ITALY: 19 Day Highlights of Italy Tour Including Flights for Two (Standard Airline)
Enlighten your senses with an Italian adventure.
$8,398Valued at $11,998
Uncover iconic hotspots and best kept regional secrets on this mind blowing 19 day tour. From awe-inspiring cathedrals in Rome to stunning piazzas in Florence, gorgeous Tuscan olive groves and the limestone caves of Matera, get ready to indulge your senses with the sights, colours, tastes and cultures of Italy.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 16 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation, Including Daily Breakfast for Two and Lots of Delicious Dinners
- Be Swept Away By Renaissance Art and Architecture in Florence, the Exquisite Mediterranean Tastes of Sicily, and Canal-lined Marble Beauty in Venice.
- Return International Flights for Two with Your Choice of a Standard or Premium Airline
- 16 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast Plus Many More Delicious Meals
- All Transportation in Air Conditioned Vehicles as per the Itinerary
- All Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides Throughout Your Journey
- Rome – Hotel Cristoforo Colombo or similar
- Venice – Elite Hotel Residence or similar
- Florence – Hotel Montebello or similar
- Sorrento – Hotel Giosue a Mare or similar
- Alberobello – Hotel Colle del Sole or similar
- Taormina – Hotel Albatros or similar
- Agrigento – Hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace or similar
- Palermo – Hotel Athenaeum or similar
On a budget? Fly with China Eastern or China Southern for a comfortable journey to your Europe escape that’s more focussed on value.
Love a little extra luxury? The Premium Airline packages fly with Qatar, Cathay Pacific or Etihad Airlines. Perfect for those looking to enjoy the finer things in life from the moment they hit the airport.
All airlines are subject to availability. When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred flight package from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 4, 25 May
- 8 June
- 31 August
- 28 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Whether you’re admiring Renaissance art in Florence, traversing ancient ruins in Rome, lazing away under the Amalfi sun or indulging in exquisite Sicilian delicacies, uncover the best Italy has on offer on this incredible 19 day tour.
- Watch the hustle and bustle of Rome fly by while eating gelato on the Spanish Steps, marveling at the city’s stunning gothic architecture and beautiful piazzas.
- Be enamoured with the breathtaking canal-lined streets, marble architecture and hidden lagoons of Venice, perhaps enjoying an afternoon tipple at a canal-side wine bar at your own leisure.
- Cross over the postcard-worthy Ponte Vecchio marble archway in Florence before admiring Michelangelo’s breathtaking masterpiece, David.
- Explore the pastel-hued fishing towns of Cinque Terre that sit perched above the Italian Riviera, uncovering vine-walled hidden gems by foot with snaking trails that connect these picturesque towns.
- Tick the Leaning Tower of Pisa off your bucket list with an iconic photo alongside this architectural marvel.
- Melt away under the Sicilian sun, uncovering mountainous landscapes, turquoise Mediterranean shorelines and exquisite seaside delicacies in Taormina, Agrigento and Palermo.
Pack your bags and get your passports ready for an adventure of a lifetime filled with good food, wine and great company as you board your international flight to Rome.
Benvenuti a Roma! Make your own way to the hotel for check-in where you will meet-and-greet your fellow travel buddies with a delicious welcome dinner. If you arrive early enough, feel free to explore Rome at your own leisure this afternoon. Perhaps kick off your Italian adventure by visiting the architectural haven of Rome – Quartiere Coppede, adorned with Florentine towers, Venetian palazzi and an ancient sundial.
This morning you’ll take a guided walking tour of Rome’s key landmarks and hotspots, crossing between renaissance art, lively streets, ancient ruins and stunning architecture. Watch the buzzing streets of the Piazza di Spagna go by while sitting on the Spanish Steps, before tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain for good luck. You’ll then visit the impressive sprawl of ancient basilica and piazza ruins at the Roman Forum, before being enamoured by the beautiful dome inside the Pantheon.
- Vatican City Tour – Walk through the world’s smallest sovereign state and marvel at some of Italy’s most revered artwork, opulent architecture (including the famed Sistine Chapel) and beautiful marble halls (€75).
Leaving the grandeur of Rome behind this morning, you’ll travel through Umbria en route to Venice. Known as Italy’s ‘green heart’, Umbria is home to some of the freshest produce in Italy, authentic cuisine and beautiful green mountainscapes, eventually stopping off at stunningly perched Orvieto.
Explore Orvieto at your own leisure, perhaps admiring the Gothic-delight of the Duomo di Orvieto, or exploring ancient wartime underground tunnels. You’ll then continue onto Venice, where you’ll be greeted at the hotel for check-in.
Viva la Venice! Enjoy marble palaces, lagoons and unbelievable grandeur at your own pace today. Perhaps begin your day admiring the marble-clad Basilica di San Marco, before venturing to San Giorgio in Alga, an abandoned island that was once home to a radical monastery, a political prison and a secret Nazi base in WWII.
Take the opportunity to visit one of the city’s many bacari – wine bars during happy hour to sample lavish spreads of cicheti – Venetian tapas, sarde in saor – sweet and sour sardines and sip on some prosecco bubbly.
- Murano, Burano and Lagoon Tour – Famous for bright houses canal-lined houses and a rich glass art heritage, experience the beauty of Murano and Burano (€45).
- Gondola Ride – No trip to Venice is complete without a gondola ride down the world’s most famous canals (€20).
- Venice by Night – See key Venice hotspots, gorgeous Renaissance art works and charming bridges in a whole different light with this nighttime tour (€30).
Say goodbye to Venice this morning as you make your way to Florence, stopping off at the pristine crystal waters and beautiful Dolomites mountainscapes of Lake Garda. You’ll then arrive in enchanting Florence, kicking off the day with a guided tour.
Sights include the medieval stone Ponte Vecchio arch bridge, the renaissance chambers, paintings and ruins of the Palazzo Vecchio, the iconic red-capped Duomo, the neo-Gothic Basilica di Santa Croce, and Michaelangelo’s breathtaking masterpiece, David. After the tour, you’ll then be taken to your Tuscan accommodation for check-in.
You’ll make your way this morning to La Spezia, the gateway to the five pastel-hued fishing villages of Cinque Terre, perched alongside the Italian riviera. Explore these village’s stunning harbours and vine lined streets via linking hiking trails that give you access to all the villages by foot. After your afternoon of exploration, you’ll head back to Tuscany via a stop off at the famed Leaning Tower of Pisa for a photo opportunity.
This morning you’ll drive through the stunning Tuscan countryside, filled with rustic farmhouses, gorgeous vineyards and olive groves before stopping at San Gimigano. Known for its skyline of medieval towers, San Gimigano is a Romanesque and Gothic architectural haven. You’ll then make your way to Siena, home to the world-famous biannual Palio horse race.
Indulge your senses with a wine tasting and antipasto of the best drops of the region, before heading back to Rome for a beautiful, authentic Italian dinner.
Welcome back to Rome! Spend the morning going at your own pace. Take some time to sample exquisite delicacies in the Jewish Ghetto, the tiny osterias of Trastevere, and mouth-watering pizza in Prati-Vatican Trionfale. After your afternoon of exploration, you’ll go on a guided tour of Rome’s essentials by night, visiting the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navoni and the Pantheon before enjoying world-famous fettuccine at Ristorante Alfredo Alla Scrofa.
Say goodbye to Rome this morning and hello to Sorrento peninsula, the gateway to the Amalfi coast. Stop off at the foothills of the mythical Mount Vesuvius, exploring the volcanic-crushed ancient ruins of Pompeii. You’ll then make your way to Sorrento for a gorgeous dinner, topped off with a cold limoncello – a sweet lemon liqueur.
Enjoy gorgeous Sorrento at your own pace today. Perhaps take a stroll through the Piazza Tasso and waltz past snaking palatial hotels before sampling delicious gnocchi alla sorrentina and unbelievably fresh seafood at one of the town’s many restaurants. If you’re in need of a recharge, venture down to the beaches of the Sorrentine Peninsula and float away in their crystal blue waters.
- Isle of Capri Tour – Explore the rugged coastline, ancient Roman ruins and stunning piazzas of the Isle of Capri (€70).
This morning you’ll head east to the Apulia, stopping in the ancient cave city of Matera along the way. Known as “la Citta Sotterranea” – the Subterranean City, Matera is famed for its natural caves in tufa limestone cave dwellings.
After some Matera exploration, you’ll make your way to Alberobello, starting with a guided tour of the region’s most famous trullo – beehive-shaped houses. Spend the afternoon exploring Alberobello at your own pace, maybe following the steps up to Piazza del Popolo to admire breathtaking views of this gorgeous town and the Ionian Sea.
Take a coastal drive along the Ionian Sea this morning before jumping on a ferry to the dazzling Mediterranean island haven of Sicily, eventually making your way up to Taormina. Upon arrival, you’ll kickstart your Sicilian adventure with an orientation tour of this hilltop town, walking along the stunning Porta Catania and the lush Villa Communale. Top off your day with an authentic Sicilian dinner at a beachside hotel.
Explore Taormina at your own pace today, perhaps checking out Teatro Greco ruins, a horseshoe-shaped theatre with a picturesque view of Mt Edna looming in the horizon. Feeling like an adventure? Trek to the top of Monte Tauro, where breathtaking panoramic views of the Mediterranean, Mt Edna and the rooftops of Taormina await. Top off your day with a glass of castelmola almond wine and fresh octopus salad. Alternatively, you can melt away on one of many coastal beaches.
- Godfather Tour – See all the sights and Sicilian backdrops of the Godfather movies, learn about the history of the famed regional mafia and top it off with an authentic Sicilian lunch with this tour of Forza d’Agro village (€99).
- Taormina Boat Cruise – Glide along the mediterranean to soak up breathtaking views of Taormina by sea, drifting off into the crystal blue horizon (€25).
- Taormina Sunset Cruise – Experience the gorgeous Mediterranean sun disappearing into the emerald blue seascape followed by a delicious Sicilian dinner on this unmissable sunset cruise (€60).
- Taormina Taste of the Mediterranean – Sample the exquisite delicacies of the island with an authentic Sicilian dining experience (€35).
Today you’ll drive through the heart of Sicily to Agrigento, stopping off at Catania along the way, lying at the foothills of Mt Edna. You’ll then continue onto Agrigento, stopping to admire the Valle dei Templi – Valley of the Temples, one of the most stunning preserved sites of Greek civilisation in the world. You’ll then be taken to your hotel for check-in.
Enjoy a beautiful morning drive along the Western tip of Sicily to the island’s capital, Palermo, stopping off at the wine-heavy village of Marsala along the way. Arriving early in the afternoon, you’ll start with a walking tour of the city. Be enamoured with the beauty of San Giovanni degli Eremiti church and Piazza Indipendenza, admire the geometric patterns and arches of Cattedrale di Palermo, and stroll through the triumphal arches of the Porta Nuova.
Explore Palermo at your own pace today, perhaps starting your day with a visit to the Cappella Palatina chapel to admire it’s glittering gold mosaics, before maybe checking out the Santuario di Santi Rosalia, a cave shrine on Monte Pellegrino. Sicily is foodie haven, so be sure to sample Sicilian delicacies like Cannolo pastry, Crocche potato, Panelle fritters and Torta Setteveli cake!
After a day of exploration, you’ll board an overnight ferry to take you back to the mainland.
Say arrivederci to your travel buddies this morning as you disembark in Naples, where you’ll be transferred back to Rome to board your international flight home to Australia.
Arrive home safe in Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- A single supplement surcharge of $1470 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Flights are economy with China Eastern or China Southern, subject to availability.
- Flights are with Qatar, Cathay Pacific or Etihad Airlines, subject to availability.
- All flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Adelaide
- All flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available on request
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Tipping/gratuities – recommended at approx. $15 AUD per person, per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages