NEPAL: 12 Day Everest Base Camp Trek Including Helicopter Flight for Two
A once-in-a-lifetime trek through snow-capped peaks.
Get ready for a life-changing experience as you trek through Nepal’s wondrous Khumbu region, ascend soaring mountain peaks and get an up-close look at the mystical beauty of Mount Everest.
- 11 Nights of Accommodation Including All Meals While Trekking for Two
- Ascend Soaring Mountain Peaks, Cross Rushing Rivers and Stroll Through Quaint Sherpa Settlements
- Uncover Breathtaking Panoramas of Snow-Capped Mountains, Including the Mighty Mount Everest
- Return Domestic Flights from Kathmandu to Lukla
- 2 Nights of Accommodation in Kathmandu
- 9 Nights of Guesthouse Accommodation During Trek
- All Meals During the Trek
- Shared Helicopter Ride from Gorakshep to Lukla
- Porters to Carry Your Luggage During the Trek
- Everest National Park Permit and TIMS Permit for Trekking
- All Entrance and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guide
- Free Duffel Bag and Sun Hat
- All Government Taxes
- Return Airport Transfers
- Kathmandu – Gaju Suite Hotel or similar
- Trekking – Guesthouses or similar
Owned and run by locals, staying in local guesthouses is a brilliant way to fully immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and gain insight to life in the mountains. It not only enhances your Himalayan experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy that otherwise would not be able to benefit from tourism due to distance and remote location.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 14, 21, 28 December
- 25 January
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 February
- 7, 14, 21, 28 March
- 4, 11, 18, 25 April
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 May
- 12, 19, 26 September
- 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 October
- 7, 14, 21, 28 November
- 5, 12, 19, 26 December
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime journey through Nepal’s spectacular Khumbu region, uncovering the mystical beauty of its quaint Sherpa settlements and snow-capped mountain peaks on this 12 day trekking adventure.
- Cross the majestic Dudh Kosi River, walking over suspension bridges laden with colourful prayer flags and weave through Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park and Tengboche.
- Be awestruck by the spectacular view of the Khumbu Icefall from Everest Base Camp, soaking up your momentous achievement against the backdrop of the world’s tallest mountain.
- Ascend the black rock peak of Kala Patthar for truly breathtaking panoramas of Mount Everest, Nuptse, Pumori, Changtse, Lhotse and much more.
- Observe a soothing prayer session within the holy walls of the Tengboche Monastery, home to the largest Buddhist gompa in the Khumbu region and an astounding 20-foot Buddha statue.
Welcome to Kathmandu! Upon arrival you will be met by your tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
*Either on day 1 or 2, depending upon arrival, there will be a pre-trek meeting. During the meeting, you will be introduced to you trek guide and have the opportunity to get all your questions about the trek answered. Additionally, you will be provided with a trek duffel bag and cap.
*Make sure to bring your passport, three copies of a passport-sized photo and a readable copy of your travel insurance policy to the meeting. You will be asked to sign a legally binding trip form as well as a non-liability disclaimer.
Start the day with a scenic flight to the small village of Lukla, the gateway to the great Khumbu region.
On arrival, your guide will brief you on the journey ahead and introduce you to your porter before you begin your trek up to Phakding, a village perched on the slopes of the lush Dudh Kosi River Valley.
En route to the market town of Namche Bazaar, the largest Sherpa settlement on the Everest trail, cross the majestic Dudh Kosi River on suspension bridges laden with colourful prayer flags then enter Sagarmatha National Park, for breathtaking panoramas of snow-capped mountains as you ascend the soaring peaks.
Get accustomed to the air pressure at high altitudes with a short trek around Namche Bazaar, embracing thrilling views over the Himalayas and catching the otherworldly sunrise and sunset over the stretch of Khumbu peaks.
Follow the rushing glacial waters of the Dudh Kosi River to the rural village of Tengboche, home to the largest Buddhist gompa in Napal’s Khumbu region, the Tengboche Monastery.
Marvel at the astounding 20-foot sculpture of Buddha and observe a soothing prayer ceremony within the holy walls of the monastery.
After a brief decent to Deboche, crossing a suspension bridge over the winding Imja Khola River, resume your climb through Pangboche, a village lined with thousands of ornamental mani stones.
Today’s trek comes to a close in the quaint village of Dingboche, renowned for its pristine views of Lhotse, Imja Tse and Ama Dablam mountain peaks that catch the last rays of light every evening.
Turn your attention from Everest Base Camp to Nangkartshang Peak as you spend the day hiking to this excellent viewpoint, embracing once-in-a-lifetime, magnificent foot to summit views of Ama Dablam.
Return to Dingboche for time at leisure to stroll the village streets or unwind from your day of hiking.
Traverse the lateral moraine of the Khumbu Glacier, passing by stone memorials of climbers who have perished on nearby summits, on your way to the quiet settlement of Lobuche, perched at the foot of Lobuche Mountain which boasts two enormous peaks.
*Some breathing problems may arise today as the altitude increases.
Get up close to the tallest mountain peak on Earth, Mount Everest, as you ascend to Everest Base Camp, the final stop for those attempting the challenging climb to the summit.
Snap postcard-quality photos of the mountain peak above and be awestruck by the spectacular view of the Khumbu Icefall before ending the day at Gorak Shep, a settlement on the edge of a frozen lakebed.
Prepare for a morning of awe and wonder as you ascend to the black rock peak of Kala Patthar for a truly breathtaking panorama of Mount Everest with Nuptse, Pumori, Changtse, Lhotse and many more peaks towering alongside it.
Return to Gorak Shep for a delightful hot breakfast before boarding a scenic helicopter flight back down to Lukla.
Bid a final farewell to the Khumbu region and all the mountain peaks you just climbed as you board your short flight back to Kathmandu.
Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel and, in the evening, be delighted with a farewell dinner and cultural dance performance at a traditional Nepalese restaurant.
Say goodbye to Kathmandu as you are transferred to Tribhuvan International Airport for your flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 14
- Travelling solo? A single supplement price of $550 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- The return Kathmandu to Lukla flights have a maximum luggage capacity of 15kg. Additional fees apply for exceeding this limit
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu is approximately USD $10 – $15 per person, per day
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all clients
- Nepal entry visa can be easily obtained upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport
- Sleeping bag and down jacket can be hired for USD $25 per item
- International flights
- Travel insurance – compulsory for all travellers
- Nepal entry visa*
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking equipment
- Anything not listed on the itinerary
*You can obtain a visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. A tourist visa with multiple entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying USD $25 or equivalent foreign currency. A tourist visa with multiple entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying USD $40 and $100 respectively. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages