EGYPT & JORDAN: 17 Day Escorted Tour Including Flights for Two
Navigate Egypt’s holy temples and Jordan’s ancient cities.
Immerse yourself in Egypt’s treasure trove of history and culture as you explore the wonders of Cairo, Luxor and Aswan, before capping it off with a tour of Jordan’s world-renowned wonders.
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation with Daily Breakfast Plus a 3 Night 5 Star Nile River Cruise with Full Board
- Uncover the Legacy of the Egyptians as You Weave Through Ancient Temples at Luxor, Aswan, Cairo and More!
- Be Awestruck by the Majestic Rose City of Petra and Sleep Under the Stars in Wadi Rum
- Return International Flights with Etihad
- Internal Flight from Cairo to Sharm El-Sheikh
- 11 Nights of Hotel Accommodation for Two
- 13 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches and 6 Dinners
- 3 Night 5 Star Nile River Cruise with Full Board
- 1 Night on an Overnight Bus
- All Tours and Sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- All On-Ground Transportation via Air-Conditioned Vehicle as per the Itinerary
- English-Speaking Egyptologist Tour Guides
- Cairo – Oasis Hotel or similar
- Luxor – Pyramisa Isis Hotel or similar
- Hurghada – The Three Corners Sunny Beach Resort or similar
- Amman – Meneur Hotel or similar
- Wadi Rum – Bait Ali Lodge Camp or similar
- Petra – La Maison Hotel or similar
- Nile River Cruise – Princess Sarah or similar
Cruise the Nile onboard the elegant Princess Sarah, gazing out at the wonders of Egypt while making the most of the onboard lounge bar, restaurant, swimming pool and sauna. Keep the party going when the sun goes down with live entertainment including belly dancing, gallabaya parties and folk shows.
- Available for departure on one of the following dates:
- 16 May
- 12 September
- 10 October
- 7 November
- 15 May
- 11 September
- 9 October
- 6 November
- Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- Select your preferred package option, click on Add to Cart and follow the payment prompts
- Once you have completed your purchase, you will be emailed a confirmation and online booking form
- Complete your booking form as soon as possible to lock in your holiday!
For any other assistance or enquiries please contact email@example.com or call us on 1300 517 210.
- Where marvellous ancient temples and gorgeous sunkissed vistas collide, familiarise yourself with the spectacular wonders of Egypt and Jordan on this thrilling 17 day adventure.
- Uncover the secrets of the Pyramids of Giza and the awe-inspiring Sphinx in Cairo before admiring the breathtaking Zoser Step Pyramid and Pharaonic Tombs.
- Cruise along the pristine waters of the Nile River onboard the luxury Princess Sarah cruise liner, absorbing the stunning sights of temples along the coast and waving at the locals swimming and fishing in the river banks.
- Explore the rust-coloured sands and desert landscape of Wadi Rum with a Jeep safari, enjoy an authentic Jordanian dinner by the campfire, and sleep under the stars.
- Discover the spectacular Rose City of Petra, a half-hidden city enveloped by mindblowing pink sandstone carvings, and stand before the world-renowned Al-Khazneh (treasury), carved from the limestone rockface.
- Take a dip in infamous Dead Sea, floating on the turquoise waters for a unique swimming experience you won’t find elsewhere.
Pack your bags for an adventure through Egypt and Jordan as you board your Etihad flight bound for Cairo!
Welcome to the lands of the Pharaoh! Upon arrival in Cairo, you will be met by your friendly local guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
This evening, meet your Egyptologist tour guide and tour members for a welcome meeting to brief you on the adventure that lies ahead.
Fuel up for your first day of iconic Egyptian experiences and follow your guide to the mesmerising Giza pyramid complex where you will revel in some of the country’s most famous attractions.
See the mighty Great Pyramids and sunkissed Sphinx before discovering the world’s oldest pyramid, dating back over 4200 years, the Step Pyramid of Djoser and Pharaonic tombs.
Wind down from the busy day with an evening relaxing in your hotel.
Board your internal flight to Aswan this morning before making your way to the water to board your 5 star Nile River cruise onboard the Princess Sarah.
Freshen up and get ready to be astounded by the sight of the High Dam of Aswan. Learn about the history of the construction of the dam, and the creation of Lake Nasser, which necessitated the relocation of thousands of citizens and very important monuments including Abu Simbel.
Continue onwards to Agilkia Island to explore the Temple of Isis at Philae before returning to Aswan for the night.
Enjoy the amazing views as you continue to navigate the Nile on your luxury cruise ship.
Stopping at the Temple of Kom Ombo this afternoon to see the famous dual temples of Haroeris and Sobek. These falcon and crocodile-headed goddesses share the temple and guard over the famous mummified crocodiles of Kom Ombo.
Cruise overnight along the glistening Nile River as your ship makes its way to Luxor.
A tourist mecca built on the Ancient capital of Thebes, Luxor is host to a wealth of ancient treasures. Leaving your cruise along the East Bank, today you’ll tour this exciting destination.
Experience the majesty of the golden temples of Karnak in person and visit the beautifully lit Luxor Temple, where you will wander down the mesmerising Avenue of Sphinxes.
Overnight at your hotel in Luxor and get ready for another full day of Egyptian adventuring tomorrow.
Today is a great day for history-lovers! After breakfast, head for the world-famous Valley of the Kings to explore the tombs of King Tutankhamen and other New Kingdom pharaohs. Discover the Temple of Hatshepsut before continuing to the massive stone statues of Colossi of Memnon.
Afterwards, board your air-conditioned bus to Hurghada for a relaxing evening enjoying dinner with your fellow travellers on arrival.
Make the most of the following two days with free time in Hurghada! You could explore the beach, chill by the pool, or explore the surrounding coral reefs by snorkelling or scuba diving.
Today, you will head back to Egypt’s sprawling capital city, Cairo.
Join an outing to the Egyptian Museum where you will learn more about Egypt’s fascinating history, and catch a glimpse of the treasures found in King Tutankhamun’s tomb.
Afterwards, explore the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar that’s located in Cairo’s historic centre. This colourful bazaar is filled with an eclectic mix of things to eat, see and buy!
Spend a free day exploring the bustling city of Cairo at your leisure, or join an optional excursion to Alexandria on the Mediterranean Coast.
Start the day with breakfast before heading to Cairo Airport to catch your flight to Amman, Jordan.
Upon arrival, you will head straight for the breathtaking desert landscape of Wadi Rum where you will camp for the night. Explore the area on a two-hour 4×4 Jeep safari before capping off your desert adventure with an authentic Jordanian dinner by the campfire accompanied by some spectacular stargazing.
Today you will be treated to a full day tour of the spectacular Rose City of Petra.
Explore this ancient UNESCO site on horseback and by foot, and behold the world-renowned Al-Khazneh (treasury), carved from the limestone rockface. Learn more about this fascinating city and see all the major attractions, including the majestic Amphitheater.
Escape the scorching heat of Petra and bask in the soothing serenity of the Dead Sea. Experience firsthand what it feels like to floating on the turquoise waters that are purported to have healing properties.
Then, pay a visit to the impressive Kerak Castle, a relic from the 1100s, before making your way to Amman where you will spend the night.
After breakfast this morning you will join in on a tour of the city of Amman. Follow your guide to some of the best-loved sights in the city, including the Roman Temple of Hercules, the 8th-century Umayyad Palace complex, and more!
Your tour of Egypt and Jordan comes to an end today after breakfast as you’re transferred to the airport for your flight back home.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Buying and Booking:
- Buy now – limited time offer!
- Top Tip: Book early to secure your preferred dates!
- 14 day booking guarantee – if you can’t book your preferred dates within 14 days we will refund you in full. See T&Cs here
- Bookings are subject to availability
- Bookings are non changeable & non refundable once your travel dates are confirmed
- Flights depart from Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
- Flights from Canberra, Hobart or Adelaide are available for an additional $250 per person
- Flights from Perth are available for an additional $500 per person
- Flights are economy class with Etihad Airways or similar, subject to availability
- Flights with Emirates are available for an additional $300 per person
- A flight amendment surcharge of $150 per person applies for early arrivals and later departures, plus any additional airfares and taxes
- Flights are subject to specific promotional economy fare availability
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily
- Stopovers are available upon request
- Subject to availability
- Not valid with any other offer
- Valid for two people, twin share
- Travelling solo? A single supplement price of $1299 applies to those wishing to travel alone
- Travel insurance – strongly recommended
- Visa/Entry requirements
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals not listed on the itinerary
- Optional tipping
- Optional tours
- Anything not listed in the Itinerary
- Please note that entrance fees for the following experiences on tour are not included in the tour price. A local payment of AUD $179 per person will need to be paid upon arrival to cover tipping and entry fees into the following local sites:
- Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx – approx. 200 EGP
- Sakara Pyramid – approx. 150 EGP
- Egyptian Museum – approx. 200 EGP
- Philae Temple – approx. 180 EGP
- The High Dam – approx. 75 EGP
- Kom Ombo – approx. 140 EGP
- Edfu Temple – approx. 180 EGP
- Karnak Temple – approx. 200 EGP
- Luxor Temple – approx. 160 EGP
- Valley of the Kings – approx. 240 EGP
- Hatshepsut Temple – approx. 140 EGP
- For the latest travel advice for your holiday please visit www.smartraveller.gov.au
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your trip overseas
- A visa may be required for your destination or any countries you are transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you obtain a valid visa. Please visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to assist you with any requirements.
- For information about how we calculate the savings and values of our deals, click here
Click here for Kogan Travel FAQs
Deal end dates are subject to change and may be extended at any time.
This Product is offered and supplied by Kogan Travel Pty Ltd pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
Related CategoriesHoliday Packages