INDIA: 16 Day Classic India Tour Including Flights for Two (Standard)
Where lavish palaces, sacred temples and breathtaking landscapes meet.
From the majesty of the Taj Mahal to the colour-splashed streets of Delhi, this is your chance to fully immerse yourself in India’s spectacular mix of culture, traditions and breathtaking landscapes.
- Return International Flights for Two
- 12 Nights of Accommodation with Daily Breakfast for Two
- Discover the Breathtaking Architectural Achievements of the Taj Mahal, Jama Masjid, Agra Fort and More!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 12 Nights of Accommodation with Daily Breakfast for Two
- 2 Nights on Overnight Sleeper Trains
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Arrival and Departure Meet and Assist at the Airport
- Airport Transfers
Standard – 3 Star:
- Delhi – Sun Star Grand Hotel, Mapple Express or similar
- Jaipur – Hyphen Ujjwal Premier or similar
- Pushkar – Kanj Avtar Resort or similar
- Ranthambore – Ranthambore National Resort, Tiger Safari Resort or similar
- Agra – Siris 18, Hotel Royale Residency or similar
- Varanasi – Hotel Meadows, Hotel Regency or similar
Deluxe – 4 Star:
- Delhi – Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar, Jaypee Siddharth or similar
- Jaipur – Park Regis, Nirbana Palace or similar
- Pushkar – Aaram Baagh Palace, Hotel Pushkar Legacy or similar
- Ranthambore – Shergarh Resort, WelcomeHeritage Mount Valley Resort or similar
- Agra – Four Points by Sheraton, Royal Regency or similar
- Varanasi – The Amayaa, Costa Riviera Hotel or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 15, 22, 29 February
- 7, 14, 21 March
- 25 April
- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 May
- 25 July
- 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 August
- 5 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Ancient forts, lavish palaces and sacred temples will transport you to a place of total awe and wonder as you weave through Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and more over 16 spectacular days.
- Immerse yourself in the magical allure of the luxurious Taj Mahal as the golden morning sun rises over the breathtaking ivory-white marble dome and tranquil reflecting pool.
- From skulking tigers and timid sambar deer to over 300 exotic species of bird, experience the call of the wild on a safari excursion through Ranthambore National Park.
- Witness the religious Ganga Aarti ritual on the banks of the Ganges River, where fire, flowers and the chanting of hymns light up the night sky and show gratitude to the spiritual Goddess Ganga.
- Explore the treasure trove of history that is New Delhi, marveling at the architectural triumphs of the monumental Red Fort and imposing Jama Masjid.
Pack your bags for an adventure through India as you board your international flight to Delhi.
Say hello to Delhi! Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Journey back in time as you explore the treasure trove of history that is New Delhi and the quaint yet busy backstreets of Old Delhi. Begin the day marveling at the architectural triumphs of the monumental Red Fort and imposing Jama Masjid before visiting the Chandni Chowk Market, Raj Ghat, Connaught Place, India Gate and Parliament House.
After lunch, visit the peaceful Lodhi Garden, peppered with 14th-century ruins, the extravagant and lavishly designed Lotus Temple, the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Qutub Minar and Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, one of the most prominent Sikh temples in the world.
Jama Masjid remains closed on Fridays
Arrive in the flamboyant walled city of Jaipur, known for its vibrant architecture and colourful markets buzzing with activity.
Kickstart the day exploring the enormous grounds of the Amber Fort, perched high on a hilltop where opulent courtyards and rugged outer walls offer unspoilt views of the surrounding landscape. Be awestruck by the intricately carved facade of Hawa Mahal, the floating palace of Jal Mahal and the gigantic sundial of the Jantar Mantar observatory.
Cap off the day at the Galtaji Temple, otherwise known as the ‘Monkey Temple’, where an abundance of monkeys roam the centuries-old structures and where natural springs continue to flow through the complex.
Welcome to Pushkar! Wrapped around a holy lake, the town boasts 52 ghats and 400 milky-blue temples for endless sightseeing.
Freshen up at the hotel and enjoy the rest of the day to explore, perhaps taking an evening camel ride through the Thar Desert or browsing the many local markets that give the town a colourful identity of its own.
This morning, visit the banks of the sacred Pushkar Lake, gaze at the vibrant blue hues of the Brahma Temple and roam the grounds where the world-famous Pushkar Camel Fair takes place every year.
After breakfast this morning, journey to Ranthambore National Park and check-in to your hotel where you can unwind and prepare for the “wild” day ahead.
Experience the thrill of an early-morning safari excursion through the exciting Ranthambore National Park in an open-roof canter vehicle. Teeming with skulking tigers, timid sambar deer and over 300 exotic bird species, you’ll have the opportunity to snap some photos of the abundance of wildlife that call this famous park home.
- Ranthambore Forest (Second Visit) – return to Ranthambore Forest in the evening with a naturalist for a glimpse of the native wildlife one last time (approx. $99 per person).
En route to the wondrous city of Agra, stop to marvel at the exquisitely carved steps of the Chand Baori or the spellbinding ancient fortified city Fatehpur Sikri, a pristine example of Indo-Islamic architecture.
- Kalakriti Tour – embark on a tour of the Kalakriti Culture and Convention Centre and learn about the history of the Taj Mahal through art exhibits and live Bollywood-style shows (approx. $75 per person).
Witness the magical allure of the Taj Mahal this morning as the golden sun rises and reflects off the elaborate ivory-white marble and tranquil pool.
Continue on to the monumental Agra Fort with its multilayered red sandstone fortifications, then spend the day shopping for trinkets in the bustling inner-city markets before boarding an overnight train to the sacred city of Varanasi.
Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays
Upon arrival in Varanasi, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in. Get ready for a once-in-a-lifetime experience this evening as you witness the religious Ganga Aarti ritual where fire, flowers and the chanting of hymns show gratitude to the spiritual Ganges River and the Goddess Ganga.
Stand on the steps of the Ganga Ghats that bleed into the Ganges River before calling an end to the day.
Begin the day with a boat ride along the holy waters of the Ganges River, where locals offer water to the Sun God and dip into the spiritual waters, before admiring the gold-roofed Kashi Vishwanath Temple, marble-carved map of undivided India in Bharat Mata Mandir, tranquil Sankat Mochan Temple and the ornate Manas Mandir Temple.
Afterwards, embark on a tour of the village of Sarnath where Buddha temples, the robust Dhamek Stupa, striking Chaukhandi Stupa and Sarnath Archaeological Museum turn this peaceful village into a must-see tourist attraction.
This evening, board an overnight train back to Delhi.
Arrive in Delhi and check-in to your hotel.
Today is yours to explore this lively city overflowing with culture, history and mouth-watering cuisine. Why not step into the total serenity of Sunder Nursery, an expansive park dotted with Mughal monuments or lose yourself in the colourful stalls as you hunt for bargains at Janpath Market?
Bid Delhi goodbye as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
B = Breakfast
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth or Brisbane
- Departures from Adelaide, Hobart and Canberra will incur a surcharge of $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Singapore, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Etihad, Emirates or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers available upon request
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travelling solo? A single supplement price of $699 applies for the Standard Package and $899 for the Deluxe Package applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays
- Jama Masjid remains closed on Fridays
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Meals not listed under inclusions
- Tips/gratuities (recommended $10 per person, per day)
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages