GREAT SOUTHERN JOURNEY: 6 Day Luxury Rail Package from Adelaide to Brisbane Including Flights for Two (Departing SYD/MEL)
Board Australia’s newest luxury rail experience.
$5,390Valued at $6,502
Marvel at rugged coastline, sun-kissed beaches, spy the Grampians forested peaks and visit exhilarating capital cities on this breathtaking, all-inclusive luxury rail journey from Adelaide to Brisbane.
- Flights to Adelaide and Home from Brisbane*
- 3 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation in Adelaide with a Unique Barossa Valley Winery Experience
- 2 Nights Aboard the Luxurious Great Southern in a Gold Service Cabin
- All Onboard Meals, Drinks and Entertainment Including Off-Train Excursions
- Flight from Departure City to Adelaide for Two
- Flights Include 20kgs of Checked Luggage per Person
- Transfers from Airport to Adelaide Hotel
- 3 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Adelaide for Two
- Full Day Grand Barossa Tour for Two
- Transfers from Adelaide Hotel to Train Station
- 2 Nights Aboard the Great Southern from Adelaide to Brisbane in a Gold Service Cabin, Twin or Single Share
- All Onboard Meals and Drinks for Two
- All Off Train Excursions and Activities for Two
- Transfers from Brisbane Train Station to Airport
- Flight from Brisbane to Departure City for Two*
*Not included for Brisbane passengers
- Adelaide – IBIS Adelaide or similar
Cross the breadth of our beautiful country in complete luxury and comfort. Your windowed cabin is spacious and comfortable, and the Great Southern’s army of well-trained staff are always on hand to cater to your every need.
Gold Service cabins include:
- Comfortable beds which convert to lounge seats during the day
- Private ensuite and power outlets in cabin
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, basic spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 10, 17, 24, 31 December
- 14 January
- This is the inaugural season for this rail journey – book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See Australia as you’ve never seen it before on this all-inclusive luxury train ride from the foothills of Adelaide to Brisbane.
- Enjoy a unique winery experience in the terra rossa of the Adelaide Hills, tasting award-winning vintages, learning about how wine is made and treating your palate to the culinary delights of the Barossa Valley.
- Feast on the flavours of the outback with fabulous onboard fine dining experiences every day, including seafood tasting plates, roasted kangaroo fillet, grilled goldband snapper, regional cheese, fine wine and much more.
- Lap up award-winning service from the moment you arrive at the train station. The crew onboard the Great Southern treat guests like their own family and their welcoming smiles are something you’ll never tire of.
- Explore the Grampians rugged wilderness, a haven for bushwalkers and nature lovers boasting sandstone mountains, waterfalls and native fauna, and discover Canberra’s first-class dining, magnificent culture experience and a city centre abuzz with diverse art and restaurants.
Your great Aussie adventure begins today with your domestic flight to Adelaide. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred to the hotel for check-in, then the afternoon is yours to relax and explore this affluent ‘City of Churches’.
You could lose yourself in one of the hip bars tucked away in a tiny alleyway or take a dip in the cool waters of beachy Glenelg.
Enjoy a unique winery experience in the terra rossa of the Barossa Valley, home to Australia’s most prized wine the Penfolds’ Grange. Delight your palate with lunch at a renowned winery restaurant, tasting award-winning vintages and learning about how they’re made.
Then, explore the quaint and charming villages of the Adelaide Hills terra rossa and visit Hahndorf, a beautiful settlement dating back to 1838.
Today is yours to soak in Adelaide’s seductive mix of sensational food and wine, with some of Australia’s premier wine regions practically on your doorstep, not to mention the vibrant city centre abuzz with fantastic culture, restaurants and heritage architecture.
Get ready to experience all the comforts of your Gold Class cabin today as you board the spectacular Great Southern. Once you’ve settled in and the big wheels start turning, make your way to the classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant carriage for a delicious lunch, accompanied by your choice of fine wines.
A haven for bush walkers, nature lovers and rock climbers, this stunning wilderness boasts brilliant sandstone mountains, ethereal wildflowers, waterfalls and native wildlife ever only a few feet away. Explore at your leisure, before a sumptuous dinner onboard.
Join the other guests for a few late-night drinks or settle in early to await the sights tomorrow!
First class dining and magnificent culture experiences are only ever a short stroll from wildlife-filled bushland reserves in Canberra, and today you’ll have the opportunity to explore this city’s diverse art scene, political scene and culinary culture at your leisure.
Savour your final meal aboard the Great Southern with breathtaking seaside views of the NSW northern coast, perhaps tucking into a full breakfast or Belgian chocolate waffle with strawberries, chocolate sauce and double cream. You are on holiday, after all!
Arriving in Brisbane, you’ll be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, or Perth
- Flights are economy class with Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Qantas, subject to availability
- Flights include 20kg of Checked Luggage per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $50 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Great Southern single cabins can be quoted upon request. Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Want to know more about this luxury rail experience?
- Check out Great Southern for more information
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages