The Ghan – 5 Day Luxury Rail Package from Adelaide to Darwin Including Flights For One (Departing ADL)
A once-in-a-lifetime rail journey.
$2,495Valued at $4,052
All aboard The Ghan! Australia’s iconic luxury train is ready to sweep you off your feet as you journey through the heart of the outback in award-winning comfort.
- Flights Included
- 3 Days Aboard The Ghan in a Gold Service Cabin PLUS 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Darwin
- ALL Onboard Meals, Drinks, Excursions and Activities
- Flight from Your Departure City to Adelaide*
- 1 Night of 4 Star Accommodation in Adelaide*
- Return Airport and Rail Station Transfers in Adelaide*
- 3 Days/2 Nights on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin in a Gold Service Twin Cabin
- All Onboard Meals, Drinks, Excursions and Activities During the Train Ride
- Return Airport and Rail Station Transfers in Darwin
- 2 Nights of 4 Star Accommodation in Darwin
- Jumping Crocodiles Tour
- Flight from Darwin to Your Departure City
*Not included for packages departing Adelaide
- Darwin – Argus Hotel Darwin or similar
- Adelaide – Ibis Adelaide* or similar
*Not included for passengers departing from Adelaide
Cross the breadth of our beautiful country in complete luxury and comfort. Your windowed cabin is spacious and comfortable, and the Ghan’s army of well-trained staff are always on hand to cater to your every need. Gold Service is also available in both twin share and single share at no extra cost!
Gold Service cabins include:
- Comfortable beds which convert to lounge seats during the day
- Private ensuite and power outlets in cabin
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, basic spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in:
- 14^, 21^ January
2 February 16* March
- 6*, 20*,
- 4**, 11**, 18**, 25** May
- 1**, 08**, 15**, 29** June
- 6**, 13**, 20**, 27** July
- 10**, 17**, 24** August
- ^Itinerary operates in reverse
- * A Shoulder Season surcharge per person applies for departures on these dates:
- Melbourne/Sydney/Perth: $700 per person
- Adelaide: $750 per person
- Brisbane: $646 per person
- ** A High Season surcharge per person applies for departures on these dates:
- Melbourne: $1000 per person
- Sydney: $1100 per person
- Adelaide: $1050 per person
- Brisbane: $996 per person
- Perth: $1050 per person
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- See Australia as you’ve never seen it before on this all-inclusive luxury train ride from the foothills of Adelaide to outback Darwin.
- Spend one night pre-train journey in Adelaide, where stunning beaches fringe a cosmopolitan city that’s bursting with awesome bars and restaurants.
- Keep your credit card tucked safely away and let the Ghan take care of your every need. Locally sourced gourmet ingredients, expertly paired wines, and as many drinks as you can indulge in are all included in this decadent package.
- Discover Alice Springs at your leisure; perhaps with a front row seat at a spectacular bird show at Desert Park or experience a majestic camel ride across ochre land.
- Gaze at towering sandstone cliffs in Katherine on a serene river cruise or spend the day learning traditional arts and crafts with the local Aboriginal people.
- Take a tranquil cruise along the Adelaide River, capped off with a unique jumping crocs tour – watch as crocodiles leap out of the water to snatch their food.
Your luxurious Aussie escape begins today with your domestic flight to Adelaide, where you will be transferred to your hotel.
Once checked-in, the afternoon is yours to relax and explore this affluent ‘City of Churches’; lose yourself in one of the hip bars tucked away in a tiny alleyway or take a dip in the cool waters of beachy Glenelg.
Get ready to experience all the comforts of your Gold Class cabin today as you board the spectacular Ghan. Once you’ve settled in and the big wheels start turning, make your way to the classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant carriage for a delicious lunch, accompanied by your choice of fine wines.
The afternoon is yours to relax, socialise and get acquainted with the novelty of rail travel. After a sumptuous dinner, join other guests for a few late-night drinks or head to your cabin to settle in early and await the sights of your first incredible outback sunrise the next day.
Passengers departing from Adelaide will make their own way to the station for a 12:15pm train departure today.
Witness an unforgettable outback sunrise with a steaming cup of coffee this morning and a brief stop in Marla. Back onboard, sink into pure indulgence in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant for brunch and relax as the mallee scrub makes way for the iconic outback scenery of Alice Springs.
Off-board, spend the afternoon at leisure; you could visit local landmarks, take a front row seat a spectacular bird show at the Desert Park or experience a majestic camel ride across ochre land. Back on the train, get to know your fellow passengers in the Outback Explorer Lounge before freshening up for dinner – topped off with a cheeky night cap, of course!
Welcome to Katherine! Upon reaching the Northern Territory gaze in wonder at towering sandstone cliffs as you cruise lazily on the Katherine River. Alternatively, spend the day with the local Aboriginal people, sharing their culture, learning to basket weave, spear throw and play the Didgeridoo.
A late lunch awaits back on board, then relax with a glass of fine wine and savour the last few hours of this epic journey as you roll into Darwin at 5:30pm. Transfer to your hotel, and ease back into life on the land with a bit of harbour exploration.
Kick back this morning as you slow down to Darwin-time and enjoy the quiet-serenity with an Adelaide River cruise, then keep your cameras at the ready as you get up close and personal with saltwater crocodiles – watch as they leap out of the water to capture their prey!
Your outback expedition comes to an end today. Transfer to the airport for your flight home with a head and heart full of magical memories to cherish.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Virgin Australia, Jetstar or Qantas, subject to availability
- Flights include 20kgs of checked baggage
- A return flight amendment surcharge of $50 per person applies for later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Return flights back to your departure city are included for Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and Brisbane only
- Passengers departing Adelaide will board the train in Adelaide on Day 2
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- No surcharge applies for solo travellers staying in the Ghan Gold Service Single Cabin
- Ghan Gold Service Single Cabins do not have a private ensuite
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Travel insurance – recommended * Anything not listed in the itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages