EUROPE: 19 Day Northern Explorer Tour Including Flights for Two
European grandeur at your fingertips.
Forget the tourist traps and venture off the beaten path to Europe’s best kept secrets. From the cobblestone streets and rolling hills of Sweden to the picturesque castles of Estonia and the old town charm of Warsaw, get your passport ready for an adventure of a lifetime on this incredible 19 day tour.
- Return International Flights for Two with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Thai, Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines, Subject to Availability
- 17 Nights Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast and Heaps of Delicious Dinners, Plus an Overnight Ferry to Helsinki!
- Experience St Petersburg’s Palatial Architecture, Scandinavia’s Quirky Harbour Cities, the Post-Soviet Trendiness of the Baltics and Berlin’s Buzzing Nightlife
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 16 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Overnight Scandinavian Ferry, Including All Onboard Meals
- Daily Breakfast and 7 Divine Dinners
- On-Ground Transportation via Air Conditioned Coach as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English Speaking Tour Guides
- Amsterdam – Hampton by Hilton or similar
- Hamburg – TRYP by Wyndham Bad Oldesloe or similar
- Copenhagen – Park Inn or similar
- Stockholm – IBIS Styles Stockholm Jarva or similar
- Helsinki – Radisson Blu Seaside or similar
- St Petersburg – Matisov Domik or similar
- Tallinn – Tallinn Seaport Hotel or similar
- Riga – Radisson Blu Latvija or similar
- Vilnius – Green Park Hotel or similar
- Warsaw – Novotel Warszawa Centrum or similar
- Berlin – IBIS Berlin Ostbahnhof or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 12 May
- 2, 9, 23 June
- 25 August
- 15 September
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Get your passports ready for an epic Northern European adventure! This incredible 19 day tour lets you see Europe from a different angle, soaking up the sights, culture and tastes of Eastern Europe, Russia, Scandinavia and the best of the Baltics.
- Take an afternoon cruise along Amsterdam’s famous canals, home to treasure-packed museums and vintage shops and epic nightlife.
- Discover Denmark, Sweden and Finland, exploring Scandinavia’s buzzing culinary scene, harbourside elegance, and ultra suave architecture.
- Uncover Russia’s imperial grandeur in St Petersburg and be enamoured by the city’s opulent castles once inhabited by Russia’s Tsarist elite, as well as the Venice-like canal-lined streets.
- Be dazzled by the best of Baltics, exploring the cobbled streets and medieval buildings of Tallinn and Vilnius, before uncovering contemporary art, gothic architecture and trendy nightlife in Riga.
- Get amongst the grit and the glamour of Berlin, rich in cold war ruins, world-class street art, abandoned buildings transformed into edgy galleries, parks and uber cool nightlife.
Pack your bags for a European adventure as you board your international flight bound for the city of canals, Amsterdam.
Touchdown Amsterdam! After you’ve landed, make your own way to the hotel for check-in and meet your guide in the afternoon.
Get ready for a grand canal cruise along the golden canal-lined streets of the city this afternoon. A great vantage point to view Amsterdam’s charming architecture, you’ll glide past canal-side landmarks like the Westerkerk, Anne Frank House and Gassan Diamonds Factory before enjoying dinner with your new travel buddies!
Feel free to stroll the canals at your own leisure after disembarking and maybe enjoy a beer at one of Amsterdam’s many bruin cafes – local bars.
You’ll depart Amsterdam in the morning by coach for your Northern German adventure. En-route to Hamburg you’ll stop at a local Dutch farm, where you’ll learn about the production of clogs – traditional wooden Dutch footwear, and taste local mouth-watering yellow cheeses, before getting a photo opportunity with one of Holland’s many picturesque windmills.
After traveling through the scenic Dutch countryside, the coach will cross over the German border, stopping off in Hamburg in the late afternoon before continuing to the hotel for check-in. Feel free to roam Hamburg at your own leisure tonight, maybe checking out the St. Pauli Elbtunnel en-route to the neon-soaked streets of St Pauli and Reeperbahn strip for dinner and drinks.
After breakfast at the hotel, you’ll cross over into Scandinavia, driving through Denmark’s gorgeous little country towns before crossing Oresund Bridge – Europe’s longest bridge into Denmark’s funky capital, Copenhagen.
On arrival, you’ll enjoy a guided tour of the city’s key hotspots, including Christiansborg Slot, a decadent castle that’s now home to parliament and Supreme Court. Take a stroll through the lively Tivoli gardens, filled with amusement rides and open-air shows, before visiting the regal Rosenborg Palace and admiring the Little Mermaid Statue overlooking the water.
Say goodbye to Copenhagen this morning before taking a short drive to Helsingor, home to the Renaissance architectural masterpiece – Kronborg Castle; known as Elsinore Castle in Shakespeare’s Hamlet. See the castle from the water on your short ferry ride to Sweden, before beginning a scenic drive through the Swedish countryside to Stockholm.
On arrival, you’ll enjoy an evening walking tour, starting at the the world’s largest functioning palace and home to the royal family – the Royal Palace. After your palace visit, you’ll walk through the razor thin Marten Trotzigs grand alleyway in the Gamla Stan old quarter, and check out the af Chapman – a 19th-century ship turned into a buzzing youth hostel.
Explore Stockholm at your leisure this morning, taking time to stroll through Gamla Stan’s narrow cobblestone streets and terracotta buildings. Make sure to check out the incredible mosaics, installations and sculptures splayed across dozens of train stations in the Stockholm Metro.
More of a foodie? Wander through the Old Haymarket – an open air market and food hall where you can sample fried herring, succulent Swedish meatballs and buttery toast skagen. After exploring Stockholm’s beauty, you’ll board your overnight ferry to Helsinki.
Arriving in the late morning, you’ll have the whole afternoon to explore Helsinki’s flourishing architecture, unique culinary scene, sublime urban greenery and gorgeous harbour at your own pace.
You could take a ferry to Suomenlinna Sea Fortress, spread across a cluster of car-free islands, then come back to the mainland to taste some Finnish delicacies, like runeberg torte – rum cakes, pea soup, blini and grillimakkara – grilled sausages.
Get your passports ready for Russia! This morning you’ll cross the Russian border and make your way to St Petersburg. On arrival, your local tour guide will meet you to take you on a comprehensive city tour of St Petersburg, walking alongside neoclassical and Baroque architecture overlooking many of the city’s many canals.
Known as the ‘city of the Tsars’, St Petersburg represents an intersection of imperial history, artistic powerhouse and natural beauty. You could start your free day at the the famed Hermitage Museum, wandering through to the General Staff Building – home to the largest collection of paintings in the world. From here, you could stroll down to the Versailles of Russia at the Peterhof Grand Palace, once home to Peter the great.
If you’re a Russian revolutions history buff, check out the Rasputin Museum at Yusupov Palace, the landmark where the famed Russian mystic was murdered.
- Moscow Tour – Jump on a high-speed train for a guided tour of Moscow, taking you to the orthodox churches of the Tsar, the Kremlin grounds and the Red Square (AUD XX).
Continue your St Petersburg adventure at your own leisure today. You could stroll through the vast baroque architecture at Catherine Palace, touring through the palace’s 20 rooms and grand halls. Feeling adventurous? Venture out to Lower Park just outside of St Petersburg, home to jaw-dropping collections of gilded fountains, statue-lined lanes and picturesque canals.
Alternatively, you could trek out to Petrograd’s Street Art Museum, featuring some of Russia’s best street art and installations across an 11-hectare industrial site.
- Russian folk show with canapes and vodka (AUD $XX per person).
Bid farewell to your Russian rendezvous as you travel across the border into Tallinn, Estonia, a buzzing city on the rise. A local tour guide will meet you on arrival and take you on a tour through Tallinn’s ancient churches, medieval streetscapes and noble merchants’ houses.
After dinner, you can drink at one of Tallinn’s many cellar bars, pubs and smooth jazz lounges.
Say goodbye to Tallinn as you cross the border into Latvia, stopping at the cultural hub of Riga. Art nouveau blends with gothic spires and cobblestone streets here, showcased best on your walking tour of the colourful Riga Central Market, and many of the city’s gorgeous churches.
After dinner, you can take in Riga’s beauty from 26 floors high at the Skyline Bar, offering panoramic views of Riga’s skyline.
This morning you’ll make your into Lithuania, stopping at the awe-inspiring Hill of Crosses; home to thousands of crosses that tinkle eerily in the breeze. You’ll then continue onto Vilnius, where you’ll be met by a tour guide for an orientation of the baroque beauty of the Baltic
You’ll have the afternoon free to explore Vilnius’ old town charm at your own leisure. You could check out the memorial of the iconic rockstar Frank Zappa and venture to the Independent Republic of Uzupis – a self proclaimed micro-nation inhabited by artists.
Say goodbye to Lithuania this morning and cross over to the Polish border, stopping at the lakeside town of Trakai to admire the town’s red-brick, fairytale castle facade, wooden houses and quaint lakeside location before arriving in Warsaw.
On arrival, you’ll embark on a tour of the Old Town, lined with cobblestone alleys and Renaissance, Baroque, Gothic and neoclassical buildings reconstructed after World War II. You’ll then taste Poland’s tasty delicacies at a traditional Polish dinner.
Explore Warsaw today at your own leisure, and dive deep into the city’s diverse history and culture. You could visit the brick lined Royal Castle, once home to the Russian tsars, now filled with period furniture and works of art. Learn about Poland’s rich Jewish history at the Museum of the History of Polish Jews or check out Galeria Forty – a hidden art gallery in an abandoned fort.
- Communist tour of Warsaw – Get a feel for Warsaw’s Communist history on this guided tour, where you’ll be driven around in Communist-era Nysa vans to Warsaw’s key Communist landmarks.
Get ready for your Berlin adventure! En-route to Berlin you’ll stop off at the colourfully historic town of Poznan – the coronation city of Poland’s early kings. Spend your lunch time exploring Poznan on your own, strolling through the Old Town Square to admire the town’s vibrant architecture.
After lunch, continue your journey to the cultural hub of Berlin. Filled with street art, rich history and exuberant nightlife, Berlin has something for everybody. On arrival, a tour guide will meet you for a driving tour of the city’s key historic landmarks, including the Brandenburger Tor – the Brandenburg Gate, a symbol of division during the Cold War, and Checkpoint Charlie, a Cold War gateway for foreigners and diplomats.
Explore Berlin’s glamour and grit today at your own pace. Perhaps you can see Berlin from above in the top floor domed cafe of the Reichstag building, before strolling along the street art murals splayed across the remnants of the Berlin Wall. You could then take a bike and ride through Tempelhof Park, the abandoned site of Berlin’s former airport and now an open park accessible to the public.
Why not cap off the night with a drink in one of Berlin’s many bars, cabarets and clubs, and dance your way through the city!
Leave Berlin this morning and head to charming Medieval Hanover for lunch, where you can roam the city at your own leisure. Afterwards, you’ll board the bus and head back to Amsterdam, your final tour destination.
Soak up the last of Amsterdam’s beauty before catching the hotel shuttle to the airport to board your return flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, I/F = In Flight Meal
Buying and Booking
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Not valid with any other offer
- Subject to availability
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1600 applies for those wishing to travel alone
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth
- Flights are economy class with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Air, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and late departures, plus additional airfares and tax
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Tipping – recommended at approx. AUD $12 per person, per day
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions and activities
- Anything not listed in Inclusions and Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
ATAS - Travel Accredited
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
International Flights Included
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages