NEPAL: 14 Day Everest Base Camp Trek for Two
A once in a lifetime opportunity awaits.
$2,198Valued at $4,012
Get ready for a life-changing adventure as you trek across the breathtaking snow-capped Himalayan mountain ranges to conquer Everest Base camp, getting up close and personal with one of the world’s most magnificent wonders.
- 13 Nights of Accommodation PLUS All Internal Flights
- An Unforgettable Himalayan Trek with an Award-Winning Trekking Tour Company, Including Dedicated Sherpas and Leaders to Guide You through Your Journey
- Experience Himalayan Village Life, Enjoy Sunrise Treks with Panoramic Mountain Views, and Get up Close and Personal with the Mighty Mt. Everest
- 12 Days of Trekking Including Everest Base Camp
- 11 Nights of Trekking Accommodation in Local Guesthouses
- 2 Nights of Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu Before and After the Trek
- All Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- Airport and Hotel Transfers in a Private Vehicle
- Licensed English-Speaking Trekking Guides
- Porters to Carry Your Luggage During the Trek
- Duffle/Kit Bag and Sun Hat
- All Government Taxes, VAT and Tourist Service Charges
- Kathmandu – Hotel Gaju Suite or similar
- Mountain trekking – Local guesthouses
Owned and run by locals, staying in local guesthouses are a brilliant way to fully immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and gain insight to life in the mountains. Staying at local guesthouses not only enhances your Himalayan experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy that otherwise would not be able to benefit from tourism due to distance and remote location.
- Available for departure between 1 September 2019 – 31 December 2020
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Get ready for an adventure of a lifetime as you uncover the mystical beauty of Mt Everest on this incredible trekking tour to Base Camp.
- Feel the thrill and accomplishment as you ascend the Khumbu Icefall to reach Everest Base Camp, where you can look out over the top of the world soaking up your momentous achievement!
- Fly over snow-capped mountains and enjoy breathtaking views of the mythical Himalayas from above on your included internal flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
- Walk along the banks of the Dudh Kosi River to reach Namche Bazaar and Tengboche, crossing over exhilarating suspension bridges ornate with bright Tibetan prayer flags. Feel your heart rate elevate as you transcend over the stunning narrow gorges below.
- Observe a buddhist prayer session at Tengboche Monastery, and be enchanted by the peaceful recitations of 60+ brightly-clad resident monks while gaining an insight to local mountain and Sherpa life.
- Experience the sun rising over the mountains atop Mt. Kala Patthar, where breathtaking panoramas of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Pumori await.
Namaste, Kathmandu! Once you arrive, you’ll be greeted by a driver and transferred to your hotel for check-in. For arrivals earlier in the day, you’ll meet your guide and be briefed about the trek at the tour head office. For arrivals later than 4pm, you’ll be briefed at the hotel.
Fly to Lukla this morning. Upon arrival, your guide will brief you on the trek and introduce you to your Sherpas (porters). Explore local life and the mountainous views of Lukla on your own before descending down the Dudh Koshi River to begin your light trek to Phakding.
Cross the banks of the Dudh Kosi via suspension bridges laden with Buddhist prayer flags to arrive in Sagarmatha National Park, ascending up the steep trail to enjoy breathtaking views of the mountain ranges before arriving at Namche Bazaar.
Considered the ‘Gateway to Everest*, Namche is the biggest town on the everest trail and home to many restaurants, lodges and local shops.
Spend the day in Namche Bazaar acclimatising and adjusting to the thin mountainous air. Trek a short distance to a local museum celebrating the customs and culture of the Sherpa people.
Hike up the Syangboche Airport to the Everest View Hotel where breathtaking Everest views await you atop one of the highest-placed hotels in the world.
Trek to an altitude of 3,860m to Tengboche this morning, visiting the Tengboche Monastery to marvel at the ornate Tibetan wall hangings, a 20ft sculpture of the Buddha, local musical instruments and the robes of the Lamas. Gain insight into the Buddhist culture and life with the opportunity to observe a spiritual Buddhist prayer ceremony in the monastery.
From Tengboche, the trail drops to Debuche, crossing over suspension bridges on the Imja Khola, passing through thousands of Mani stones – stones carved with the words of the Buddha – en-route to Pangboche. Continue the trek uphill to the quaint Sherpa village of Dingboche where majestic views of Lhotse, Island Peak and Ama Dablam await.
Acclimatise to the atmosphere of the higher mountains today by taking a short hike to Nangkartshang Peak, enjoying magnificent views of Ama Dablam at the summit. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring local life at the village or unwinding at the guesthouse before your Base Camp trek.
Today the trail continues along the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier. Continue the climb towards Lobuche, lying at the foothills of the giant Lobuche Peak.
Brace yourselves this morning as you walk along the Khumbu Glacier and up to Everest Base Camp. At 5,365m, you’ll marvel at jaw-dropping views of the Khumbu Icefall with the majestic Mt Everest ahead of you.
This is the closest you can get to Mt. Everest without mountaineering equipment, and you may even see expedition teams preparing to conquer the summit.
Spend the morning climbing Mt. Kala Patthar, where magical mountain panoramas await atop the 5,555m peak. Mt. Everest towers directly ahead, surrounded by mountain giants such as Nuptse, Pumori, Chagatse, Lhotse and many others.
Descend back down to Gorak Shep for breakfast (own expense) before trekking to Pheriche.
Following the rising and falling trails from Tengboche to return to Namche Bazaar where you can sit back, relax and unwind with a hot shower and a good night’s rest after your adventure-filled Base Camp trek.
Come full circle today as your leave your trek where it all began in Lukla. Congratulate your trek mates on this tough adventure and take time to reflect upon your personal achievements. The rest of the afternoon is yours to spend at your leisure.
Soak up the last glimpses of incredible mountain views before boarding your internal flight back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a driver and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Feel free to explore Kathmandu at your leisure, marveling at medieval temples and basking in incense burning aromas and narrow alleyway gems.
Say goodbye to your trekking buddies as your transfer to the airport for your international flight home to Australia.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Those traveling alone may have to share a twin room with a fellow solo traveler of the same sex
- Excess luggage not taken on the trek can be stored away at the hotel, subject to availability
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $200 applies for those wishing to travel alone
- Not valid with any other offer
Internal Flight Information:
- Flights are economy class with Druk Air or similar, subject to availability
- Lukla flight baggage allowance is 15kg per person. Travelers can purchase additional allowance for USD $2-5 per kg
- International flights
- Travel insurance which covers high-altitude rescue and evacuation – compulsory
- Visa/Entry requirements – available on arrival at Kathmandu international airport
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, approx. USD $15-25 per person, per day
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek, approx. USD $350 per person
- Anything else not listed in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities – tipping is expected, but not compulsory
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages