JAPAN: 10 Day Kyoto & Tokyo Hike & Bike Tour Including Flights For Two
Cycle and hike through Japan.
$7,998Valued at $9,286
Ditch the tourist traps for an authentic Japanese adventure. Hike through Fushimi Inari Shrine’s ancient vermilion torii gates, cycle up to the Bamboo Forest and see majestic views from Tokyo Tower and more over 10 spellbinding days.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two with Scrumptious Daily Breakfasts and a Welcome Dinner with Your Travel Buddies
- Uncover Breathtaking Shrines in Kyoto, Stroll Along the Path of Philosophy, Past Pristine Gardens and Stand Before Kinkuji, Famously Known as the Golden Pavilion
- Return International Flights Departing Melbourne or Sydney for Two
- Flights Include 23kgs of Checked Luggage per Person
- 7 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast & Welcome Dinner
- All Transport by Local Trains, Subways and Buses as per Itinerary
- Bikes & Helmets per Guest
- Sightseeing and Entrance Fees as per Itinerary
- English Speaking Tour Guide Throughout Your Journey
- Kyoto – The Palace Side Hotel or similar
- Tokyo – Sunroute Stella Ueno or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 25 June
- 29 October
- 19 November
- 10 March
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Travel off the beaten path and uncover the hidden depths of Japan’s natural beauty, breathtaking culture and gorgeous temples on this incredible 10 day biking and hiking tour of Kyoto and Tokyo.
- Visit the Heian-jingu shrine, renowned for the massive steel torii gate, and Nanzenji Temple, a Buddhist temple hidden deep in the forest of the Higashiyama mountains.
- Weave through a maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, located at the foothills of the lush Mt Inari.
- Ride to Ujigami Shrine, one of the oldest shrines in Japan, and sip on Ginjo Shu sake at the Gekkeikan Sake Museum.
- Be mesmerised by the city of temples and dark forest that awaits you at the Enryaku-ji complex atop Mount Hiei.
- Bike through the mysterious Sagano Bamboo Forest to the glittering Kinkuji. Famously known as the Golden Pavilion, this temple is covered in thin layers of pure gold!
- Experience Japan’s world-class train system onboard a Shinkansen to Tokyo, followed by a ride to Tokyo Tower and the infamous Tsukiji Fish Market.
Pack your bags for a Japanese adventure as you board your international flight to Osaka!
Konichiwa Osaka! Once you land, make your own way to your hotel in Kyoto. In the evening,you’ll meet your fellow travel buddies for a brief orientation and welcome dinner.
Ohayou-gozaimasu! After breakfast, travel a short distance by public transport to Kamo River, where you’ll begin your 20km bike ride.
Kicking off your cycling expedition, you’ll stop to see the mesmerising orange Heian-jingu shrine, renowned for the massive steel torii gate at the entrance, and the Nanzenji Temple, a Buddhist temple forested in the Higashiyama mountains.
Afterwards, stroll the Path of Philosophy. Lined with a great variety of flowering plants, bushes and trees, it is a corridor of colour most of the year.
Weave through a maze of ancient vermilion-coloured torii gates and wooded forest to reach the Fushimi Inari Shrine this morning. Continue to the Gion district, famously known as Geisha district, via Tofukuji Temple and the 7th-century Kiyomizu Temple, a tranquil refuge perched atop a hill overlooking the city.
Then, the rest of the day is yours to perhaps wind through historic alleys, watch matcha being whisked in a traditional tea ceremony or soak away in a relaxing onsen.
Uji’s lush forested valley and fascinating historic sites clustered along the banks of the mirriortic Uji-gawa River greets you today. First on the agenda: Byodo-in Temple. A striking example of Buddhist paradise, this temple overlooks a serene pond.
Continuing to Ujigami Shrine, one of the oldest shrines in Japan, you’ll get to admire the unique nagare-zukuri architectural style, before cycling to Gekkeikan Sake Museum for a drop of Ginjo Shu sake.
Pop on some comfy walking shoes today as you trek 14km from the gorgeous Keage Incline, which turns into a magnificent cherry blossom canopy in spring, to the summit of Mount Hiei.
From the top, you’ll be mesmerised by the world of temples and dark forest awaiting at the Enryaku-ji complex, before returning to the base via cable car.
Travel to the western outskirts of Kyoto today to begin your 26km bike journey to the immense Sagano Bamboo Forest in Arashiyama, onwards to the Zen Garden and glittering Kinkuji.
Famously known as the Golden Pavilion, this luminous temple is covered in thin layers of pure gold that glitter spectacularly on the Mirror Pond (Kyoko-chi),creating the illusion that the temple is floating.
Boarding a shinkansen to Tokyo early this morning, watch as hilly woodlands and towering cedars morph into dazzling skyscrapers – you might even glimpse Mt. Fuji!
On arrival, you’ll take a local train to your bike starting point, riding to the bright orange, 1958-vintage Tokyo Tower and ascend to the summit for spectacular, panoramic vistas. Afterwards, it’s off to the infamous Tsukiji Fish Market, where you may get to sample fresh sashimi and local seafood delicacies (own expense).
Hopping back on your bike, you’ll head to the man-made Odaiba Island, famous for the Rainbow Bridge and iconic Statue of Liberty. Then it’s over to you for the rest of the day!
Bid farewell to your travel buddies today as you check-out after breakfast and make your own way to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights are economy class with China Southern, subject to availability
- Flights include 23kgs of checked luggage per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $250 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 12
- Triple share not available
- No child discounts available. Full fares apply
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1330 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport transfers
- Tipping – not compulsory
- Anything not in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages