NEPAL: 13 Days Himalayan Highlights Tour for Two
Watch the sunrise over the Himalayas.
$3,398Valued at $4,920
Conquer the mighty Himalayas on this incredible 13 day tour, where breathtaking views, emerald jungles and charming rural towns await at every summit, peak and bend.
- 12 Nights of Accommodation in Hotels and Local Guesthouses
- Daily Breakfast Plus Seven Delicious Lunches and Dinners
- Raft Over Rapids Down the Trishuli River, See Crocodiles on a Wildlife Safari and Marvel at the Majestic Himalayas on a 4 Night Trek!
- 8 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 4 Nights of Trekking Accommodation in Local Guesthouses for Two
- 1 x Day Rafting Down Trishuli River, Including all Meals, Equipment, Guides and Permit
- Daily Breakfast, 7 Lunches and 7 Dinners
- Porters to Carry Your Luggage and Equipment During the Trek
- All Trekking Permits, TIMS and National Park Fees
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Down Jacket and Sleeping Bag (To Be Returned After Trek)
- Airport and Hotel Transfers
- Kathmandu – Hotel Gaju Suite or similar
- Chitwan – Hotel Landmark Forest Park or similar
- Pokhara – Hotel Crown Himalaya or similar
Owned and run by locals, staying in local guesthouses are a brilliant way to fully immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and gain insight into life in the mountains. Staying at local guesthouses not only enhances your Himalayan experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy that otherwise would not be able to benefit from tourism due to distance and remote location.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 9, 16, 23, 30 March
- 6, 13, 20, 27, 30 April
- 4, 11, 18, 25, 30 May
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 June
- 14, 21, 28, 30 September
- 5, 12, 19, 26, 31 October
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November
- 7, 14, 21, 28, 31 December
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- An adventurers paradise! Discover sublime hidden wonders and glorious vistas in the great Himalayan mountains, encountering dazzling golden temples, charming rural villages and enchanting wildlife en-route.
- Tackle rushing rapids, and navigate your way through breathtaking scenery on an unforgettable Trishuli River Rafting adventure.
- Take a thrilling Chitwan Jungle Safari for a close encounter with exotic wildlife including rhinos, elephants, crocs and if you’re lucky, the Royal Bengal Tiger.
- Admire the glistening views of the the Himalayas reflecting off the tranquil waters of the Phewa Lake in Pokhara, revelling in the city’s relaxed lakeside charm.
- Admire brilliant panoramic views from the summit of Poonhill, as you wake up early to admire the sunrise over the peaks of ten different mountains.
- Enjoy a free day in Kathmandu, perhaps weaving through the narrow allies of Asan Tole to bask in the aromatic blend of burning incense, dried chillies and spices, stopping to admire the hustle and bustle of the city from the window of a local teahouse.
Namaste Kathmandu! Upon arrival you’ll be greeted at the airport by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Once you’ve settled in, head off for a pre-trek orientation where you’ll meet and greet your tour guides.
Please note that depending on your arrival, the pre-trek meeting may take place on Day 2
Get zen with an early morning yoga class before your guided tour of Kathmandu Valley, starting at Boudhanath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world. Afterwards, head to Pashupatinath, the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River.
Cap off the day with a visit to Bhaktapur in the afternoon, renowned for its traditional Nepalese wooden architecture. Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, where you can admire the spectacular fifty five window palace fashioned from brick and wood standing alongside a collection of shikhara-style temples.
Head for Charaudi this morning, the starting point for your white water rafting adventure through the Trishuli River. Abundant with impressive gorges and rapids, get ready for an action packed afternoon!
After you finish rafting, transfer to Chitwan, passing by picturesque hills and rivers en-route.
Grass seas extend out in either direction as you wander through the Nepalese woodlands today, embarking on a jeep safari through Chitwan National Park, playing eye-spy with the local exotic birds and wildlife – perhaps spotting storks, grey-headed eagles, geese and sunbirds.
Relax with a soothing jungle walk and canoe trip down the river, stopping off at the Elephant Breeding Centre to see these majestic wonders up close. Later, gain insight into the local customs and traditions of the local indigenous people with a visit to the Tharu Cultural Program.
Head for Pokhara this morning, a stunning city enveloped by panoramic views of the Himalayas and home to Phewa Lake, where views of the snow-capped peaks reflect off the glistening waters. Pass by rural settlements en-route, perhaps catching a glimpse into local rural life.
Transfer to Nayapul this morning to begin your trek upwards to Ghandruk, a local Garung village known for their unique dialect, culture, costume and traditions. Bask in local Himalayan life with a walk through the village, stopping to admire breathtaking panoramic views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre.
Feel free to visit the Annapurna Conservation Office and learn about the history of the Gurung people at one of museums in town.
Head for Tadapani this morning. Along the uphill trek, look out for white monkeys swinging from the rhododendron trees on the trail as you soak up the stunning Himalayas that surround you everywhere you turn.
Continue this morning onto Ghorepani, trailing upwards through countless stairs and dark lustrous forests. The plethora of waterfalls, tall trees and lush forests along the trail will make the uphill trek totally worth it!
Start your morning early with a sunrise trek to reach Poonhill and witness the majestic sky reflecting off the magical Himalayan ranges from the top. After descending, enjoy a well deserved breakfast before a walk down to the village of Ghorepani, lined with rhododendron trees, the sounds of flowing streams, birds chirping, clear skies and ravishing mountain views. Rest up in Ulleri for the night.
End your trek today back in Nayapul, taking a short drive back to Pokhara. The afternoon is yours to explore, perhaps weaving your way through Old Pokhara to catch a glimpse of city life before the traffic and tourists, passing along Newari houses with ornately carved wooden windows to reach Bhimsen Temple, exploring the surrounding square lined with stalls selling local arts and crafts.
Kickstart your morning with stunning sunrise views of the Himalayas atop Sarangkot Hill before descending to the hotel for breakfast. Head to Bindhyabasini Temple, lying in the center of the old bazaar, continuing onto the surging Patale Chhango (Davis Falls) and Gupteshwor Cave, laden with a huge shrine dedicated to Shiva. Visit Phewa Lake to admire the two-storied Bahari Pagoda standing in the middle of the lake – a shrine dedicated to the goddess Shakti.
Continue onto Seti River Gorge where you can marvel at spectacular river views from K.I. Singh Bridge at Bagar before travelling to the Tibetan Refugee camp of Tashiling, established by Tibetan settlers who migrated to the region in the 50s.
Soak up the final glimpse of the mountain ranges before driving back to Kathmandu, where you’ll spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Bask in the incense-burning aromas of the city, perhaps doing some holiday shopping at Indra Chowk square, sipping tea amongst the hustle and bustle of Asan Tole or checking out the Hanuman Dhoka royal palace.
Delight the senses with some local bites at a local Nepalese restaurant for your farewell dinner where you’ll be entertained by a traditional cultural performance.
- Internal Flight – upgrade your bus ride for an internal flight to Kathmandu (AUD $175 per person).
Say goodbye to your travel buddies today as you part ways, transferring to the airport for your flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Those travelling alone may have to share a twin room with a fellow solo traveller of the same sex
- Solo travellers can upgrade to stay in their own room for AUD $400
- On arrival, you will need to provide three photocopies of your passport and one photocopy of your travel insurance policy
- International Flights
- Nepal Entry Visa – easily obtained upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance – compulsory
- Personal trekking equipment
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities – please note that tipping is expected
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages