KENYA & UGANDA: 16 Day Gorillas & Wildlife Tour Including Flights for Two
Mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, the ‘Big 5’ and more await!
Home to vast lakes, winding rivers, lush forests and the majestic ‘Big 5’, uncover the true beauty of nature as you weave through Kenya and Uganda on this thrilling 16 day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Witness the Beauty of Africa’s Majestic ‘Big 5’ Amongst the Rolling Grassland of Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Roam the Expanse of Budongo Central Forest Reserve Where 700 Chimpanzees Swing Freely Through the Trees
- Return International Flights for Two
- 16 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 13 Breakfasts, 13 Lunches and 13 Dinners
- All Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Activity Package and Optional Activities
- All On-Ground Transportation via 25-Seat Expedition Vehicle
- Gorilla Permit
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Masai Mara – Masai Mara Camp or similar
- Lake Nakuru – Lake Kivu Lodge or similar
- Jinja – Eden Rock Resort or similar
- Masindi – Kabalega Resort or similar
- Lake Mburo – Leopard Rest Camp or similar
- Lake Bunyonyi – Lake Bunyonyi Overland Resort or similar
- Kampala – Hillside Plaza Hotel or similar
- Eldoret – Naiberi River Campsite and Resort or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 26 January
- 23 February
- 8, 22 March
- 3, 17, 31 May
- 26 July
- 9, 16, 30 August
- 3, 31 October
- 14, 28 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Traverse the thriving wilderness of Kenya and Uganda, exploring notable national parks teeming with exotic birds and hulking wildlife and a chance to witness the endangered mountain gorillas on this 16 day tour.
- From skulking lions and leopards to hulking rhinos, elephants and Cape buffalo, witness the majestic ‘Big 5’ roam free in their natural habitats at the spectacular Masai Mara Game Reserve.
- Be wowed by Uganda’s largest population of chimpanzees at East Africa’s biggest mahogany forest, Budongo Central Forest Reserve, where up to 700 chimps reside.
- Venture high into the mountains where the 650 endangered mountain gorillas reside and feast your eyes on these gorgeous animals, surviving with constant protection and conservation from locals and wildlife organisations.
- Once an expansive bird sanctuary, get up close to large flocks of flamingos, pelicans and a host of other bird life as you embark on a game drive of Lake Nakuru National Park.
Pack your bags for an adventure through Kenya and Uganda as you board your international flight to Nairobi.
Welcome to the beating heart of Kenya, Nairobi! Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check-in.
Depart Nairobi this morning and prepare to witness Africa’s majestic ‘Big 5’ amongst the expanse of rolling grassland at the spectacular Masai Mara Game Reserve. You will explore this sprawling wilderness teeming with stunning wildlife from the safety of a game vehicle.
Continue your exploration of the vast Masai Mara landscape with a full day to perhaps witness skulking lions and leopards, hulking rhinos and elephants, and more incredible wildlife roaming free in their natural habitats.
If you’re lucky, you could catch a glimpse of the famous Mara River crossing, where thousands of wildebeest migrate across the murky waters.
Leave behind the grounded wonders of Masai Mara for the astounding bird life of Lake Nakuru National Park. Once a bird sanctuary before receiving national park status, you will embark on a game drive of its rocky slopes and dense forests, getting up close to large flocks of flamingos, pelicans and a host of other bird life!
Cross the equator and the border into Uganda to arrive in the adrenaline capital of Jinja, famed as the origin of the iconic Nile River which flows from the waters of Lake Victoria into Egypt and the Mediterranean.
Stop at the bustling city of Kampala before heading towards today’s breathtaking destination, the impressive Murchison Falls National Park which sits on the banks of the pristine Lake Albert.
Explore this vast parkland, housing four of Africa’s Big 5, and marvel at the thundering rapids of Murchison Falls, otherwise known as Kabaraga Falls, located on the course of the winding Nile River.
Transfer to Masindi for the night where your guide will brief you on the following day.
Prepare to be wowed by Uganda’s largest population of chimpanzees at East Africa’s biggest mahogany forest, Budongo Central Forest Reserve. Trek through the opulent greenery with a tour guide and spot up to 700 of these beautiful mammals that call the forest home.
Close out the day with a boat cruise along the Nile River in Murchison Falls.
Please Note: Chimp trekking is limited to 12 guests per trek. Should there be more than 12 guests on a tour, the trekking will be split into morning and afternoon treks with the other activities adjusted accordingly. Please allow for flexibility.
Another thrilling safari awaits today in Lake Mburo National Park where forested gorges, rocky ridges and an expansive swamp and wetland system house lively hyena, zebra, impala, over 300 bird species and more!
Venture towards the most stunning lake in Uganda, Lake Bunyonyi, and gaze around at the abundance of bird life and otters that reside in and around the glistening waters.
This evening, you will be briefed on the day ahead as you relax among the surrounding terraced hillsides.
Spend a full day out in search of the endangered mountain gorillas and embrace the chance to catch a rare glimpse of these beautiful animals in desperate need of protection and conservation.
During your free time in Bunyonyi, you could learn about the culture of the Pygmies at Nyombi Village or uncover the staggering scenery and lush forests of Rwanda with a day trip.
Please Note: We prefer to make use of the national parks of Uganda but, depending on the availability of the permits, we may travel to Rwanda or the DRC, in which case you will be advised in advance.
Please Note: We allocate two days to gorilla trekking, however, we only spend one day on the trek. The other days are dedicated to providing a large enough window to obtain permits and to allow the entire group to see these beautiful animals.
Arrive in the dynamic and engaging city of Kampala and embrace the rich and colourful history evident through its architecture, people and vibrant gardenscapes.
You will be able to plan the day ahead once your guide gives you a breakdown of the activities available in Jinja.
Get the adrenaline pumping with a free day to make the most of Jinja’s countless adventure opportunities. Why not get your fix of white-water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking or horse riding amongst this gorgeous natural setting, complemented by streets lined with vibrant colonial architecture?
Cross the Busia/Malaba border post back into Kenya and arrive at the thriving city of Eldoret, situated near the awe-inspiring Great Rift Valley.
This afternoon, return to Nairobi where your safari adventure through Kenya and Uganda comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
Please Note: The itinerary for this tour is flexible and may be changed without notice to give the group the best possible opportunities for viewing the Mountain Gorillas. The Permit price to visit the Gorillas can also change without notice.
Please Note: We strongly recommend that you book at least one more night post-tour rather than flying out late this evening in case of any delays. We can help you in organising extra accommodation if required.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide
- Departures from Canberra and Hobart will incur a surcharge of $275 per person
- Flights are with Qatar, Etihad or Emirates or similar
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early or delayed departures, plus any applicable fare difference and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional Tipping
- Optional Activities
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages