MONGOLIA: 16 Day Authentic Mongolia Tour Including Flights for Two
Nomadic culture, rugged beauty and untouched landscapes.
$9,998Valued at $19,996
Live like a local on pristine natural plains littered with otherworldly ancient sites in Mongolia. This is a rare opportunity for memorable cultural experiences and nomadic encounters in the magnificent wilderness.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 13 Nights of Authentic Ger Camping, Including a 2 Night Local Nomad Community Stay with All Meals
- Discover Nature, Wildlife and Historical Ruins on Guided Tours of the Rugged Mongolian Landscape
- Enjoy a Restorative Soak in the Tranquil Waters of Tsenkher Hot Springs, Ride Horses in a Nomadic Community & Spy Your Share of Wild Animals
- Return International Flights for Two
- 2 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Daily Breakfast
- 13 Night Authentic Ger Camping Experience for Two, Including Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for Two
- All On-Ground Touring Transportation as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours & Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Local English-Speaking Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Return Airport Transfers
Ger is Mongolian for ‘home’. Owned and run by locals, the operators are fiercely proud of their nomadic culture, and staying in a Ger is a brilliant way of immersing yourself in the local culture and experiencing their tremendous hospitality.
A circular tent constructed from wooden frames and layers of felt or skins, complete with floor rugs and a stove for warmth, ‘yurt’ camping is a truly unique and humbling experience. Staying at these homesteads drives the local economy and is a great way for homeowners to share their culture with tourists.
Note: Due to the limited number of Gers per camp, 2 bed Gers cannot be guaranteed. Ger guest houses in Yol Valley and Bayanzag may have 4 beds per Ger.
Please note, Gers do not have private bathrooms, so passengers will need to use shared facilities and toilets with fellow guests.
- Ulaanbaatar – Grand Hill Hotel or similar
- Multiple Ger Camps throughout the countryside
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 21 June
- 12* July
- 9 August
- *A High Season surcharge of $380 per person applies for departures on this date
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Journey through the picturesque nomadic heartland of Mongolia, where you’ll get up close and personal with the religion and history of the local people.
- Visit real nomad encampments and experience authentic Mongolian meals with the locals on overnight stays in traditional Gers.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery, mountainous terrains and expansive views on a hike in Yol Valley, with the chance to spy a shaggy yak or ibex.
- Wade through magnificent sand dunes and get the chance to ride a camel as you enjoy the sublime vistas of Asia’s largest desert, the Gobi Desert.
- Explore the impressive Ongiin Khiid Temple ruins, once home to over 1000 devout monks.
- Live like a nomad over two days in a traditional nomad community, where you’ll learn to make traditional food, ride and train horses, and sample an authentic Mongolian barbeque grilled on hot stones.
- Take a dip in the restorative waters of the tranquil Tsenkher Hot Springs after a three hour hike of the Tuvkhun Monastery.
Welcome to Mongolia! Upon arrival in the capital of Ulaanbaatar, you’ll be transferred to your hotel to rest up, relax and prepare for an unforgettable adventure.
Stretches of rolling hillside and unforested grasslands, bridged by mountainous terrain will flash past as you venture six hours from Ulaanbaatar to Mongolia’s ‘granite belt’, Baga Gazriin Chuluu.
Upon arrival, you’ll get to experience Mongolia’s nomadic culture and tremendous hospitality as you make camp in a traditional Ger.
Your journey continues today as you venture over six hours to your next Ger camp in Tsagaan Suvarga.
A natural feat of limestone speckled with pale purple, orange and red, enjoy free time here to get close and personal with the 400m-long jigsaw of white cliff faces.
Please note, if passengers are unable to see Tsagaan Suvarga on Day 3, they’ll get the opportunity in the morning on Day 4
Enjoy the spectacular scenery on show in the Gurvan Saikhan Mountains today, as you embark on a guided tour of the Yol Valley. First on the itinerary, a visit to the Gobi Museum, followed by a hike through the valley.
Take a moment to catch your breath as you drive past far-reaching sand dunes and enjoy beautiful sandstone mountainscapes on your journey to the Khongor Sand Dunes. Known as the “singing sands”, these dunes create music as they snake across the landscape.
This afternoon, you’ll get a taste of authentic nomadic life in the Gobi Desert, as you sample traditional dairy products made from camel milk! Afterwards, admire the golden sands on your own or enjoy an optional camel ride for a unique view of Asia’s largest desert.
- Camel ride – enjoy a traditional Mongolian camel ride (USD $20 per person, per hour).
Explore the wilds of Bayanzag today as you encounter eerie beauty and awesome emptiness in the Saksaul Forest and Red Flaming Cliffs. Formed over thousands of years, you’ll be blown away by the area’s sandstone cliff faces, scrub, red sands, canyons and the archeological finds available here, from dinosaur bones to eggs and hatchlings.
Later, you’ll settle in for the night at a nearby Ger encampment.
Today you will continue your journey of the Mongolian Steppes towards the western parts of the Gobi Desert to Ongiin Khiid. Once home to thousands of monks, these famed temples came under attack in the 1930s during the Communist rule and now stand as a ruinous reminder. Spend some time exploring before continuing your camp for the evening.
Sit back with a good book or podcast today, as you wind through a seemingly endless horizon of grasslands, scattered with herds of semi-wild horses on your way to Orkhon Valley. Upon arrival, stay overnight in an authentic Ger camp.
Your gateway to pristine natural streams and otherworldly hot springs awaits at Tsenkher. Enroute, stretch your legs and have your walking shoes ready as you trek through dense forest and picturesque mountainside to the Tuvkhun monastery over three hours.
Continuing to the Tsenkher Hot Spring, enjoy a restorative soak in this little oasis hidden in the forested hills.
Discover Karakorum today, the once prosperous capital of the Mongol Empire and where Chinggis Khan set up his headquarters in the 13th-century. Later, visit the Kharakhorum historical museum and Erdene Zuu monastery.
Most of the monastery’s 62 temples have been reduced to ruins, so you’ll need a lot of imagination to capture the grandness of it all, but this unearthed city is well worth the journey. Afterwards, try your hand at making authentic Mongolian trinkets at a local workshop.
See Mongolia’s nomadic heartland today as you enter the vast, alien grasslands of Gurvanbulag country. Home to a large nomad community, you’ll live like a local over the next two days, as you ride Mongolian horses and play traditional sports, like archery, knucklebone shooting and Shagai.
You’ll feel like a true nomad today as you learn how to milk animals, make traditional food and dairy products, train fast horses and embark on a 7-8km hike through the neighbouring mountains and sand dunes.
Afterwards, watch how Mongolian cowboys catch horses with a traditional ‘uurga’ – a wooden lasso – and ride untamed horses. This evening, partake in a truly unique dining experience, as you sit down to a real Mongolian barbeque grilled over hot stones.
Przewalski wild horses grazing and winding hills on the backdrop of beautiful Mongolia await you in the magnificent Khustai National Park, a habitat for rescued Mongolian horses. After lunch, explore the park at your leisure, before departing for your overnight stay in a Ger camp.
Swap Khustai National Park for Terelj National Park today. Enroute, stop via the immense Chinggis Khaan statue, and visit the famed Turtle Rock area and the local temple of Aryabal after lunch.
Savour breakfast overlooking the sweeping grasslands, as you transfer back to Ulaanbaatar today. Enjoy some last minute sightseeing or souvenir shopping, before a farewell dinner with your fellow passengers.
Enjoy your final breakfast in Mongolia, before transferring to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Sydney
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane and Melbourne: $380 per person
- Flights are economy class with Air China, China Eastern, Miat Mongolian Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $180 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 4, maximum 16
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $700 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Gratuities and tipping
- Optional activities
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages