JAPAN: 10 Day Small Group Osaka & Tokyo Tour Including Flights For Two
Neon-drenched streets and tranquil mountaintops.
$7,688Valued at $9,048
Immerse yourself in the sights, cultures, tastes and stunning natural scenery of Japan on this intimate 9 day tour, getting to know this diverse country with a personalised tour guide to escort you through your journey.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Accommodation Including 1 Night in a Mountaintop Monastery and 1 Night in a Traditional Japanese Ryokan
- Soak Your Stress Away in Hakone’s Natural Hot Spring, Be Enchanted by Buzzing Tokyo and Eat Like a Local with a Mountaintop Monastery Experience
- Return International Flights for Two
- 8 Nights of Fantastic Accommodation Including 1 Night in a Monastery and 1 Night in a Traditional Japanese Inn
- 3 Breakfast and 2 Delicious Dinners
- 7 Day Unlimited Japan Rail Pass for Two – Unlimited Travel on ALL JR Trains, Including the Narita – Tokyo Express
- Experienced English-Speaking Guides and Intimate Personal Tours
- Admissions and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Osaka – Ibis Styles Osaka or similar
- Koyasan – Monastery Eko-In or similar
- Hiroshima – Hotel New Hiroden or similar
- Kyoto – The B Kyoto Sanjo or similar
- Hakone – Hakone Pax Yoshino or similar
- Tokyo – The B Ikebukuro Tokyo or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 9, 30 August
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Experience Japan in all its glory on this intimate 9 day tour, and let your specialised tour guide take you on a journey through the most authentic experiences, stunning sites and hidden gems of this incredible country.
- Take a majestic train ride up Mt Koya to an awe-inspiring Buddhist Monastery, and let the harmonious chanting of the monastery monks wash over you in this culturally rich experience, all while wearing a traditional kimono and feasting on local delights!
- Gain insight into the sobering events of 1945 at the Hiroshima Memorial Museum and Peace Park before travelling to the quaint seaside town of Miyajima, with its famous floating Torii Gate perched over the sea.
- Weave through the maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, located at the foothills and wooded forests of the lush Mt Inari.
- Get to know traditional Japanese culture with a stay at a ryokan (inn) in Hakone, and soak in some of Japan’s best Onsens (hot spring baths), trickling down from Mt Fuji. Cap it off with mouth-watering Kayaseki (Japanese tapas) cuisine on traditional tatami mats.
- See Tokyo through the eyes of a local with your experienced tour guide taking you on an intimate tour of your bucket list sights. You could visit the trendy streets of Harajuku, the evergreen Yoyogi Park and lose yourself in a world of games and tech in Akihabara!
Pack your bags for a jam-packed adventure as you board your international flight to Osaka. Make your own way to the hotel where you’ll meet your tour guide for a meet and greet. The rest of the day is yours to explore this neon-drenched haven at your leisure!
Depending on the flight schedule, some guests may depart prior to Day 1
Leave the city behind this morning as you head for Japan’s Buddhist centre, spending the night in a breathtaking temple at the 800m high Mt Koya. Take a train up the mountain, where spectacular views surround you at every turn before switching to the funicular up to the monastery. Eat like a local, savouring local vegetarian cuisine, shojin-ryori, for dinner while wearing a traditional kimono!
Observe the monks pray peacefully this morning, breathing in the fresh mountain air before travelling to Hiroshima. Spend the afternoon at the Peace Park and Memorial Museum, commemorating the horrifying bombing of 1945.
Take a short ferry ride to the sacred island of Miyajima this morning, where the famous floating Torii Gate awaits. If you’re feeling up, you could take the optional tour to Mt. Misen or spend your afternoon exploring this quaint seaside town. Watch out for roaming deer!
- Mt. Misen Visit (JPY 1800 per person).
Take the bullet train to Kyoto this morning and explore this breathtaking city. Your tour will take you through the ancient Nijo Castle and its lush garden surrounds, followed by a specialised tour of the gems of the Gion Geisha district by night.
Bask in the beauty of the Fushimi Inari Taisha Shrine this morning, walking under the iconically bright torii gates. The afternoon is yours to wander, perhaps indulging in Kyoto’s trendy boutique shops and craft markets, taking a relaxing stroll along the riverbank or weaving your way through Kyoto’s ancient temples.
- Zen Gardens of Ryoan-ji (JPY 500 per person).
Leave the city behind as you take a boat ride to Lake Ashino-ko, hopefully catching a glimpse of the majestic Mt. Fuji en route. Arrive in Hakone, a town renowned for its hot springs that trickle down from the mountain.
Spend the evening a traditional ryokan (inn), where you’ll feast on a multi-course Kaiseki meal, soak in a natural onsen (hot springs) and live life like a local by sleeping on tatami mats.
Soak up your last day in Japan with some Tokyo buzz. You could ask your tour guide for recommendations, maybe getting lost in a world of electronics in Akihabara, the trendy streets of Harajuku and Ginza, the grounds of the Imperial Palace Garden or breathe in the fresh air of the evergreen Yoyogi Park.
- Ueno Park Visit (JPY 500 per person).
Say arigato to Japan as you board your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights are economy class with Japan Airlines or Air China, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge will be applied per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size: maximum 16
- Travelling solo? No single supplement applies for those wishing to travel along. However, solo travellers will share a room with a fellow solo traveller of the same sex
- Travel insurance – compulsory
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages