JAPAN: 11 Day Authentic Japan Tour Including Flights For Two
Walk in the footsteps of a Geisha.
$7,998Valued at $9,198
Ditch the tourist traps for an authentic Japanese experience. This incredible 11 day tour includes tranquil hot springs and bathhouses in Kinugawa, traditional shrines and temples in Kyoto, authentic Sake tastings in Takayama and more!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation For Two with Daily Breakfast and Many More Delicious Meals
- Uncover the Breathtaking Waterfalls of Nikko National Park, Stroll Through Pristine Gardens in Kanazawa and Admire Authentic Tatami-Styled Architecture and Decadent Gold Ornaments in Nagoya Castle
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Fantastic Hotel Accommodation
- Daily Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 6 Delicious Dinners as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air Conditioned Coach
- All Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- Tokyo – Marroad International Hotel Narita or similar
- Kinugawa – Kinugawa Onsen Hotel (Tatami Bedding) or similar
- Nagano – Matsushiro Royal Hotel or similar
- Hakuba – Hotel Oak Forest or similar
- Tonami – Tonami Royal Hotel or similar
- Takayama – Route Inn Grantia Hida Takayama Hotel or similar
- Nagoya – Nagoya Strings Hotel or similar
- Osaka – Kansai Airport Washington Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 18* April
- 16 May
- 25 June
- 30 July
- 17* September
- 24 October
- 7 November
- *A High Season Surcharge of $500 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Travel off the beaten path and uncover the hidden depths of Japan’s natural beauty, gorgeous architecture and distinct culture on this incredible 11 day tour.
- Unwind in a traditional Japanese Onsen (bathhouse) in Kinugawa. Melt away amongst the tranquil waters of the natural hot springs, floating against the backdrop of lush green forestry and gorgeous scenery.
- Enlighten your senses with the iconic artwork of Katsushika Hokusai at the Hokusai Museum in Nagano, learning about the influence of Japan’s most famed artist on the likes of Vincent Van Gogh and other seminal figures.
- Delve into Japan’s culinary delicacies with a Soba noodle experience in Nagano, learning how to create, roll and slice the buckwheat flour dough from scratch before feasting on your own creations for lunch!
- Learn about the life of a Samurai soldier living in the Edo period in Kanazawa, before strolling the traditional teahouse-lined streets of Higashi Chaya, once frequented by Geishas and their guests.
- Weave through the maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, located at the foothills and wooded forests of the lush Mt Inari.
Pack your bags for a Japanese adventure as you board your international flight to Tokyo!
Konichiwa Tokyo! Once you land, you’ll be greeted by a tour representative and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
Kick off your morning with a scenic drive to the ancient town of Nikko, surrounded by stunning cedar trees and majestic waterfalls, stopping to admire the extravagant wood carvings and gold leaf finishes of the Nikko Toshogu shrine. Continue onto the 100m tall Kegon Falls, set against the stunning backdrop of the Nikko National Park. Make a stop at the tranquil waters of Lake Chuzenji, before heading to the hotel to unwind at the hot springs in the Kinugawa Onsen.
This morning head to Karuizawa, weaving through the majestic highlands of the Nagano prefecture en route. On arrival, get to know local produce and artefacts at the Kyu-Karuizawa shopping strip, admiring the distinct European-influenced style of the town, once a summer resort to Canadian missionaries in the 1800s.
After eating lunch at your leisure, travel to the Jigoku Valley Monkey Park where you can watch wild snow monkeys bathe in tranquil hot springs surrounded by stunning scenery.
This morning visit the Hokusai Museum, home to the iconic artwork of Katsushika Hokusai including the seminal Thirty Six Views of Mt Fuji. Get to know the tastes and traditions of Soba noodles, learning how to create, roll and slice the buckwheat flour dough before eating it yourself for lunch!
After your soba experience continue onto Zenkou temple, one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Japan with a rich history spanning over 1,400 years.
Wind through the postcard-worthy Kurobe Alpine Route this morning, with stunning views and scenery transforming with each season. On arrival, travel through the mountainscapes via ropeways, cable cars and by buses, perhaps stopping at the breathtaking Kurobe Dam, seamlessly blending in with the natural beauty of the Alps.
Afterwards, make a pit stop at Mikurgia Ponds, marvelling at the pristine blue waters of the volcanic lake.
This morning head for the castle town of Kanazawa, built over 300 years ago. Learn about the life of the Samurai at Buke Yashiki (Samurai House) before strolling through the streets of Higashi Chaya, once home to traditional tea houses frequented by geisha and their guests.
Top off your day in Kanazawa with a visit to Kenroku Gardens, regarded as one of the most elegant gardens in Japan. As a last stop for the day, travel to Shirakawago, admiring the 114 Gassho-style triangle-shaped thatched houses of the village.
Start the morning in Takayama, a quaint town known for its Japanese old-town charm. Take a light morning stroll through the local food market, lined with stalls selling crafts, seasonal produce and regional delicacies. You’ll then visit Takayama Jinya – a historical government house, once under control by the powerful Tokugawa Shogunate.
Before enjoying lunch at your leisure in Sanmachi, learn about the tastes and heritage of sake at a sake tasting experience; a regional specialty due to abundant rice fields nearby. After lunch, travel through to Nagoya, learning about the history and future of Toyota at the Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology.
Spend your morning at Nagoya Castle, marvelling at the iconic shachihoko – a pair of golden fish ornaments nestled atop the castle roof. Bid farewell to Nagoya and say hello to Kyoto, walking through thousands of vermilion torii gates and lush forest at the the Fushimi Inari Shrine, perhaps spotting a wild deer along the way! Continue onto the buzzing hub of Osaka, finishing up at the Umeda Sky garden where you can enjoy panoramic views of the city by night.
Bid farewell to your travel buddies today as you board your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home safe in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- A single supplement surcharge of $2000 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from other states are available for an additional cost:
- Brisbane and Adelaide: additional $300 per person
- Perth: additional $500 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, subject to availability
- Flights include 23kg of checked luggage per person
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Optional tours/activities
- Anything not listed in inclusions and itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages