JAPAN: 8 Day Japan by Rail Package Including Flights For Two
Explore at your own pace - no need to rush.
$3,998Valued at $5,020
Board the Japan express and zoom from ultra-modern Tokyo to ‘Japan’s Kitchen’, Osaka, and magnificent Hiroshima aboard the world-class JR system – known for its to-the-second precision.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 6 Nights of Excellent Centrally-Located Accommodation from Tokyo to Hiroshima, Including Delicious Daily Breakfasts
- 7 Day Unlimited Japan Rail Pass for Two
- Return International Flights for Two
- 23kg of Checked Luggage per Person
- 6 Nights of Centrally-Located Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast
- 7 Day JR Rail Pass – That’s Unlimited Travel on ALL JR Trains
- Tokyo – Hotel MyStays Nishi-Shinjuku or similar
- Osaka – Hotel Consort Shi or similar
- Hiroshima – Green Rich Hotel Hiroshima or similar
- 1, 8 November
- 7, 14*, 21*, 28* March
- 4*, 11*, 18*, 25* April
- 9, 16, 23, 30 May
- 6, 13, 20, 27 June
- 4*, 11*, 18*, 25 July
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 August
- 5, 12, 19*, 26* September
- 3*, 10*, 17*, 24*, 31 October
- 7, 14, 21 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Enjoy the freedom to explore Japan at your own pace with unlimited travel on Japan Railways’ transportation network, widely regarded as the best in the world.
- Your centrally located accommodation in Tokyo, Osaka and Hiroshima puts you in the perfect position to discover everything Japan has to offer.
- Spend three days exploring Tokyo’s dazzling cityscape – this city has so much to see it’s hard to know where to begin! Check out Shinjuku’s famous nightlife, take a day trip to Mount Fuji, or venture to the fashion-forward district of Harajuku for a taste of the alternative side of the city.
- Immerse yourself in Japan’s Kitchen, Osaka, with a visit to the buzzing canal sides of Dotonbori or wind through the historic Gion district in Kyoto on a day trip. A visit a karaoke bar is not to be missed and cat cafes are around every second corner in this bustling city!
- Embark on a self-guided walking tour of Hiroshima. Perhaps pay your respects at the Peace Memorial Park and Museum, snap a picture of the A-Dome, explore Hiroshima Castle or take a day trip out to the iconic, deer-filled Miyajima Island.
- Foodies will salivate at the abundance of gastronomic delights unique to Japan as you travel through the country. Sashimi, ramen and okonomiyaki abound – but there’s plenty more to discover!
Depart Australia on your international flight to the land of ancient traditions, iconic views and the exceedingly modern via a shortstop in Shanghai.
Welcome to Japan! On arrival, make your own way to your hotel and spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
Tokyo, Japan’s bustling capital, mixes the ultra modern and the traditional, from neon-lit skyscrapers to anime shops and temples. The opulent Meiji Shinto Shrine is known for its towering gate and surrounding forests and the Imperial Palace sits amid sprawling public gardens. The city is famed for its vibrant food scene, and the Shibuya and Harajuku districts are the heart of its trendy teen fashion scene.
To discover this neon city today, you will need to activate your JR Rail Pass Voucher. This can be done at any major train station at the JR Office and the staff make the whole process effortless with their excellent English. Once your pass is activated, you’re free to explore Tokyo at your leisure.
- Guided Tokyo Sightseeing – discover the must-see sights of this bustling city over nine hours by coach with an included cruise! You’ll see landmarks such as the Meiji Jingu Shinto Shrine, the Imperial Palace, Sensoji Temple, Tokyo Sky Tree and more (AUD $159 per person).
Step aboard a world-class Shinkansen bullet train this morning bound for Osaka. On arrival, make your own way to your hotel, before spending the remainder of the day at leisure, free to explore this ‘Venice of the East’.
The birthplace of ramen noodles, you’ll love discovering the buzzing canal sides, neon signage and delicate aroma of Osaka today, from the lively shop fronts of Dotonbori, the magic of Universal Studios and dazzling views from the bright red HEP FIVE Ferris Wheel in Umeda.
- Kyoto Guided Sightseeing – Spend the day discovering this old-world city with visits to ancient temples, including the glorious Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine with thousand of Tori gates, Arashiyama, the immense Sagano Bamboo Forest, Kinkaku-ji Temple (Golden Temple) and more (AUD $179 per person)*.
Set off on a Shinkansen to the beautifully vibrant and charming city of Hiroshima today, impressively reborn from the ashes of World War II. En route, you can visit one of Japan’s most beautiful and longest-surviving castles, Himeji, to admire a handful of the fortress’s 83 buildings and nine traditional-style gardens.
Upon arrival, make your own way to your hotel, then spend the remainder of the day is at your leisure.
Today is yours to spend as you wish. You could pay your respects to A-bomb victims at the Peace Memorial Park and Museum and A-Dome, or set off on a ferry to Miyajima Island. Home to throngs of friendly deer and the the iconic Itsukushima Shrine, this island is a must for the bucket list!
Say sayonara to Japan today as you board a shinkansen back to Osaka for your return flight home to Australia!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, I/F = In Flight Meal
“We are very impressed with our JR pass. The trains have been great and the staff are really great. We don’t speak any Japanese and they have gone out of their way every time to help us throughout our trip. We’ve traveled all over the country for the past 16 days and have nothing but praise for the whole JR system.”
“The JR Pass made travel so easy. If you are going to be travelling around to different locations like I did – Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima – the value for money is fabulous. Also recommend using the app to work out the rail system and when you can use the rail pass for local Tokyo rail trips. “
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Separate beds incur a surcharge of $120 per person
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $900 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional tours and activities
- Anything not listed under inclusions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages