JAPAN & SINGAPORE: 19 Day Discover Japan Including Singapore Stopover Plus Flights for Two
Immersive Japan and whirlwind Singapore.
$9,198Valued at $12,998
Ditch the tourist traps for an authentic Japanese experience. This incredible tour includes former Samurai residences in Kanazawa, the bamboo forest of Arashiyama, traditional shrines and temples in Kyoto, before three days of exploration in Singapore!
- Return International Flights on Singapore Airlines
- 18 Nights of Stunning Accommodation for Two with Delicious Daily Breakfasts
- Uncover the Breathtaking Lake Ashi and Mt. Fuji, Stroll Through Pristine Gardens in Kanazawa and Embark on a Self-guided Tour of Singapore’s Most Iconic Wonders
- Return International Flights for Two with 23kg Luggage Allowance
- 13 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation for Two in Japan
- 3 Nights of 4 Star Hotel Accommodation for Two in Singapore
- Daily Breakfast, Plus a Welcome and Farewell Dinner in Japan
- Bullet Train from Osaka to Kyoto
- On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Coach as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Experienced, English-Speaking Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- Osaka – Hotel Plaza Osaka or similar
- Kyoto – Kyoto Plaza Hotel or similar
- Kanazawa – Hotel Route-Inn Kanazawa Ekimae or similar
- Takayama – Washington Hotel Plaza Takayama or similar
- Nagano – Hotel Abest Nagano Ekimae or similar
- Matsumoto – Dormy Inn or similar
- Yamanakako – Hotel Alexander Yamanakako or similar
- Tokyo – Apa Hotel Asakusa or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 4, 11, 18*, 25*, 30* March
1*, 4*, 6*, 8*, 13*, 15*April
- 15, 20 May
- 3, 10, 24* June
- 19 August
- 2, 9 September
- 14, 28* October
- 4, 11* , 18 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $500 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Travel off the beaten path and uncover the hidden depths of Japan’s natural beauty, gorgeous architecture and distinct culture, before spending two days in buzzing Singapore on this incredible 19 day tour.
- Rub shoulders with the some 1200 tame sika deer that live in Nara Park, before exploring the buzzing canals of Dotonbori in Osaka. Don’t forget to take a photo with the infamous Glico Man sign!
- Stand in awe of the Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji), visit the 400-year old Togetsu Bridge and stand amid the soaring stalks of the Arashiyama Bamboo Sea.
- Learn about the life of a Samurai soldier living in the Edo period in Kanazawa, before strolling the traditional teahouse-lined streets of Higashi Chaya, once frequented by Geishas and their guests.
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking atmosphere of Mt. Fuji’s 5th Station. Here above the clouds, you can enjoy the tranquil silence of the snow-covered surrounds and views of the breathtaking mountainscape (weather permitting).
- Explore two of the world’s greatest cities at your leisure, Tokyo, home to the backstreets of Harajuku and foodie scene in Shibuya, and Singapore, renowned for its world-class botanic gardens and Universal Studio.
Pack your bags and board your international flight bound for the ‘land of the rising sun’, Japan!
Please note some flights may depart on day 2 and arrive late in the evening.
On arrival in Osaka, transfer to your hotel for check-in. Depending on what time you arrive, you may get the opportunity to explore this lively city on your own.
Nara awaits today. First up, the world’s largest wooden building, Todaiji, and its Great Buddha Hall housing one of Japan’s largest bronze Buddhas. Later, wander through Nara Park, home to over 1200 tame sika deer.
Returning to Osaka, visit the awe-inspiring Osaka Castle and embark on a guided tour of Dotonbori. Enjoy dinner here with your fellow travellers, before exploring the buzzing canals on your own. Don’t forget to take a photo with the infamous Glico Man sign!
Get your first taste of Japan’s ‘to-the-second precision’ as you board a Shinkansen Bullet Train from Osaka to Kyoto today. Travelling at speeds of up to 280km/h, this speedy train will get you there within 15 minutes!
Upon arrival, your first stop is to the dazzling Kinkakuji, a sun blinding ‘Golden Pavillion’ adorned with thin layers of pure gold. Then it’s off to the Nishijin Textile Centre for a traditional Kimono show!
Immerse yourself in Kyoto’s old-world culture today, with a full free day to explore the plethora of Buddhist temples, drink in traditional teahouses, climb through iconic, orange torii gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine and spy an elegant Geisha or Maiko in the Gion District.
You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time this morning as explore Nijo Castle, the Kyoto residence of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Afterwards, relax in the Arashiyama district and visit the 400-year old Togetsu Bridge, before standing amid the soaring stalks of the *Arashiyama Bamboo Sea. Once you’d had your fill of the nearby shrines and temples, you’ll continue to Kanazawa for the evening.
This morning head for the infamous Higashi Chayagai district, once home to traditional tea houses frequented by geisha and their guests, before strolling through the Kenroku Gardens, regarded as one of the most elegant gardens in Japan.
As a last stop for the day, travel to Nagamachi Bukeyashiki district, the city’s former samurai district and wind down in Omicho Market.
Spend today at leisure, perhaps learning about ninjas at the Ninja Temple or exploring the buzzing nightlife in the Katamachi area.
Leaving Kanazawa today, travel to Shirakawago to admire the 114 Gassho-style triangle-shaped thatched houses of the village, before continuing to Takayama.
A city in the mountains, Takayama retains a traditional atmosphere like few other Japanese cities, especially in the beautifully preserved Hida Folk Village and Sanmachi Suji. After exploring these historic landmarks, visit the Matsuri no Mori Museum. Continue to Nagano.
Exploring Nagano today, visit Hokusai Museum to see Hokusai’s most famous artwork, the ‘Thirty Six Views of Mt Fuji’. Afterwards, continue to Zenkoji Temple. Over 1400 years old, this temple is home to one of the first-ever Buddhist statues brought to Japan.
Then it’s off to see Japan’s oldest wooden castle in Matsumoto. Known as Crow Castle because of its dramatic black and white keep, enjoy mesmerising views and historical displays on each level. Cap off the day in Nakamachi Street to explore a plethora of shops, restaurants and traditional ryokans on your own.
Revel in the untouched nature surrounding Oshino Hakkai this morning, one of eight ponds fed by the melting snow of Mt Fuji, before continuing to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station.
Here above the clouds, you can enjoy the tranquil silence of the snow-covered surrounds and views of the breathtaking mountainscape (weather permitting). Afterwards, enjoy dinner with your newfound friends.
No visit to Hakone is complete without a visit to the stunning Gotemba Peace Park to capture breathtaking views of Mt Fuji and a cruise on the watercolour Lake Ashi. Fill your SD card here before continuing to Tokyo.
Eat your heart out today with a full day to explore Tokyo on your own! You could stand atop Tokyo Tower, explore the backstreets of Harajuku and enjoy the foodie scene in Shibuya. Or you could gawk at giant statues of Godzilla in Shinjuku and find your inner Otaku with a visit to a maid cafe in the heart of Akihabara.
Sayonara, Japan! Board your flight to Singapore today. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to the hotel for check-in, then it’s over to you for the night!
Discover what makes Singapore a bucket-list destination over the next two days, perhaps strolling through Singapore’s world-class Botanic gardens, exploring Little India buzzing with Tamil music or, if you’re feeling adventurous, venture to Universal Studios for hair-raising rollercoaster rides.
Alternatively, you could trek out to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve for an authentic jungle experience, perhaps crossing paths with a macaque or two.
Bid farewell to Singapore today as you transfer to the airport for your flight home!
B = Breakfast, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney
- Flights from Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore Airlines or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 6, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $2200 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages