at the Thimphu Memorial Chorten, a domed Tibetan style stupa built in 1974 to honour the King of Bhutan. Head to Zilukha Nunnery for a fascinating insight into the lives of Female Buddhist monks, followed by a visit to a Wildlife Sanctuary to meet the national animal of Bhutan, the Takin.
Continue onto the Indigenous Hospital, Textile Museum and Heritage Museum, before ending your day at Tashichho Dzong, a Buddhist monastery and fortress perched on the Northern edge of the city.
First stop today – Paro Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest Monastery), majestically hanging off the side of the cliff around Taktsang Senge Samdup cave. Learn about local folklore before heading to the National Museum of Bhutan to gain insight into the culture and heritage of Bhutan.
Afterwards, immerse yourself in Bhutanese tastes and day-to-day life with a visit to the Local Market and Farm House.
Say farewell to Bhutan as you board your flight back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to your hotel for your final night in Nepal.
Say alavida to your travel buddies this morning as you transfer to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights between Nepal and Bhutan are economy class with Druk Air, subject to availability
- Flights are inclusive of 20kg checked baggage per person
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 20
- International Flights
- Nepal Entry Visa – easily obtained upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance – compulsory to obtain entry Visa
- Tipping – approximately $150 recommended per person
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages