THE GHAN: 6 Day Luxury Rail Package from Adelaide to Darwin Including Flights for Two (Departing PER)
All aboard the Ghan!
$6,190Valued at $8,270
Australia’s iconic luxury train is ready to sweep you off your feet as you journey through the heart of the outback in award-winning comfort from the foothills of Adelaide and through the heart of the Northern Territory to Darwin!
- Return Flights from Your Departure City to Adelaide
- 3 Days Aboard The Ghan in a Gold Service Cabin PLUS 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Darwin
- ALL Onboard Meals, Drinks, Excursions and Activities
- Flight from Your Departure City to Adelaide*
- 1 Night of 4 Star Accommodation in Adelaide*
- Transfers from Adelaide Airport to Your Hotel
- 3 Days/2 Nights on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin in a Gold Service Twin Cabin
- All Onboard Meals, Drinks, Excursions and Activities During the Train Ride
- All Off-Train Excursions and Activities as per the Itinerary
- Transfer from Darwin Rail Terminal to Your Hotel
- 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Darwin
- Jumping Crocodile Half Day Tour
- Transfers from Your Hotel to Darwin Airport
- Flight from Darwin to Your Departure City
*Not included for packages departing Adelaide
- Adelaide – Ibis Hotel Adelaide or similar*
- The Ghan – Gold Service Cabin
- Darwin – Argus Hotel Darwin or similar
*Not included for packages departing Adelaide
Cross the breadth of our beautiful country in complete luxury and comfort. Your windowed cabin is spacious and comfortable, and the Ghan’s army of well-trained staff are always on hand to cater to your every need.
Gold Service cabins include:
- Comfortable beds which convert to lounge seats during the day
- Private ensuite and power outlets in cabin
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, basic spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary
- Available for one of the following departure dates:
11*, 25* May 1*, 4*, 18*, 25* June 2*, 9*, 30* July 6**, 13*, 17*, 20*, 24*, 27* August
21*September 12, 26 October
- 2, 9, 16, 23 November
- 1, 8, 15, 22 February
- *A High Surcharge of $500 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak season surcharge of $700 per person applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See Australia as you’ve never seen it before on this all-inclusive luxury train ride from the foothills of Adelaide to outback Darwin.
- Spend one night pre-train journey in Adelaide’s ‘City of Churches’, where stunning beaches fringe a cosmopolitan city that’s bursting with awesome bars and restaurants.
- Feast on the flavours of the outback with fabulous onboard fine dining experiences every day, including seafood tasting plates, roasted kangaroo fillet, grilled goldband snapper, regional cheese, fine wine and much more.
- Discover Alice Springs at your leisure; perhaps with a front row seat at a spectacular bird show at Desert Park or experience a majestic camel ride across ochre land.
- Gaze at towering sandstone cliffs in Katherine on a serene river cruise or spend the day learning traditional arts and crafts with the local Aboriginal people.
- Take a tranquil cruise along the Adelaide River, capped off with a unique jumping crocs tour – watch as crocodiles leap out of the water to snatch their food!
Your luxurious Aussie escape begins today with your domestic flight to Adelaide, where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Once checked-in, the afternoon is yours to relax and explore this affluent ‘City of Churches’; lose yourself in one of the hip bars tucked away in a tiny alleyway or take a dip in the cool waters of beachy Glenelg.
Get ready to experience all the comforts of your Gold Class cabin today as you board the spectacular Ghan.
The afternoon is yours to relax, socialise and get acquainted with the novelty of rail travel. After a sumptuous dinner in the classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant, join other guests for a few late-night drinks.
Passengers departing from Adelaide will make their own way to the station for a 12:15pm train departure today.
Witness an unforgettable outback sunrise and enjoy a brief stop in Marla this morning. Back onboard, sink into pure indulgence in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant for brunch and relax as the mallee scrub makes way for the iconic outback scenery of Alice Springs.
Off-board, spend the afternoon at leisure; you could take a front row seat a spectacular bird show at the Desert Park or experience a majestic camel ride across ochre land.
Welcome to Katherine! Upon reaching the Northern Territory gaze in wonder at towering sandstone cliffs as you cruise lazily on the Katherine River. Alternatively, spend the day with the local Aboriginal people, sharing their culture, learning to basket weave, spear throw and play the Didgeridoo.
A late lunch awaits back on board, then relax with a glass of fine wine and savour the last few hours of this epic journey as you roll into Darwin at 5:30pm. Transfer to your hotel, and ease back into life on the land with a bit of harbour exploration.
Cruise down the Adelaide River, taking in the pristine surrounds of the river and the native animals that inhabit it.
Further down the river your experienced guides will treat you to a thrilling up-close view of jumping crocodiles in their natural habitat. Witness these incredible predators as they launch out of the water to catch their prey!
The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore Darwin.
Your outback expedition comes to an end today. Transfer to the airport for your flight home with an SD card and heart full of magical memories to cherish.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $50 per person applies for later departures. Earlier departures are not available
- Flights include 20kg of checked baggage
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Subject to availability
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Travelling solo? A Ghan Gold Service Single Cabins can be quoted upon request. Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Guests departing from Adelaide must make their own way to the train station on Day 2
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages