MONGOLIA: 12 Day Best Of Mongolia Tour Including Flights For One
$6,782Valued at $7,340
Ditch the tourist traps and uncover the mystique of Mongolia on this spellbinding 12 day tour, traversing through red soiled deserts, breathtaking wildlife, nomadic cultures and ancient landmarks steeped in rich history.
- Return International Flights for One with Daily Breakfast
- 9 Nights Accommodation in Hotels and Local Ger Encampments
- Live Life as a Nomad in the Gobi Desert, Retrace the Steps of the Great Genghis Khan and Travel Through Serene National Parks
- Return International Flights for One
- Includes 23kgs of Checked Luggage per Person
- 9 Nights of Accommodation in Ger Encampments and Hotels for One
- Return Internal Flights from Ulaanbaatar-Gobi Including 10kg of Checked Luggage
- Daily Breakfast, 8 Lunches and 9 Dinners
- All Transport as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Guides
- Daily Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Mongolia Visa Support Letter
- Travel Wallet and Travel Kits
- Ulaanbaatar – Holiday Inn or similar
- Gobi – Mirage En-Suite Ger Camp or similar
- Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve – Steppe Nomads Ger Camp or similar
Ger is Mongolian for ‘home’. Owned and run by locals, staying in a Ger is a brilliant way of immersing yourself in the nomadic life of the locals. A circular tent constructed from wooden frames and layers of felt complete with floor rugs and a stove, a ‘yurt’ camping experience is a once-in-a-lifetime must!
Staying in a Ger drives local economy and is a great way for homeowners to share their culture with tourists, which they wouldn’t have been able to do otherwise due to remote locations.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 13 June
- 8 July
- 1, 22 August
- 5 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Journey through nomadic heartlands and travel down roads less travelled with this incredible 12 day tour through Mongolia, gaining insight into other worldly plains, landscapes and wildlife.
- Live life as a Nomad with stays in Ger encampments and grab a feel for local Mongolian life.
- Take a step back in time with a visit to the red rock Bayanzag (The Flaming Cliffs), one of the world’s most historic paleontological sites. If you’re lucky you might even dig up ancient dinosaur bones and eggs!
- Wade through magnificent sand dunes on a camel ride as you enjoy the sublime vistas of Asia’s largest desert, the Gobi Desert.
- Play eye-spy with wildlife in Yoliin Am Gorge with the opportunity to spot the gigantic curled horns of the endangered mountain sheep species that roam through the national park.
- Journey to the incredible Bogd Khan Palace and discover the extraordinary treasures contained within its depths, including Buddhist artworks, sculptures, thangkas and more.
Pack your bags for a unique adventure to lands less travelled in Mongolia as you board your international flight for Beijing.
Arrive in Beijing early in the morning to catch your connecting flight to Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia. Upon arrival, you’ll be met by a tour representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Spend the rest of the day unwinding, recharging or exploring at your leisure.
Travel to Terelj National Park this morning, a serene national park abundant with magnificent alpine landscapes, granite rock formations and a tranquil river.
Upon arrival, visit the Meditation Temple and the gigantesque Big Turtle Rock, carved into the shape of a turtle by rain and water over the course of thousands of years. Then, enjoy lunch at a nearby Ger camp, before returning to Ulaanbaatar for dinner in a local restaurant.
Take an early morning flight to south Gobi. Upon arrival, head for the Gobi Desert, travelling onto the red rock Bayanzag (The Flaming Cliffs), a famous site for dinosaur excavations. Explore the sight at your leisure after lunch, walking through the rich saxual forest. If you’re lucky, you may even find real dinosaur bones and eggs!
Head for the Moltsog sand dunes after breakfast, stopping off at a nomadic camel breeding family at their Ger camp where you’ll explore the expansive desert dunes with a 1 hour camel ride before driving back to camp in the early evening.
Drive to Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park, known as Yoliin Am Gorge, nestled away in the Zuun Saikhan Mountains. Upon arrival, hike for two hours into the valley, playing eye-spy with chipmunks, birds species and stunning flora and fauna along the way before enjoying a picnic for lunch. Transfer back to the Ger camp in South Gobi in the early evening.
Take a morning flight to Ulaanbaatar and transfer to the serene Gun-Galuut Nature Reserve, home to many endangered species.
Stop off at the Giant Genghis Statue en-route, the tallest equestrian statue in the world and one of the most iconic landmarks of Mongolia. Enjoy an hour of horse riding around the nature reserve.
Drive to Mt. Baits to see the Argali mountain sheep, an endangered species of wild sheep known for its massive curved horns. You’ll also get the chance to see the White Naped Crane, Whooper Swan and countless other bird species. Afterwards, meet a local nomadic family to gain insight into local life and livestock tending.
- Kayaking (USD $20 per hour).
- Fishing – including rods and equipment (USD $5 per hour).
Head back to Ulaanbaatar this morning and check-in to your hotel before taking a tour around the key landmarks of the city.
Visit the Genghis Khan monument and the National Museum, displaying a fascinating collection of traditional Mongolian clothing and weaponry, while learning about the narrative of the Genghis Khan empire.
Continue your tour of the city landmarks today starting with the Bogd Khan’s Palace Museum, the residence of the last King of Mongolia. Afterwards, head for the Gandan Monastery, housing a 26m high gilded statue of the Buddha. Savour an authentic Mongolian lunch at a local restaurant before perhaps doing some cashmere shopping.
Enjoy a traditional folklore concert by the Tumen Ekh ensemble in the evening.
Soak up some last minute sights, tastes and shopping before transferring to the airport for your connecting flight to Beijing as you head back to Australia today.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Prices available upon request from other departure points
- International flights are economy class with Air China, subject to availability
- Flights from Ulaanbaatar to Gobi are economy class with Aero Mongolia or Hunnu Air, subject to availability
- Flights include 23kgs of checked luggage per person
- Extra taxes and additional airfares may apply for early arrivals and later departures, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers in Beijing are available upon request, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 1 person, twinshare
- Group size – minimum 4, maximum 30
- Mongolia Visa not included, support letter will be given by the tour provider. Visa cost is $230 from the Embassy
- Please note that all Australian passport holders transiting through China will need a transit visa
- Pre or post hotel stays in Ulaanbaatar are available for $260 per room per night including breakfast
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Mongolia and Chinese Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages