MOROCCO: 13 Day Kaleidoscope of Morocco Tour Including Flights for Two
Tour this North African gem in luxury.
$5,998Valued at $7,424
Explore the ancient medinas of Marrakech, stand at the gateway to the Sahara Desert and traverse the famed Atlas Mountains on this exotic tour through the ever-changing colours of Morocco.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 11 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation with Daily Breakfasts and 5 Special Dinners
- Exciting Experiences and Tours in Marrakech, Fez, Casablanca and More!
- Return International Flights with a Premium Airline
- 11 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast and 5 Delicious Dinners Including Dinner with a Local Family
- All On-Ground Transport via Private Air Conditioned Coach as per the Itinerary
- All Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with an Experienced Tour Guide
- Casablanca – Novotel Casablanca City Center or similar
- Rabat – Le Diwan Rabat or similar
- Fez – Barcelo Fez Medina or similar
- Erfoud – Kasbah Xaluca Maadid or similar
- Ouarzazate – Ibis Ouarzazate or similar
- Marrakech – Le Meridien N’Fis or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 31 January
- 12 February
- 5 March
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 October
- 6, 13, 20, 27 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to Morocco! On your tour through this vibrant North African country you’ll discover bustling, ancient souks and medinas, tantalising Moroccan dishes, and awe-inspiring deserts and mountainscapes.
- Immerse yourself in North African culture with a special dinner with a local family – an exclusive insight into the regional traditions, local lifestyle and Moroccan hospitality.
- Chaotic and charming, the ancient city of Fez is a cultural tapestry, threaded with rich history, fascinating ruins and aromatic food around every corner.
- Stand in awe of some of the world’s most epic landscapes in the Atlas Mountains range; the Dades Valley and the Todgha Canyons.
- Where else would you find snake charmers, fortune tellers, jugglers and spice markets all in one place? Revel in a city like no other in vibrant Marrakech.
- While in mesmerising Marrakech, you’ll get up close and personal with its finest attractions including the Saadian Tombs, Jemaa El Fna Square and breathtaking Bahia Palace.
- Learn about life in the mighty Sahara Desert at Rissani and Ouarzazate. These desert outposts are as ancient as they are fascinating and are still inhabited by the indigenous population today.
Pack your bags and get ready for the trip of a lifetime as you board your flight to Morocco!
Arrive in Casablanca and transfer to your hotel in Rabat. You’ll have the rest of the day at your leisure to explore the capital city of Morocco, or relax in your hotel in preparation for your upcoming adventure. This evening, enjoy a cup of steaming mint tea while your guide enthralls you with information about your Moroccan escapade.
A ‘fortified palace’ of divine architecture, see some of Rabat’s exquisite and innovative design with tours of the opulent Royal Palace and ancient ruins of Chellah, the Oudaya Kasbah and the Hassan Tower. The rest of the afternoon will be free for you to enjoy at leisure.
Depart for Fez, and stop en route to visit the ancient ruins of the Roman city of Volubilis – home to wonderfully preserved original mosaics, the Roman Road and an intricate ancient city layout.
As you travel through the Moroccan countryside, capture snaps of the Holy City of Moulay Idriss and upon arrival in Fez, enjoy breathtaking views of this ancient city from a hill overlooking the medina. Enjoy a short bus tour of the imperial city on the way to the hotel and after you’ve settled in, sit down to a special dinner hosted by a local family and learn about Moroccan culture and traditions.*
*Local dinner in Fez may be moved to the following day, depending on the host’s availability.
Enjoy a full day at leisure to wander the old medina yourself, or choose to take the optional guided tour where you will visit the many hidden treasures of the medina that only a Moroccan guide knows.
The capital of Morocco for more than 400 years, this stunning city is famous for its tanneries and the Fes el Bali Medina, while the Attarine Medersa, Moulay Idriss mausoleum, and Nejjarine Fountains and Museum are also worth a visit.
- Full Day Fez Tour – Get an in-depth look into this ancient, enduring city (AUD $54 per person).
After breakfast, depart for Erfoud via the montane cedar woods of the middle Atlas Mountains today. You’ll swing past Ifrane, a charming ski resort, and Azrou, an important handicraft centre. Then, visit the gorgeous city of Errachidia and admire the dense canopy of palms in Ziz Valley. On arrival at your hotel in Erfoud, sit down to dinner with your new found friends.
After breakfast, journey to the small city of Rissani – nestled on the edge of the Sahara. En route, be enthralled by ancient fossils at a local factory and, time permitting, visit a local community centre and learn about the community first hand.
Later, arrive in Rissani. Set off on a tour of the lively souk, visit an 18th-century ksar and discover the ancient ruins of Sijilmasa on the River Ziz – once a bustling Berber city and medieval trade depot. Return to Erfoud for an afternoon at leisure, or instead, join the optional full day tour of the Sahara, including lunch and a camel ride into the desert.
- Full Day Sahara Tour with Lunch – traverse the world-famous Sahara Desert on camelback – and make sure you have your camera handy (AUD $137 per person).
Say goodbye to Erfoud this morning as you travel to Tinghir via the Tinjdad Road. En route, visit the magnificent Todgha Canyons, which rise to a towering 800 feet, and the glorious Dades Canyons, before continuing to Ouarzazate. Follow the road of the thousand Kasbahs – incredible mud-brick forts that look part fairy-tale castle and part sand-castle – and Dades Valley, renowned for its roses, before arriving in Ouarzazate for check in this evening.
The silent city of Ouarzazate – which translates to ‘without noise’ – is the door to the desert and your gateway to spectacular city sightseeing today. Walk in the Taourirt village, a still-thriving community founded in the 12th century, and the Kasbah Taourirt, an impressive structure that was built to house hundreds of people. Finally, visit Ait Ben Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This afternoon, travel to Marrakech via the highest road in Morocco, the Tichka Pass. This impressive landscape lies in the heart of the Atlas Mountain Range, a jaw-dropping formation spanning three countries and separates the Sahara from the sea.
Begin your dazzling tour of Marrakech at the 16th century Saadian Tombs, where Saadian royalty found their final resting place. Continue to the Koutoubia Minaret and the beautiful Bahia Palace. Finally, end the tour by walking through the medina, getting a chance to admire all of the different artisans performing their crafts before arriving at the Jaama El Fna Square.
Afterwards, enjoy the afternoon at leisure or watch an optional couscous cooking demonstration. Perhaps round off your evening with an optional horse-drawn carriage ride and dinner with a traditional belly dancing showcase.
- Couscous Demonstration – experience a traditional couscous cooking demonstration followed by lunch at a nearby restaurant and a visit to the Marrakech Museum and the Majorelle Botanical Gardens (AUD $96 per person).
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride with Dinner – clip-clop through the night lit streets of Marrakesh, ending up at a popular restaurant. A delicious Moroccan dinner is served while you listen to live music and watch a hypnotising belly dancing performance. (AUD $90 per person).
Enjoy a full day at leisure in Marrakech. See the bustling Medina, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and experience the vibrant street life of the city firsthand, or simply relax and take it all in because this will be your last full day in vibrant Marrakech.
Or, you could join an optional tour to Essaouira, an excellent example of a fortified North African town whose medina is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Essaouira Day Tour – Walk along the city’s ramparts just north of Moulay Hassan Square and view the brightly coloured fishing boats in the port from the Skala de la Ville. Cap off the day with independent exploration of the souks in the medina, selling everything from spices to jewellery (AUD $68 per person).
This morning, travel back to Casablanca, the commercial heart of Morocco. Upon arrival, enjoy a sightseeing tour, which includes the exterior of the Hassan II Mosque and the Corniche seaside.
Continue on a short drive to the city centre to visit the Mohammed V Square, the Habous quarter and the Notre Dame de Lourdes Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Please note: the Farewell Dinner ends around 10:30pm. Travellers with departure flights scheduled shortly after midnight may need to leave the dinner early
Transfer to the airport this morning for your international flight back to Australia.
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, or Qantas, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travelling solo? A single supplement surcharge of $1300 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional activities
- Anything not included in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages