NEPAL: 11 Day Nepal Exploration Tour for Two
Where ancient temples meet buzzing city centres.
$2,578Valued at $4,522
Whether you’re rafting through rapids, marvelling at the Himalayan ranges or embarking on exotic wildlife safaris, everyday is a new adventure on this thrill-seeking 11 day tour of Nepal.
- 10 Nights of Accommodation with Daily Breakfast Plus Many More Delicious Meals as per the Itinerary
- 5 Star Accommodation Upgrades Available
- Raft Over Rapids on the Epic Trishuli River Over Two Days!
- Marvel at Majestic Waterfalls, Watch the Sunrise over Mt Everest and See Crocodiles on a Wildlife Safari!
- 10 Nights of Accommodation in Hotels, Guesthouses and Campsites
- Daily Breakfast plus 2 Lunches and 3 Dinners
- 2 x Rafting Days in Trishuli River, Including all Meals, Equipment, Permits and Guides
- All Admissions and Sightseeing Fees as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides for Sightseeing Tours and Treks as per the Itinerary
- All Necessary Permits, Taxes, VAT and Service Charges
- Duffle/Kit Big and Sun Hat to Keep
- Return Airport Transfers
- Kathmandu – Hotel Gaju Suite or similar
- Nagarkot – Local Guesthouse or similar
- Trishuli River – Campsite with Permanent Tents or similar
- Chitwan – Hotel Landmark or similar
- Pokhara – Hotel Splendid View or similar
Owned and run by locals, staying in local guesthouses are a brilliant way to fully immerse yourself in Nepalese culture and gain insight into regional life. Staying at local guesthouses not only enhances your Nepalese experience, but it’s an opportunity for you to support the local economy that otherwise would not be able to benefit from tourism due to distance and remote location.
- Available for departure one of the following dates in 2019:
- 9, 16, 23 February
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 March
- 6, 13, 20, 27 April
- 4, 11, 18, 25 May
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 June
- 14, 21, 28 September
- 5, 12, 19, 26 October
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November
- 7, 14, 21, 28 December
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Uncover hidden alleyways soaked with incense-burning aromas, ancient pagodas, rural Tibetan communities, streaming rivers and forests abundant with exotic wildlife on this adventure packed 11 day tour of Nepal.
- Marvel at the medieval temples, rickshaw filled streets, courtyard markets and buzzing atmosphere of Kathmandu, a fascinating blend of sacred Buddhist and Hindu landmarks and cosmopolitan hustle and bustle.
- See spectacular mountain sunrise views from Nagarkot, followed by a light trek through the lush Tilkot Forest Reserve to reach the awe-inspiring Changu Narayan Temple.
- Spend two days rafting through the magnificent Trishuli River, navigating your way through thrill-seeking rapids discovering breathtaking scenery along the way.
- Get up close with exotic wildlife including elephants and birdlife on a thrilling Chitwan Jungle Safari and bird watching tour.
- See the torrent of cascading water at Devi’s Falls in Pokhara, and embark on an expedition to the nearby Gupteshwar Mahadev Caves.
Namaste Kathmandu! A tour representative will meet your at the airport to transfer you to your hotel for check-in.
Start your day with an orientation and meet your guides! Jump on your coach for a tour of Kathmandu, starting with Durbar Square, a complex filled with ancient palaces, courtyards and temples. Continue onto Swayambhunath Stupa (The Monkey Temple), one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Nepal abundant with monkeys!
Head to Pashupatinath Temple as your last stop, a sacred Hindu shrine decorated with ornate pagodas. You can even see devotees taking ritual dips in the holy Bagmati river flowing beside the temple. Returning to the coach you’ll then travel to Nagarkot.
Experience spectacular sunrise views of Mt Everest from Nagarkot before embarking on an easy trek through the Tilkot Forest Reserve to reach the oldest temple in the region, Changu Narayan, embossed with rich artworks and pillars with ancient inscriptions.
Head to the nearby city of Bhaktapur in the afternoon, filled with traditional Nepalese wooden architecture. Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, where you can admire the collection of pagodas and shikhara-style temples plus a fifty five window palace made from brick and wood. Sights also include the Lion Gate, Golden Gate, art galleries and the statue of the King Bhupindra Malla. Drive back to Kathmandu in the evening to re-energise for tomorrow’s adventure!
Drive down to Charaundi this morning, the starting point of your rafting adventure. On arrival, gear up and spend the day rafting through the waters of the Trishuli River, taking in the spectacular natural scenery en-route.
Tackle the biggest rapids of your rafting adventure this morning before leaving the river behind and heading for Chitwan National Park. Upon arrival, settle into your wildlife lodge before taking a stroll through the local village.
Start your day with an early bird jeep safari, jungle walk and bird watching session. After breakfast, enjoy a 45 minute walk through grassland and forest upstream from the Narayani River. Climb aboard a local boat and observe crocodiles along the banks before cruising back to the camp for lunch. Enjoy an afternoon jeep safari and jungle walk, climbing up the observation tower before embarking on a nature walk accompanied by a boat ride.
Set out on a dedicated bird watching walk this morning before jumping on the coach to Pokhara. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel before spending the rest of the day exploring Pokhara at your leisure. Surrounded by breathtaking scenery, tranquil lakes, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls and markets, there’s plenty to explore!
Begin your morning with a visit to Phewa Lake and Bahari Temple, a two storied pagoda dedicated to the female goddess Shakti, located in the middle of the lake. Continue onto Seti River Gorge where you can marvel at spectacular river views from K.I. Singh Bridge at Bagar. Then, follow the river to Devi’s Falls, where the stream surges down the rocks into a deep gorge, before heading next door to Gupteswar Cave, laden with a huge shrine dedicated to the god Shiva.
Afterwards, visit Tibetan Refugee Camps, established by Tibetan settlers who migrated to the region in the 50s. Cap off the day with two museum visits, one depicting the traditions and cultures of the indigenous people of the region, whilst learning about the famous Gurkha Warriors at the other.
Drive back to Kathmandu this morning, spending the rest of the day at your leisure. Bask in the incense-burning aromas of the city, perhaps doing some holiday shopping at Indra Chowk square, sipping tea amongst the hustle and bustle of Asan Tole or checking out the Hanuman Dhoka royal palace.
Go for a morning bike ride down the northern side of Kathmandu Valley, zig-zagging through rice paddy fields and local villages. Your bike path and trail can be altered to suit all fitness types, with skilled riders perhaps taking the opportunity to ride down the steeper single tracks. The ride is 70km and will take 6-7 hours. Later, say goodbye to your travel buddies with an authentic Nepalese farewell dinner!
Transfer to the airport this morning for your flight home to Australia.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Not valid with any other offer
- Upgrade your accommodation to a 5 Star hotel for an additional USD $480 per person
- Solo travellers will be sharing a room with a member of the same gender, alternatively solo travellers can pay a supplement of $250 for their own private room
- International Flights
- Travel Insurance – strongly recommended
- Nepal Entry Visa – easily obtained upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu
- Tips and gratuities – please note tipping is expected
- Anything else not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages