INDOCHINA: 21 Day Best of Indochina Tour Including Flights for Two
The Indochina trifecta: Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam!
$6,998Valued at $12,590
From breathtaking sunsets at the Angkor Temples in Cambodia and mesmerising caves filled with hundreds of thousands of Buddhas in Laos, to limestone island heaven in Halong Bay – this fusion adventure showcases the best Indochina has to offer!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 19 Nights of Relaxing Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast, Plus an Overnight Cruise in Halong Bay
- Brilliant Natural Wonders and UNESCO Cultural Gems from Phnom Penh and Luang Prabang to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Return International Flights for Two
- All Internal Flights as per the Itinerary
- 19 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Overnight Halong Bay Cruise for Two with All Meals
- Daily Breakfast, 2 Lunches and 1 Divine Dinner
- On-Ground Transportation via Air Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Entrance Fees and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Local English Speaking Guides Every Step of the Way
- Phnom Penh – V Hotel Phnom Penh or similar
- Siem Reap – Popular Residence or similar
- Luang Prabang – Villa Chitdara or similar
- Hanoi – May De Ville City Center II or similar
- Halong Bay – Oriental Sails or similar
- Hoi An – Lotus Hoi An Boutique Hotel & Spa or similar
- Saigon – Bloom Hotel Saigon or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 26*, 20* March
- 4*, 18* April
- 6, 20 May
- 9, 15, 29 June
- 4, 18 July
- 8, 14, 28 August
- 4, 18, 26 September
- 3*, 16*, 30* October
- 6*, 20*, 28* November
- *A High Season surcharge of $200 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Every day is a new adventure on this spellbinding Indochina getaway, as you witness the ancient wonder of the Angkor Temples, sprawling beauty of Vietnam and mighty Mekong River!
- Experience the sobering Tuol Sleng Museum and Killing Fields in Cambodia – the site of Pol Pot’s Khmer Rouge regime.
- Wander through the mesmerising Tham Pak Ou Caves. This enormous limestone cavern is host to hundreds of thousands of brilliant Buddha statues, carved in wood, stone, marble and bronze.
- Cruise the mighty Mekong River, watch the sunset from the summit of Mt Phousi in Laos and deep dive into the crystal waters of Kuang Si Falls.
- Cruise through Halong Bay’s expansive beauty, taking a rowboat adventure through uninhabited caves, emerald landscapes and hidden grottoes on an overnight cruise.
- Discover Hoi An’s legacy of merchant houses, temples and tea warehouses with plenty of free time to discover the magnificent Thu Bon River, Japanese Covered Bridge and plethora of pagodas hidden within.
- Live a day in the life of a Vietnamese soldier fighting in the Cu Chi tunnels during the Vietnam War, and get lost in Ho Chi Minh City’s historic marvels on your free day.
Your bags are packed, tickets are booked, the only thing left to do is hop on your international flight bound for Cambodia!
Upon arrival in lively Phnom Penh, you will be transferred to your hotel to check in. Depending on what time you arrive, you may get the chance to explore this beautiful city on the banks of the Mekong River and grab a local bite to eat.
Embark on a tour through Cambodia’s turbulent history today, as you learn about the Khmer Rouge regime with a visit to the infamous Killing Fields and Genocide Museum of Tuol Sleng.
Afterwards, admire the ornate golden gilding, soaring spires and stone stupas adorning the Royal Palace, followed by a visit to the National Museum. An exhibit in of itself, this graceful building boasts a gorgeous terracotta structure and hides within its walls the world’s finest collection of Khmer sculpture.
Sit back with a good book or podcast as you hit the road to Siem Reap today, admiring rural Cambodia upclose and stopping enroute to partake in local market culture, perhaps sampling the assortment of street food delicacies on offer – fried spiders are a must!
On arrival in Siem Reap, spend the remainder of the day at leisure.
- Alternatively, you can elect to take a domestic flight to Siem Reap, where you will meet the rest of the group (AUD $145 per person).
Embark on a full day of temple discovery today at the mystical Angkor Temples. You’ll witness the intricate Angkor Wat, visit the last capital city of the Khmers, the iconic ruins of Angkor Thom, and spy the magnificent Elephant Terrace, Bayon Temple and Ta Prohm Monastery.
This evening, you’ll get to savour a traditional Cambodian meal and watch a traditional Apsara dance.
Siem Reap may be your gateway to an ancient world of temples and ruins, but don’t let that fool you, you’ll have plenty of free time to explore the thriving city centre by yourself. You could amble your way through local markets, treat yourself to a spa treatment or two, and even find a tailor to craft you a fine suit!
- Tonle Sap Lake tour – visit a floating village on Tonle Sap Lake by boat and sail past wooden houseboats, walk through the village and meet a family who raises crocodiles (AUD $95 per person).
- Cambodian Circus – experience Siem Reap’s most unique and top-rated evening entertainment over 90-spellbinding-minutes (AUD $65 per person).
- Sunset Q-Bike adventure – escape the tourist dives and experience real Cambodia; riding past scenic rice paddies, forest and villages at sunset (AUD $70 per person).
Board your flight to the ancient city of Luang Prabang in Northern Laos today. On arrival you will be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of the day is yours to relax or discover as you please.
Buddhist temples are on the agenda today, starting at the National Museum, the former Royal Palace which houses the famous Prabang Buddha. Continuing to Wat Visoun, you’ll get to explore Luang Prabang’s oldest operating temple before admiring the ornately gilded exteriors of Wat Aaham and Wat Xieng Thong, the crowning jewel of all the monasteries in the region.
Later, snap away at the Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre’s plethora of traditional costumes, tools and artefacts, and in the afternoon have your climbing shoes ready as you trek up Mount Phousi for spectacular 360° views of the city and temples. Watch the sunset on this incredible day before heading back down to the hotel.
Embark on an upstream cruise of the mighty Mekong River this morning on your way to the mysterious Pak Ou Caves, stopping en-route in Ban Xang Hai Village, renowned for making Lao-Lao, the country’s beloved rice wine whiskey.
Carved into the side of a limestone mountain, these enormous caverns are home to hundreds of thousands of Buddha statues painstakingly recreated in wood, stone, marble, bronze and more. Afterwards, cool off with a refreshing dip in the pools at Kuang Si Falls before visiting the Kuang Si Falls Butterfly Park on your way back to Luang Prabang.
Luang Prabang is perfect for exploration on foot and this morning you’ll be left to explore at your leisure, before transferring to the airport for your flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.
Arriving at Noi Bai airport, transfer to your hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is yours, free to discover the brilliant treasures this intriguing city hides within its labyrinthine hutongs. Why not savour mouth-watering delicacies in Hanoi’s Old Quarter or enjoy a whirlwind city tour aboard a traditional rickshaw.
Leave the mainland for magical towering limestone pillars and thousands of tiny islands today as you board your overnight cruise of Halong Bay in a traditional Vietnamese junk boat.
Admire sublime vistas made up of gin-clear turquoise waters and enviously green high-rise forests while enjoying a divine lunch onboard, before watching the sun descend on this postcard-worthy, heritage-listed site over dinner.
Keep your camera handy today as you weave between magnificent islands; cruising through Man’s Head to Tortoise Island and setting sail for Luon Cave via a small bamboo boat. After a delicious brunch back onboard, drink in Bai Tu Long’s gorgeous limestone vistas before disembarking at Bai Chay.
- Hanoi street food tour with dinner – discover a treasure trove of Vietnamese delicacies including Banh My Hanoi, egg coffee and more (AUD $70 per person).
Beautiful Hanoi has enough to keep any traveller entertained for a lifetime. You’ll have all day today to explore the vibrant city streets, stunning natural landscapes and hidden local gems, like the Temple of Literature, Ha Ba Trung Temple or Hoa Lo Prison Museum.
- Half-day Bat Trang Pottery Village tour (AUD $75 per person).
After breakfast, enjoy a brief city tour of the iconic city sights before transferring to the airport for your flight to Danang! Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in Hoi An – a buzzing metropolis of grand architecture and beguiling riverside.
Slip on your comfiest shoes today as you embark on a walking tour of Hoi An; past an old merchant’s home, the postcard-worthy Japanese Covered Bridge and a local Chinese temple. Later, dig into lunch with your new friends at a local restaurant, before setting out on your own!
Why not relax at one of the many cafes along the picturesque Thu Bon River, admiring the subtle glow of lantern clad facades on the water’s reflection.
- Teh Dar Show -experience authentic Vietnamese highlander music using traditional, tribal instruments (AUD $79 per person).
See the sights of Hoi An at your own pace over the next two days, with plenty of time to take in the brilliant pagodas, the sea of merchants houses, ancient temples and sample traditional delicacies. Or, you could join an optional expeditions to Vietnam’s Golden Bridge, enjoy a local cooking class or visit the remarkable ruins of My Son.
- Golden Bridge tour (Day 15) – propped up by stone hands, this gorgeous Golden Bridge offers breathtaking views of Danang and the ocean from Ba Na Hills. You’ll also visit Linh Pagoda, home to the 27m high Shakyamuni statue and romantic flower garden, Le Jardin D’Amour (AUD $140 per person).
- Hoi An cooking class – cook and eat authentic Vietnamese cooking prepared by yourself with a professional chef teaching you to prepare traditional delicacies (AUD $85 per person).
- My Son tour (Day 16) – once the capital and religious centre of the Cham people, admire the various stone sculptures, temples and towers nestled in the tropical jungle (AUD $70 per person).
- Tra Que Vegetable village with a snack – learn how vegetables are sown, watered and picked, before sampling a traditional Banh Xeo (sizzling, savoury pancake) (AUD $95 per person).
Ready to take off again? Board your flight to Ho Chi Minh City from Danang today. On arrival, you’ll be met by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. After check-in, discover the city on your own.
- O Show – watch world-class choreography and optical illusions unfold on stage this evening at the O Show, a performance involving traditional Vietnamese props such as bamboo poles and giant woven baskets (AUD $85 per person).
Soak up your last day of guided sightseeing with visits the Saigon Postal Office and War Remnant Museum and learn about Vietnam’s French heritage at the Notre Dame Cathedral, before enjoying the atmosphere at Ben Thanh Market.
In the afternoon, gain insight into the life of a tunnel-dwelling Vietnam War resistance fighter at the Cu Chi Tunnels, where you’ll get the chance to weave through underground tunnels, bomb traps and tank remnants.
- Vespa adventure after dark – immerse yourself in Ho Chi Minh’s nightlight on the back of a vintage Vespa, beginning with a cocktail and appetizer at Cafe Zoom, before a night of good food, Vietnamese-style coffee and live music (AUD $170 per person).
Enjoy Ho Chi Minh on your own today, free to wander through incense-infused temples and explore the streets from the back of a cyclos – Vietnam’s 3-wheeled bicycle taxi – making time to check out the war-time historic Reunification Palace and pick up last minute souvenirs at Ben Thanh Market.
- Mekong River cruise with lunch- cruise through riverside villages, learn how traditional bricks are made, visit a coconut processing workshop and learn how to make sleep mats with a local family. Afterwards, enjoy lunch at a local riverside restaurant before returning to Ho Chi Minh (AUD $130 per person).
- Saigon River cruise with dinner – savour an authentic Vietnamese dinner as you sail gently down the Saigon River (AUD $85 per person).
Pack your bags and get ready for a morning of farewells, as your Vietnamese adventure comes to an end after breakfast. Transfer to the airport for your return flight to Australia and bring home fond memories of Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam!
Welcome home. Ready to book your next adventure?
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne or Sydney
- Flights from Brisbane, Adelaide or Canberra are available for an additional $300 per person
- Flights from Perth are available for an additional $500 per person
- Flights are economy class with Vietnam Airlines, Singapore Airlines or Thai Airways, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 30
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $850 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Visas for Vietnam, Cambodia & Laos
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Non-compulsory tipping/gratuities – recommended at $100 per person
- Anything not listed in Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.