The Ghan – 6 Day Luxury Rail Package from Adelaide to Darwin Including Flights for Two (Departing ADL)
All aboard the Ghan!
Australia’s iconic luxury train is ready to sweep you off your feet as you journey to Darwin in award-winning comfort from the foothills of Adelaide through the heart of the Northern Territory outback!
- Flights to Adelaide & Home from Darwin
- 3 Days Aboard The Ghan in a Gold Service Cabin Plus 2 Nights of Accommodation in Darwin
- All Onboard Meals, Beverages and Activities Including Off-Train Excursions.
- Flights to Adelaide* and Back Home from Darwin
- 1 Night of Accommodation in Adelaide*
- 2 Nights Aboard The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin in a Gold Service Twin Cabin
- All Onboard Meals and Beverages
- All Off-Train Excursions and Activities as per the Itinerary
- Transfers from Darwin Rail Terminal to Your Hotel
- 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Darwin
- Jumping Crocodiles Half Day Tour
- Return Airport Transfers
*Not included for packages departing Adelaide
- Adelaide – Sage Hotel Adelaide or similar*
- Darwin – Argus Hotel Darwin or similar
*Not included for packages departing Adelaide
Cross the breadth of our beautiful country in complete luxury from the comfort of your spacious windowed cabin, with The Ghan’s well-trained staff always on hand to cater to your every need.
Gold Service cabins include:
- Comfortable beds which convert to luxurious lounge seats during the day
- Private en suite and power outlets in twin cabin
- All-inclusive dining in the exclusive Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, basic spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:*
- 23*, 30* May
- 28** July
- 1**, 15**, 25** August
- 12*** September
- 17** October
- 9^, 16^ November
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2021:*
- 6, 22^ February
- 1^, 22^ March
- *A High season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak season surcharge of $450 per person applies for departures on these dates
- **A Peak season surcharge of $700 per person applies for departures on these dates
- ^Itinerary operates in reverse
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See Australia as you’ve never seen it before on this all-inclusive luxury train ride from the foothills of Adelaide to the scenic outback of Darwin.
- Spend a night in Adelaide’s ‘City of Churches’, where stunning beaches fringe a cosmopolitan city bursting with eclectic bars and restaurants.
- Feast on the iconic flavours of the outback with fabulous onboard fine dining experiences every day, including seafood tasting plates, roasted kangaroo fillet, grilled goldband snapper, regional cheese, fine wine and much more.
- Lap up award-winning service from the moment you arrive at the train station. The crew onboard The Ghan treat guests like they’re family and their welcoming smiles will make you feel at ease.
- Gaze at towering sandstone cliffs in Katherine on a serene river cruise or spend the day participating in traditional arts and crafts with the local Aboriginal people.
- Take a tranquil cruise along the Adelaide River, capped off with a unique jumping crocs tour – watch as crocodiles leap out of the water to snatch their food!
Your luxurious Aussie escape begins today with your domestic flight to Adelaide, where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Once checked-in, the afternoon is yours to relax and explore this affluent ‘City of Churches’. Lose yourself in one of the hip bars tucked away in a tiny alleyway or take a dip in the cool waters of beachy Glenelg.
Get ready to experience all the comforts of your Gold Class cabin as you board the spectacular Ghan.
The afternoon is yours to relax, socialise and get acquainted with the novelty of rail travel. After a sumptuous dinner in the classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant, join other guests for some late-night drinks.
Passengers departing from Adelaide will make their own way to the station for a 12:15pm train departure today.
Witness an unforgettable outback sunrise and enjoy a brief rest in Marla this morning. Back onboard, sink into pure indulgence at the Queen Adelaide Restaurant for brunch and gaze out the window as the mallee scrub makes way to the iconic outback scenery of Alice Springs.
Off-board, spend the afternoon at leisure. You could witness a spectacular bird show at the Desert Park or experience a majestic camel ride across ochre land (own expense).
Welcome to Katherine! Upon entering the Northern Territory, gaze in wonder at towering sandstone cliffs as you cruise on the Katherine River. Alternatively, spend the day with the local Aboriginal people, sharing their culture, learning to basket weave, spear throw and play the Didgeridoo.
After a late lunch back onboard, relax with a glass of fine wine and savour the final few hours of this epic journey as you roll into Darwin.
Cruise down the Adelaide River, taking in the serene atmosphere and admiring the pristine riverbank wilderness and the native animals that inhabit it.
Further down the river, your experienced guides will treat you to a thrilling up-close glimpse of jumping crocodiles in their natural habitat. Witness these incredible predators as they launch out of the water to catch their prey!
The rest of the afternoon is yours to explore Darwin.
Your outback expedition comes to an end today. Transfer to the airport for your flight home with a heart full of magical memories to cherish.
B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or Perth
- Flight return to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Qantas, Jetstar or Virgin Australia, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $50 per person applies for delayed departures
- Flights include 20kg of checked baggage
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Subject to availability
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Travelling solo? A Ghan Gold Service Single Cabins can be quoted upon request. Contact Kogan Travel on 1300 517 210 for more information
- Guests departing from Adelaide must make their own way to the train station on Day 2
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages