JAPAN: 18 Day In Depth Japan Tour Including Flights For Two
Magnificent landmarks in Japan’s most iconic cities.
$7,398Valued at $9,998
Discover a different side of Japan, as you venture to Hiroshima, marvel at Dotonbori, admire Mt Fuji from Lake Ashi and traverse everything from well-preserved temples in Kyoto to the neon-lit Tokyo.
- Return International Flights
- 15 Nights of Stunning Accommodation for Two with Delicious Daily Breakfasts
- Discover Tokyo’s Neon Lights and Play with Friendly Deer on Miyajima Island
- Return International Flights for Two with 23kg Luggage Allowance
- 15 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and Two Incredible Dinners
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air Conditioned Coach and Bullet Train
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Experienced, English-Speaking Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- Osaka (Kansai) – Izumisano Centre Hotel or similar
- Hiroshima – Hotel New Hiroden or similar
- Osaka – Hotel Plaza Osaka or similar
- Kyoto – Kyoto Plaza Hotel or similar
- Kanazawa – Hotel Route-Inn Kanazawa Ekimae or similar
- Takayama – Washington Hotel Plaza Takayama or similar
- Nagano – Hotel Abest Nagano Ekimae or similar
- Matsumoto – Dormy Inn or similar
- Yamanakako – Hotel Alexander Yamanakako or similar
- Tokyo – Apa Hotel Asakusa or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
14, 29* March 5*, 12* April
- 10, 24 May
- 14 June
- 6, 24 September
- 4, 18 October
- 1*, 8*, 15 November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Uncover unique and hidden gems on this unforgettable journey to Japan’s most iconic cities, from Hiroshima’s Peace Museum to selfies with deer in Nara Park, ultra-fast bullet-train rides and Kyoto’s bamboo forest.
- Check out Osaka’s best eating spots in Dotonbori. A delicacy haven filled with buzzing canals and neon signs.
- Jump on a ferry to Miyajima Island for wild deer and shrines galore.
- Explore Hiroshima’s Peace Museum to pay respects to the victims of the atomic bombing.
- See some of Japan’s best castles, from Japan’s oldest wooden castle, Crow Castle, to the awe-inspiring Osaka Castle and elegant Himeji.
- Have your camera ready to go in Kyoto as you visit the iconic Golden Pavilion and otherworldly Arashiyama Bamboo Sea.
- Get up and close to Mt. Fuji with a visit to the 5th Station and a cruise of Lake Ashi.
- With a full free day to explore Tokyo, you’ll be able to enjoy your fill of sushi trains, karaoke and cat cafes.
Pack your bags and board your international flight bound for the ‘land of the rising sun’, Japan!
Please note some flights may depart on day 2 and arrive late in the evening.
On arrival in Osaka, transfer to your hotel for check in. Depending on what time you arrive, you may get the opportunity to explore this lively city on your own.
Set off to the charming city of Hiroshima today, impressively reborn from the ashes of World War II. En route, visit one of Japan’s longest-surviving castles, Himeji, to admire a handful of the fortress’s 83 buildings, nine traditional-style gardens and elegant, white facade.
Pay your respects to A-bomb victims at the Peace Memorial Park and Museum, just a short walk along the banks of the Ota River from each other.
Then jump on a ferry to Miyajima Island. Blessed with one of Japan’s three most scenic views, this charming city is home to throngs of friendly deer and the iconic Torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine, which looks like it’s ‘floating’ on the waves at high tide.
Explore at leisure, before returning to Osaka via Kurashiki, a city renowned for its Bikan quarter, an area of historic buildings along a willow edge canal.
Please note, the stop at Kurashiki is dependant on time and traffic and subject to change.
Nara awaits today. First up, the world’s largest wooden building, Todaiji, and its Great Buddha Hall housing one of Japan’s largest bronze Buddhas. Later, wander through Nara Park, home to over 1200 tame sika deer.
Returning to Osaka, visit the awe-inspiring Osaka Castle and embark on a guided tour of Dotonbori. Enjoy dinner here with your fellow travellers, before exploring the buzzing canals on your own. Don’t forget to take a photo with the infamous Glico Man sign!
Get your first taste of Japan’s ‘to-the-second precision’ as you board a Shinkansen Bullet Train from Osaka to Kyoto today. Travelling at speeds of up to 280km/h, this speedy train will get you there within 15 minutes!
Upon arrival, your first stop is to the dazzling Golden Pavilion (Kinkakuji). This sun-blinding temple is covered in thin layers of pure gold that reflects on the Mirror Pond (Kyoko-chi) to create the illusion that the temple is floating. Later, visit the Nishijin Textile Centre for a traditional Kimono show!
Immerse yourself in Kyoto’s old-world culture today, with a full free day to explore the plethora of Buddhist temples, drink in traditional teahouses, climb through iconic, orange torii gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine and spy an elegant Geisha or Maiko in the Gion District.
You’ll feel like you’ve stepped back in time this morning as explore Nijo Castle, the Kyoto residence of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Afterwards, relax in Arashiyama and visit the 400-year old Togetsu Bridge, before standing amid the soaring stalks of the Arashiyama Bamboo Sea. Once you’d had your fill of the nearby shrines and temples, you’ll continue to Kanazawa for the evening.
Explore the castle town of Kanazawa this morning. First up: Buke Yashiki, an Edo-era government house of the Nomura Samurai Clean. Then, retrace the steps of traditional geishas with a walk past former tea houses in the Higashi Chaya district.
Afterwards, explore the vibrant Kenrokuen Garden. A rival to Kyoto’s ‘historical jewel of the mainland title’, this 17th-century garden is home to over 200 gorgeous blooms and almost 9000 trees. Then it’s off to the Omicho Market to sample the local delicacies.
Spend today at leisure exploring this quaint castle town on your own.
Continue to Shirakawago today. Famed for the 114 gassho-style houses that have been relocated here, this quaint village looks like something from a fairytale with steep thatch-roofs and an evergreen forest backdrop. After spending the day learning about this unique town, you’ll head to Takayama for the evening.
A city in the mountains, Takayama retains a traditional atmosphere like few other Japanese cities, especially in the beautifully preserved Old Town, Hida Folk Village and Takayama-jinya, the last remaining government building of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
After exploring these historic landmarks, visit the Matsuri no Mori Museum and admire festival floats at the Yatai Kaikan exhibition hall, before boarding a bus to Nagano.
Exploring Nagano today, visit Hokusai Museum to see Hokusai’s most famous artwork, the ‘Thirty Six Views of Mt Fuji’. Afterwards, continue to Zenkoji Temple. Over 1400 years old, this temple is home to one of the first ever Buddhist statues brought to Japan.
Then it’s off to see Japan’s oldest wooden castle in Matsumoto. Known as Crow Castle because of its dramatic black black and white keep, enjoy mesmerising views and historical displays on each level. Cap off the day in Nakamachi Street to explore a plethora of shops, restaurants and traditional ryokans on your own.
Revel in the untouched nature surrounding Oshino Hakkai this morning, one of eight ponds fed by the melting snow of Mt Fuji, before continuing to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station.
Here above the clouds, you can enjoy the tranquil silence of the snow-covered surrounds and views of the breathtaking mountainscape (weather permitting). Afterwards, enjoy dinner with your newfound friends.
No visit to Hakone is complete without a visit to the stunning Gotemba Peace Park to capture breathtaking views of Mt Fuji and a cruise on the watercolour Lake Ashi. Fill your SD card here before continuing to Tokyo.
Eat your heart out today with a full day to explore Tokyo on your own! You could stand atop Tokyo Tower, explore the backstreets of Harajuku and enjoy the foodie scene in Shibuya. Why not visit the Meiji Shinto Shrine and fortified Imperial Palace? Or you could gawk at giant statues of Godzilla in Shinjuku and find your inner Otaku with a visit to a maid cafe in the heart of Akihabara.
Say sayonara to Japan today as you transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Welcome home! Reflect on the wonderful memories and friendships you’ve created on this unforgettable Japan journey, and start planning your next adventure!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $2100 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed under Inclusions
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages