EUROPE: 17 Day Italy Tour & Mediterranean Cruise Including Flights for Two
Get lost in the soul-stirring seascapes of the Mediterranean.
$7,998Valued at $9,998
Uncover the sights, tastes and cultures of Italy on this spellbinding tour, capping off your Italian adventure with a luxury Mediterranean cruise, sailing through fiery Spain, dreamy France and other seaside gems.
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- Get to Know the Hotspots and Hidden Gems of the Mediterranean Aboard a 12 Night Luxury Cruise
- Discover Venice’s Iconic Canals, Sit Atop the Spanish Steps, Uncover Renaissance Art in Florence and Dazzling Sights in Pisa, Civitavecchia, Palermo, Marseille and More!
- Return International Flights for Two
- 7 Nights of Stunning Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast, 1 Antipasto and 3 Delicious Dinners for Two
- 7 Night Mediterranean Cruise Aboard the MSC Fantasia Cruise Liner for Two
- All Onboard Meals and Entertainment
- On-Ground Transportation in an Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- Admission and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Experienced English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout Your Journey
- All Porterage, Taxes and Service Charges
- Rome – Hotel American Palace or similar
- Tuscany – Grand Hotel Panoramic Montecatini or similar
- Venice – Elite Residence Hotel or similar
Balancing cutting edge design with warmth and comfort, sail the Mediterranean in true style with the MSC Fantasia. At the heart, find a real stone piazza and an espresso bar with designer-themed lounge bars and restaurants serving up unforgettable dining experiences.
Go on a shopping spree at the duty-free centre, make a splash at the Aqua Park Pool Complex and revitalise the body at the indulgent MSC Aurea Spa.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2020:
- 2, 23 May
- 6 June
- 29 August
- 12 September
- 10, 17 October
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Get lost in the soul-stirring seascapes of the Mediterranean and soak up the historical splendour of Italy over 17 days, making your way from the magnificent Trevi Fountain to the vineyards of Siena and beyond.
- Tick off your Italy bucket list as you ‘Rome’ around Venice’s labyrinth canals, watch the world go by from the Spanish steps in Rome and admire a replica of Michelangelo’s breathtaking masterpiece, David, in Florence. Cap it off with a photo in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa!
- Escape the city and be charmed by the rustic farmhouses and olive groves of Umbria and Tuscany before snaking your way through the pastel-hued fishing villages of Cinque Terre.
- Uncover the hidden gems of the Mediterranean aboard the MSC Fantasia, stopping off to explore the pristine shores and crystal waters of Palermo, Valencia and Marseille.
- Be swept away by Palma de Mallorca, perhaps marvelling at the honey-hued waters of Badia de Palma before roaming the bustling restaurants, discovering splendid Gothic cathedrals and bar-lined streets.
Ciao, Australia, Italy is calling!
Benvenuto a Roma! Make your own wayto your hotel for check-in where you will join your travellers for a welcome dinner. Depending on your arrival time, you could kickstart your Italian adventure with a spot of sightseeing and street wandering. Enjoy dinner with your tour group tonight!
Unearth the ‘Eternal City’ today, starting at the Spanish Steps, tossing a coin in the Trevi Fountain for good luck and Roman Forum, followed by the magnificent Pantheon. No trip to Rome is complete with a visit to the Colosseum or Vatican City.
- Vatican City (AUD $99 per person)
Leave the grandeur of Rome behind this morning, travelling through Umbria en route to Venice. Known as Italy’s ‘green heart’, Umbria is home to some of the freshest produce in Italy, authentic cuisine and beautiful green mountainscapes, eventually stopping off at stunningly perched Orvieto.
Explore at your own leisure, perhaps admiring the Gothic-delight of the Duomo di Orvieto, or exploring ancient wartime underground tunnels. You’ll then continue onto Venice, where you’ll be greeted at the hotel for check-in.
- Venice Water Taxi (AUD $75 per person).
Viva la Venice! Enjoy marble palaces, lagoons and unbelievable grandeur at your own pace today after an orientation tour. Perhaps begin your day by admiring the beautiful marble-clad Basilica di San Marco, before savouring lavish spreads of cicheti – Venetian tapas – and prosecco bubbly in one of the city’s many bacari – wine bars.
Make your way to Florence today, stopping off at the pristine crystal waters and beautiful Dolomites mountainscapes of Lake Garda. You’ll then arrive in enchanting Florence for an orientation tour.
Kick off your afternoon at leisure with free time to visit the medieval Ponte Vecchio arch bridge, the renaissance ruins of the Palazzo Vecchio and the iconic red-capped Duomo or perhaps the neo-Gothic Basilica di Santa Croce and Michaelangelo’s breathtaking masterpiece, David.
You’ll make your way this morning to La Spezia, the gateway to Cinque Terre, perched alongside the Italian Riviera. After exploring these village harbours and vine-lined streets, head back to Tuscany via a stop off at the famed Leaning Tower of Pisa for a photo opportunity.
Drive through the stunning Tuscan countryside, filled with rustic farmhouses, gorgeous vineyards and olive groves before stopping at San Gimignano. Known for its skyline of medieval towers, San Gimignano is a Romanesque and Gothic architectural haven.
Make your way to Siena to indulge your senses with a wine tasting and antipasto of the best drops of the region, before heading back to Rome for an authentic Italian dinner.
Welcome back to Rome! Spend the morning going at your own pace. Take some time to sample exquisite delicacies in the Jewish Ghetto, the tiny osterias of Trastevere, and mouth-watering pizza in Prati-Vatican Trionfale.
After your morning of exploration, catch a taxi to the cruise port for your Mediterranean cruise aboard the luxurious MSC Fantasia.
Dock in Civitavecchia this morning. You could spend the day strolling past the picturesque medieval and Renaissance architecture that decorates that town centre, bristling with defensive towers or venture out of town to Tarquinia, home to ancient Etruscan sites.
Pulling into port this morning, you’ll be greeted by a mesmerising collection of golden palazzi, domes and ivory limestone glimmering under the Mediterranean sun.
Sardinia’s historic capital by the sea, you could spend the day here getting a feel for Mediterranean delights at the Mercato San Benedetto fresh food market and lounging along the shores of Poetta Beach in the afternoon.
Welcome to Spain! A vibrant oasis in a hub of tourist hotspots, Palma de Mallorca rises from the honey-coloured waters of Badia de Palma and shelters a treasure-trove of restaurants, gothic cathedrals, vibrant markets and bars. You could spend weeks in this city.
Home to near-endless stretches of pristine golden shores, plop down on the beach today, melting away along the azure waters of Valencia, or perhaps visiting the stunning Old Town to check out the incredible art murals lining its walls.
Cross the seas into France this morning, docking in Marseille. You could visit the neo-gothic Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde or the ancient Vieux Port, dotted with luxury yachts, boats, bars, brasseries and cafes.
Dock in Genoa today, a bustling gem along the Italian Riviera. The day is yours to explore, perhaps weaving through the three palazzi of the Musei di Strada Nuova or adventuring through the Old City, a magnificent blend of ancient gates, washing pegged lines and buzzing restaurants and boutiques.
Disembark the cruise in Civitavecchia, catching a taxi to Rome for your international flight home to Australia.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide
- Flights from Hobart or Canberra are available for an additional $295 per person
- Flights are economy class with Thai Airways, Emirates, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airways, British Airways, China Southern Airlines or Qantas, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 44
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $2500 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Airport transfers
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Tips/Gratuities – recommended at $15 per person, per day
- Anything not included in the Itinerary
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages