EUROPE: 20 Day Highlights of Italy & Greece Including 7 Nights Mediterranean Cruise + Flights for Two (Interior Cabin)
An exquisite blend of modern culture and rich history.
Delight the senses with a perfect harmony of ancient cityscapes, iconic landmarks and delightful cuisine as you explore the best Italy and Greece have to offer over 10 exciting nights, capped off with a Mediterranean cruise.
- Return International Flights for Two
- Cruise the Mediterranean with 7 Nights Onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas
- Admire Breathtaking St. Peter’s Basilica and Get up Close to the Acropolis of Athens
- Return International Flights for Two
- 9 Nights of Hotel Accomodation for Two
- 1 Night Onboard a Ferry from Igoumenitsa to Brindisi
- 7 Night Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas
- 16 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches and 8 Dinners
- All Sightseeing, Entrance and Admission Fees as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- English-Speaking Tour Guides
- Return Airport Transfers
- One-Way Transfer from Hotel to Cruise Terminal
- Athens – Novotel Athenes or similar
- Olympia – Olympic Village Hotel Resort & Spa or similar
- Igoumenitsa to Brindisi – Double Cabin with private bathroom or similar
- Rome – Hotel Midas Roma or similar
- Florence – Conference Florentia Hotel or similar
- Venice – Hotel Albatros or similar
Set sail for Mediterranean marvels aboard the magnificent Rhapsody of the Seas and discover new thrills onboard while port-hopping in Croatia and Greece.
Spend days sun drenched in the adults-only Solarium, diving in swimming pools, whirlpools and cascading lagoons, or eating up a storm at one of the fine-dining restaurants onboard – the Chef’s Table cannot be missed! Get a prime-time seat on outdoor film nights, learn to rumba with a dance class or two and sit by the pool bar, sipping a signature cocktail and drinking in the ocean vistas.
With five bars and 26 activities and shows onboard to keep you entertained, including fitness classes and a rock climbing wall, you won’t know where to start!
When you’re ready to purchase, simply select your preferred cabin option from the Package Options section at the top of the page.
These cosy sanctuaries are the perfect place to relax and refresh when you’re not having fun above deck. You’ll find a private en suite bathroom, flat screen TV, a desk and seating area, and air conditioning. Choose from either a double or two single beds with luxury linen and a telephone where you can easily reach the helpful staff should you desire anything.
Ocean View Cabin:
As well as all of the facilities of the Inside Cabin, an Ocean View cabin features the added benefit of a window or porthole overlooking the ocean – so you can bask in natural light and watch the calming waves from the comfort of your room.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 12, 26 May
- 9, 23# June
- 21* July
- 04*, 18*^ August
- 15*^, 29^ September
- *A High Season surcharge of $300 per person applies for departures on these dates
- #A School holiday period surcharge of $800 per person applies for departures on these dates
- ^A free upgrade to Oceanview Cabin applies for departures on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Home to some of the world’s most astounding landmarks, panoramas and cuisine, Italy and Greece offer a seemingly endless supply of extravagant wonders waiting to be discovered over 20 magical days.
- Be awestruck by the exceptional grandeur of Athens, wandering the bustling city squares and climbing up to the Acropolis of Athens where the most famous ancient Greek ruins still stand to this day.
- Get up close to the “Eternal City”, aka Rome, admiring the breathtaking St. Peter’s Basilica before roaming around the awe-inspiring 2,000 year old ruins of the Colosseum.
- Immerse yourself in the floating masterpiece that is Venice, soaking up the energetic atmosphere of St. Mark’s Square and enjoying a glass-blowing demonstration at Murano Glass Factory.
- Marvel at the mythic beauty of Santorini, the sheer magnificence of Dubrovnik and the ancient history of Olympia on your Rhapsody of the Seas cruise.
Pack your bags for a European adventure as you board your international flight to Athens.
Kalimera, Athens! Upon arrival, you will be met by your tour representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Enjoy some free time to unwind before discovering the lines of Greek taverns in Plaka this evening.
Kickstart your adventure through Greece with a guided panoramic tour of Athens’ iconic landmarks, including the luxurious Presidential Palace, Panathinaikos Stadium, National Library and bustling city squares.
Close out the tour with a visit to one of the most recognisable landmarks, the Acropolis of Athens, home to the magnificent Parthenon – visible from almost every part of the city (entry not included). Enjoy an afternoon free to perhaps browse the bustling fashion and souvenir shops along Ermou Street.
Depart Athens for the ancient city of Olympia, stopping on the way at the deep and narrow Corinth Canal, immense Acrocorinth, and the ruins of Mycenae, where you can pass beneath the megalithic Lion Gate.
Take a break and meander through Tripoli’s winding streets lined with a plethora of cafes and eateries before arriving at Olympia in the evening.
Enjoy a guided tour of Olympia and the accompanying museum this morning before making your way to Igoumenitsa. En route, embrace stunning panoramas of the Gulf of Corinth from Patra, visit the portside town of Amfilochia and admire the symbolic Bridge of Arta in the quiet city of Arta.
Bid a temporary farewell to Greece as you arrive in the portside town of Igoumenitsa where you will board an overnight ferry to Brindisi, Italy.
Please Note: There is only one ferry available and it leaves at one in the morning. Boarding in not usually possible until after midnight. Due to late arrivals, the ferry may be delayed.
Occasionally, due to weather conditions, vessel inspection, schedule changes, strikes, fully booked ferry boats or other reasons, the schedule of the following day itinerary may be adapted according to the berthing time of the ship or the flight from Athens to Rome. In this case, visits to Amfilochia and Arta are cancelled and a Sunday visit to Naples and Pompeii is included.
Disembark in the balmy town of Brindisi, where you will then head to the tiny, yet elegant, town of Trani. Enjoy some free time to wander the vibrant fishing port and glossy limestone streets while being transfixed by the clean-lined beauty of Trani Cathedral.
Stop for a coffee break and some light exploration of Naples, with its wealth of culture, art and architecture, before saying goodbye as you head to Rome in the evening.
Wake up in Rome, aka the “Eternal City”, and embark on an exciting tour of one of the world’s most romantic and charismatic cities with visits to the Baths of Caracalla, Piazza Venezia, Circus Maximus, Capitoline Hill and the Basilica of St. John Lateran.
Marvel at the lavish architecture of the holy St. Peter’s Basilica, then learn about the ancient customs of the Roman Empire with entry to the thrilling Colosseum, before taking a leisurely stroll down the lively Via Cavour, a street lined with a variety of local restaurants.
- Baroque Rome Tour – embark on a walking excursion around rome, admiring the works of Bernini and Borromini while visiting the Plaza de Espana, Ara Pacis, Pantheon and more! (approx. EUR $35 per person).
- Vatican Museums Tour – admire the outstanding rooms of the Vatican Museums followed by a stop at the Sistine Chapel to witness the stunning Pieta by Michelangelo, St. Peter’s Baldachin and Michelangelo’s Dome (approx. EUR $45 per person).
Revel in the soothing morning sun with a scenic drive through Tiber Valley on your way to Florence where, upon arrival, you’ll climb up to Piazzale Michelangelo for a moment of wonder, overlooking the breathtaking panoramic views of this enchanting city.
Set out on a guided tour through the birthplace of the Renaissance, appreciating the elegance of famous landmarks, including Florence Cathedral, Piazza della Signoria, Ponte Vecchio and more! Enjoy some free time in the evening to perhaps explore the bustling “Straw Market”.
- Tuscan Dinner – delight the senses with a traditional Tuscan dinner while a Florentine pianist-singer performs live music, bringing a relaxed ambience to your night in Florence (approx. EUR $55 per person).
Cross the rolling hills of the Apennine Mountains this morning for an unforgettable car-free Venetian experience when you arrive at Tronchetto Gate to cross the Grand Canal. Explore the floating masterpiece that is Venice with a guided tour to St. Mark’s Square, a bustling tourist hotspot.
For the arts lovers out there, you’ll have the chance to see first-hand how glass was made in ancient times with a visit to the Murano Glass Factory.
Afterwards, you could explore the Mestre district, perhaps dining in one of the culture-rich restaurants.
Gondola Ride – experience the magic of Venice in the best way – from a private serenaded gondola ride through the famed canals passing stunning Baroque buildings (approx. EUR $35 per person).
The next two days are yours to explore the remarkably charming streets of Venice. You could gaze at the comprehensive collection of Venetian paintings in the Accademia Gallery, be blown away by the detailed facade of Doge’s Palace or sweep through the heart of Venice on the Grand Canal.
Spend the morning squeezing in some last-minute sightseeing before embarking on your Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas cruise.
With a name like “The Pearl of the Adriatic”, it’s hard not to expect sheer magnificence when visiting the Croatian city of Dubrovnik. You could navigate the vibrant limestone streets, climb to the imposing Fort Lovrijenac or walk across the ancient city walls, renowned for their appearance in Game of Thrones.
Dock in Kotor, where soaring cliffs reflect off the serene cobalt bay at the town’s edge. You could explore the ancient medieval architecture of the Old Town, discover the history of Kotor as a busy port in the Maritime Museum or snap postcard-quality pictures of the bay below from the towering St. John Fortress.
Spend the day at sea getting to know your luxury cruise liner. Climb to new heights with rock climbing and experience a whole new view of the surrounding waters from the top or join in on a Rumba dance class to get the blood pumping.
Immerse yourself in the romantic setting, mythic beauty and breathtaking scenery as you arrive in Santorini. You could meander through the vibrant white and blue terraced houses of Fira and Oia, stroll the black sands of Perissa Beach or ride a donkey down to the beautiful port of Fira.
Stop by the laidback port of Katakolon, located near the historic ruins of the site of the very first Olympic Games. You could spend time relaxing on the quiet beachfront or venture inland to view the remains of the Temple of Zeus in Ancient Olympia and the accompanying Archaeological Museum of Olympia.
Tranquility and total relaxation await onboard the ship. Choose to unwind with a spa massage at Vitality Spa, enjoy peace in the adults-only solarium or simply relax in a lounge chair by the top-deck pool.
Your European adventure comes to an end today as you disembark your Rhapsody of the Seas cruise and transfer to the airport for your flight back to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide
- Flights are economy class with Lufthansa, KLM, Air France, British Airways, Swiss Air, Etihad Airways, China Southern Airlines, Qatar Airways, Austrian Airlines, Thai Airways and Finnair or similar, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $200 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Flights are non-refundable at all times and applicable charges apply to changes
- No child discounts apply. A full priced voucher must be purchased for all children travelling
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 56
- Travelling solo? A single supplement price of $2999 for the Interior Cabin and $3599 for the Oceanview Cabin applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Personal expenses
- Optional activities
- Optional tipping
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages