EUROPE: 15 Day Eastern Europe & The Balkans Tour Including Flights for Two
Experience the beauty of the Balkans.
$7,998Valued at $9,998
Explore the undiscovered treasures of Eastern Europe and the beauty of the Balkans on this unforgettable journey starting in dazzling Munich, through Belgrade and historic Vienna to Prague’s whimsical, cobblestone streets.
- Return International Flights for Two with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa or Cathay Pacific, Subject to Availability
- 13 Nights of Charming Hotel Accommodation Including Daily Breakfast
- Fascinating Tours Through Dubrovnik, Sarajevo, Budapest and More!
- Return International Flights for Two with a Premium Airline
- 13 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- Daily Breakfast and 7 Delicious Dinners
- On-Ground Transport as per the Itinerary
- Sightseeing and Admissions as per the Itinerary
- Exciting Tours with Experienced Guides
- Munich – AZIMUT Hotel Munich City or similar
- Ljubljana – Hotel Park Ljubljana or similar
- Split – Split Hotel Medena or similar
- Dubrovnik – Hotel Adriatic Dubrovnik or similar
- Sarajevo – Hotel Grand Sarajevo or similar
- Belgrade – Hotel Park Belgrade or similar
- Budapest – Ibis Budapest City or similar
- Vienna – Fourside Hotel Vienna City Central or similar
- Prague – Hotel Duo Prague or similar
- Available for departure on one of the following dates in 2019:
- 4 May
- 1, 16, 29* June
- 13*, 27* July
- 10*, 24 August
- 7, 21* September
- *A surcharge of $800 per person applies to departure on these dates
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Embark on a journey fit for a fairytale, as you walk through history in Munich, stroll the charming streets of Dubrovnik and experience the grandeur of Budapest and Vienna on this Eastern Europe quest.
- Cheers to the beginning of your tour with an authentic German feast at a traditional beer hall in sophisticated Munich for a taste of German culture.
- Visit the world-famous Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia to marvel at the exceptional natural beauty of its terraced turquoise lakes, lush vegetation and incredible waterfalls.
- Walk through the cobbled streets of Split to the 4th-century Palace of Diocletian.
- Uncover magnificent Dubrovnik hidden gems. Also known as the ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’, stroll past the city’s treasures such as Rector’s Palace, Orlando’s Tower and Franciscan Monastery.
- Visit the enchanting city of Mostar, known for its iconic Stari Most (Old Bridge), a reconstructed medieval arched bridge.
- Explore the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Sarajevo, and learn all about its troubled past and diverse heritage.
- Visit the majestic Prague Castle, the famous Charles Bridge, the ’Old Town’ and the Jewish Quarter in picturesque Prague.
Pack your bags, as you head to the airport for your international flight bound for Munich!
Arrive in Munich where you’ll be met by a tour guide and transferred to your hotel. Depending on what time you arrive, you could head into town to see the sights ahead of the start of your tour. A city that exhibits both prosperity and a certain amount of comfort and cosiness, Munich’s apparent contradictions will delight the avid explorer. Even with all its smart sophistication, Munich has a certain charm that you’ll find irresistible.
Tonight, meet your fellow explorers and get to know them over an authentic German beer in a traditional beer hall for dinner. Prost!
Leaving Munich this morning, your first stop is Salzburg. Featuring gorgeous architecture, a formidable cliff-top fortress and imposing cliffs in the distance, you could be forgiven for thinking that you’d accidently dropped into a fairy tale. Then it’s onto Lake Bled for a photo stop. The glittering lake is situated in the Julian Alps and surrounds Bled Island in the middle of the lake, overlooked by the medieval Bled Castle on the north shore.
On arrival in Ljubljana this afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of this little gem of a city. Despite its small size, you’re sure to be entranced by the beauty of this city, which features a wealth of cultural treasures, activities and sights.
Today, you will be treated to some of the most picturesque natural landscapes in the whole of Europe as you head to Croatia to visit the world-famous Plitvice Lakes National Park. Stroll along the boardwalks and marvel at the incredible natural scenery of Croatia’s largest national park. Filled with waterfalls, lush vegetation and countless lakes, this is one of the most beautiful stops on the tour, so keep your cameras handy! Once you’ve got an eyeful, and a camera-load of shots, head to your hotel for an included dinner and evening of relaxation.
Before heading to Dubrovnik today, you’ll have time to stroll around the historic town of Split, including the sprawling Palace of Diocletian. On arrival in Dubrovnik, your tour leader will take you on an orientation tour of the Old Town, where you’ll get intimately acquainted with this stunning walled city and it’s glorious maritime history dating back to the Middle Ages.
Afterwards, learn about the city’s history, stroll the marble streets, take a walk along the ancient city walls or try one of the many charming restaurants on your own. You have plenty of time to explore, so don’t rush – you have a full free day tomorrow.
Independently discover Dubrovnik today, with plenty of free time to visit the Maritime Museum in St. John’s Castle, linger in the historic Old Town, or enjoy people-watching at a charming cafe with an espresso in-hand.
Leaving Dubrovnik behind today, travel to Sarajevo, stopping on the way in the enchanting Balkan town of Mostar. Mostar is an enchanting and historical place, which offers a splattering of numerous religious buildings of Roman, Greek, Croatian and Ottoman influences.
Arriving in Sarajevo, the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina, learn all about the city’s troubled past, returning from the brink of destruction in the 90s, while admiring the East-meets-West atmosphere on a walking tour of this fascinating city.
Saying goodbye to Sarajevo this morning, make your way to the Serbian capital of Belgrade. Enjoy a tour of the city with a local guide from the opulent Republic Square to the whimsical Bohemian Quarter (Skadarlija) and luscious Kalemegdan Park to the Belgrade Fortress. After the walking tour, enjoy an included dinner with your group, before some free time to explore the city on your own.
After breakfast today, you’re bound for Hungary, making a stop at a farm in the traditional homeland of the Hungarian horse lords. Watch a traditional horse show where the locals demonstrate their equestrian skills, before an optional lunch hosted by the farm where you’ll have the opportunity to try world famous Hungarian goulash, a rich and hearty beef stew.
Then travel onward to Budapest. With a great mix of natural beauty and art nouveau architecture, this is a city to behold. Embark on an evening driving tour to get an overview of the city, including over the mighty Danube, before making a stop at the Fisherman’s Bastion for spectacular views across the river to the Parliament Building and St Stephen’s Basilica. Take note of all the spots you want to revisit tomorrow on your free day!
With traces of the past evident around every cobblestone road and in every old-world shop fronts, this is your chance to get up close and personal with Budapest. You could look out for remnants of the conflicts of WWII and the uprising of 1956, savour Hungarian delicacies, sample world-renowned wines, or perhaps soak your weary rambler’s bones in one of the city’s bathhouses – something Budapest has been known for since the Roman times. After a day of exploration, maybe catch the sunset with an evening stroll along the Danube.
Head for the grandeur of Vienna today, stopping along the way in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Your tour leader will take you on an orientation tour to see some of the main sights, including a photo stop at Bratislava Castle, which overlooks the city.
On arrival in Vienna, admire the cultural and historical splendour of this exciting and modern city with a driving tour. Afterwards, why not spend your evening sampling Vienna’s buzzing modern culinary scene, cheerful, bustling pubs and bars, or tracing Vienna’s musical past with luminaries like Mozart, Beethoven and Brahms, and artworks by masters like Klimt, Schiele and Kokoschka.
On the way to Prague today, you will visit Mauthausen Concentration Camp to learn about a darker chapter in Europe’s history. A labour camp during the WWII, this was where hundreds of thousands of political prisoners lost their lives. Then, a brief stop in Cesky Krumlov.
Blessed with a spectacular castle and a wealth of Renaissance and Baroque architecture, Cesky Krumlov is often thought of as a sort of mini-Prague, the perfect entree before arriving in the real deal. On arrival, enjoy a walking tour of this incredible city famed for its art, architecture, cobbled lanes and ancient chapels, including some of Europe’s finest beer.
Your local tour guide will proudly escort you through the historic streets, pointing out the features of the ’Old Town’, Primatial Palace, Slovak National Theatre and the Main Square. For dinner, experience authentic Czech cuisine at a local restaurant on your first night in Prague.
Today, take the time to explore on your own, perhaps revisiting some of the sights you saw on your walking tour yesterday. You’ll have the whole day to yourself to savour the local cuisine (including the much-lauded and hugely varied beers), visit art galleries, admire the weird and witty sculpture that adorns the city’s public spaces, and marvel at the soaring gothic and baroque architecture.
Before heading back to Munich, stop along the way in Nuremberg. Bavaria’s second-largest city, you’ll find incredible architecture here, painstakingly restored using original stone after the bombings of WWII. Your last night of the tour sees you back in Munich for you to enjoy as you see fit. Relax in your hotel, get together with your new-found friends from the tour for a farewell dinner, perhaps capped off with a stein in one of the beer halls that welcomed you so warmly at the beginning of your adventure.
Your tour concludes after breakfast today. Don’t forget to swap details with your fellow travellers before your onward journey home!
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner, I/F = In Flight
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide or Brisbane
- Flights are economy class with Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Lufthansa or Cathay Pacific, subject to availability
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and late departures
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for 2 people, twin share
- Group size – minimum 2, maximum 46
- Travelling solo? A single supplement of $1400 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Anything not listed in the itinerary
- Tipping – recommended at $12 per person, per day
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
Your Holiday is Safe with Kogan Travel
ATAS - Travel Accredited
AFTA - The Australian Federation of Travel Agents
International Flights Included
Kogan Travel Booking Guarantee
If, within 14 days of purchasing Your Kogan Travel offer (Guarantee Period) You have been unable to secure Your preferred travel dates, and have not confirmed a booking, We will issue You with a full refund to the face-value of Your voucher purchase.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages