JAPAN: 14 Day Timeless Japan Tour Including Flights for Two
Ancient history meets neon-lit cityscapes.
$7,598Valued at $9,998
Immerse yourself in Japan’s ancient history, culture and food as you wander through charming shrines, navigate bustling markets and shopping streets and visit your fill of World Heritage sites on this spectacular 14 day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Uncover Ancient Castles and Shrines Hidden Amongst Cherry Blossom Trees, Snap a Photo with Deers in Nara and Admire Mt. Fuji from Oshino Hakkai
- Return International Flights for Two
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation with Daily Meals
- All Transportation as per the Itinerary
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Return Airport Transfers
- Kansai Airport – Hotel Nikko Kansai or similar
- Amagasaki – Hotel Vischio Amagasaki by Granvia or similar
- Hiroshima – Hotel New Hiroden or similar
- Kanazawa – Hotel Vista Kanazawa or similar
- Matsumoto – Hotel Buena Vista or similar
- Tokyo – Sunshine City Prince Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 23**, 30 March
- 6**, 13** April
- 11, 25 May
- 8, 22 June
- 14, 28 September
- 12, 26* October
- 9*, 23* November
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak Season surcharge of $500 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Welcome to Japan! From postcard-worthy views of Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island to selfies with one of the 1200 tame sika deer in Nara Park and plenty of World Heritage Listed wonders, you’ll uncover unique and hidden gems on this unforgettable 14 day journey.
- Weave through a maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto and pass by the hundreds of bronze and stone lanterns to the Kasuga Taisha Shrine.
- Breathe in the fresh forest air of Nara Park, weaving through trails to reach the breathtaking 15m high golden Buddha at Todaiji Temple. Try to grab a photo opportunity with wild deer along the way!
- Be mesmerised by the snow-capped vistas of Mt. Fuji, with melting snow filtering into the glistening Oshino Hakkai ponds and stand in awe of the traditional beauty of the thatched roof homes of Shirakawago Village.
- Indulge in fresh local delicacies at Nishiki Market and Omicho Market, before splurging on a shopping spree at the trendy boutiques lining Komachi-Dori and Nakamise Shopping Street, picking up some souvenirs along the way.
- Wander the atmospheric Gion District, passing by lively bars, charming restaurants, traditional teahouses and apprentice Geisha.
- Explore Tokyo’s dazzling cityscape at your own pace, perhaps, wandering through Shinjuku’s famous nightlife, the trendy streets of Harajuku or unwinding at the evergreen Yoyogi Park.
Pack your bags and board your international flight to Osaka via a connecting city.
Some flights may depart one day later
On arrival in Osaka, you’ll be welcomed by a tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Bask in the beauty of the Kasuga Taisha Shrine this morning, walking under the iconically bright torii gates and continuing past the hundreds of bronze and stone lanterns. Stop at the Todaiji Temple, home to the largest Buddha statue in the world. Later, wander through Nara Park, home to over 1200 tame sika deer.
Afterwards, get amongst the aromas and lights of Namba and Dotonbori before admiring breathtaking views of Osaka from the Umeda Sky Building.
Tonight, indulge in a dinner buffet with your fellow travellers.
Travel to the 17th-century Himeji Castle this morning and marvel at the impressive historical remains dating back over 400 years at the intricate grounds of Japan’s largest and best-preserved feudal-era castle.
Wander through the atmospheric Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter, with historic buildings along a willow-edged canal, picturesque warehouses that have been converted into museums, including the Ohara Museum of Art and the Japan Folk Toy and Doll Museum, and laneways lined with shops.
Take a ferry to the centuries-old Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island for some postcard-worthy views of the famous ‘floating’ torii gate, spectacular Mount Misen peaks and rich forests teeming with deer.
Continue onto Hiroshima where you can pay your respects at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and visit the World Heritage Listed Atomic Bomb Dome, one of the few buildings that remained standing after the advent of the nuclear bomb.
The floating torii gate of Itsukushima Shrine is currently under renovation.
This morning, head to Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion), a Zen temple whose top two floors are covered entirely in gold leaf before getting a taste of Kyoto’s culinary delights with a visit to the Nishiki Market, a treasure trove of stalls, fresh samples and locally produced specialties.
Afterwards, explore the Gion District, winding through narrow alleys full of historic charm, traditional Japanese art and bustling boutiques, or perhaps stop by one of the countless teahouses for a hot drink.
Weave through the maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, located at the foothills and wooded forests of the lush Mt Inari.
Kanazawa awaits today. Delight the palate with fresh seafood, edible seaweed other local delicacies as you make your way through the lively Omicho Market.
Later, be wowed by heirloom antiques and artefacts of the past at the Nomura Clan Samurai House, a historic home with stunningly painted screen doors, displayed suit of Samurai armour, beautiful carvings and lush green garden with a tranquil Koi carp pond.
Stroll through the serene Kenrokuen Garden, teeming with seasonal floral displays, flowering trees, historical teahouses and secluded resting points, before admiring Japan’s oldest fountain.
Stop by Shirakawago Village today! A charming village nestled between mountains, you will enjoy some free time to soak in the spectacular panoramic views of the traditional village with its steeply-sloped thatched roofs from the observation deck.
Take a walk down Kami-Sannomachi Street, a wonderfully preserved slice of old Japan with traditional homes, merchant houses and sake breweries – you’ll feel as though you have stepped back into the Edo Period.
Stand before the imposing Matsumoto Castle, known as ‘Crow Castle’ for its elegant black exterior, and head inside to view the armour and weapon displays before heading to Arakurayama Sengen Park to snap scenic photos of and enjoy unparalleled views of the snow-capped Mt. Fuji and a vivid five-storey pagoda.
Afterwards, traverse over the bridges and pathways at Oshino Hakkai, taking in the glistening beauty of ponds fed by melting snow filtering down from the slopes of nearby Mt. Fuji.
*The visibility of Mt. Fuji is subject to weather.
*In mid-March, the parking lot at Chureito Pagoda will be closed off and you will need to walk up the stairs (approx. 398 steps) to see Chureito Pagoda. Alternatively, you may explore Arakura Fuji Sengen Shrine if you do not wish to walk up the stairs.
Up next, Kamakura! Visit the enormous Daibutsu (Great Buddha) statue in Kotou-in Temple before weaving through the hustle and bustle of Komachi-Dori Shopping Street and browsing the many trendy boutiques and souvenir gift shops.
Immerse yourself in the local culture and community of Yokohama as you explore the unique and artsy stores of the Red Brick Warehouse
Eat your heart out today with a full day to explore Tokyo on your own! You could visit the iconic Swallowtail butler cafe in Ikebukuro, maybe get lost in a world of electronics in Akihabara, experience the trendy streets of Harajuku and Ginza, or the evergreen Yoyogi Park.
- Nikko Day Tour – visit the centre of Buddhism, feast your eyes upon breathtaking countryside vistas, the sacred Toshogu Shrine and glistening Lake Chuzenji (AUD $290 per person).
- Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea – visit the happiest place on earth ($120 per person).
Relish in 360° panoramic views of Tokyo from the Tokyo Sky Tree, wander through Asakusa’s oldest temple, Senso-ji Temple, and splurge on a shopping spree at Nakamise Shopping Street perhaps buying traditional snacks and souvenirs like kimonos and bottles of sake.
Take in the natural scenery surrounding the Imperial Palace Plaza, including the Lotus Moat and Nijubashi (double bridge) before visiting Odaiba for a first-hand look at the venue for the 2020 Olympic Games!
Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner with your fellow travellers.
Sayonara, Japan! Your trip comes to an end today as you transfer to the airport for your flight home!
B = Breakfast, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, China Eastern Airlines, Hainan Airlines, Air China, Malaysia Airlines, Vietnam Airlines or Thai Airlines subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Business class upgrades with China Southern Airlines from $3000 per person, Singapore Airlines from $3500 per person and Cathay Pacific from $3500 per person, subject to availability
- Premium economy upgrades with Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific from $2500 per person, subject to availability
- Pre/Post-tour accommodation from $350/twin room/per night including breakfast, subject to availability
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 40
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1300 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- No child discounts. Full price applies
- Double room/bedding requests cannot be guaranteed. Twin bedding will be provided if request is not available. Triple share is not available
- Hotel rooms are often smaller in Japan than those in Australia
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Optional tours and activities
- Mandatory tipping of AUD $140 per person
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary (tours/packages)
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages